Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

So, have the concerns that Xie heard on his trip to Japan from players who played in the loketest been addressed? I don't mind if this ends up being a game just for fun, but it would be nice if it had enough depth that it could be played on a competitive level. If anyone answers with, "it's going to be at SBO" as your answer, that doesn't mean anything, Sengoku Basara, FUC, and Hokuto no Ken, all fun games mind you, were at SBO too, and they are all stupid broken.

Crouching super was fixed like, right after. Players aren't spamming R-Actions or AoAs, it seems to me it was part reasonable concerns and part salt. Concern from the crouching super glitch and salt from R-Action and AoA. In videos so far, R-Actions aren't very viable for some characters, like Narukami's DP since its very slow and easy to bait

Only real concern right now is Naoto's gold burst into Insta kill. But that got figured out hours later

Thanks for the info Katsu! Either way, I plan on getting the game and having fun with it, so now I have a little more to look forward to, but I guess we'll see how things develop.

i have a feeling the silly gimmicky instant kills will be easy to avoid, but i'm worried about the IKs you can combo into, such as aigis's since it's basically a touch of death combo for 100 meter which isn't that hard to get in this game due to the free 50 you get for being low on health.

Well we know that Naoto, Kanji and Chie you can't combo into (well maybe Chie, but you'd probably need it off some high stun fatal counter if she even has something like that, and even then). Mitsuru's and Aigis' look like they may be able to be combo'd into, but as of right now we don't know if they can since neither has been used in a combo attempt.

Do Insta Kills only take 100 meter? If so then Chie can probably do Corner Combo > Trial Of The Dragon Install > Instant Kill, if she's in awakening mode.

That sucks... we're gonna have to wait till console release to figure out better stuff.

By the next week, I hope to see 1+ Cancel combos everywhere. Can't believe this game isn't combo guided.

Well just looking at it, her Skull Cracker has a nice amount of untech time, so if we either Rapid cancel it, or Install cancel it, we SHOULD be able to connect it, because Galactic Punt doesn't have TOO much startup.

or maybe it's like guilty gear where you can't combo into IKs. even still it seems p4arena's IKs have invincibility, so maybe they can be used as DP counters haha

Either way I'm cool with it, IKs aren't broke in BB, so I don't really have any reason to believe they're gonna be broke in this game.

We'll see though, who knows?

After watching the Yukiko playthrough, the plot revolving around the tournament makes way more sense except for one tiny detail.

Even though Shadow Labrys disguised as T.Bearson to round everyone up, how did plain old persona-less Labrys get in the TV world?

wich means that there are chances that some convulted plot would be present on this game

sfter all, atlus stated that they want to make a new fg series based on persona

not that im not happy with that :D

@Starlight777: If I remember correctly, you don't need to be able to invoke your persona to enter into the tv world. There are multiple instances in the game where characters were thrown into the tv without being able to invoke their persona. If you're asking how she got into the world on her own, as long as someone who can invoke a persona opens the "gate", she can enter...who that person was, dunno.

I've been watching some match vids, this game looks quite fun, can't wait to see how it develops. If anything, it looks pretty.

Either way I'm cool with it, IKs aren't broke in BB, so I don't really have any reason to believe they're gonna be broke in this game.

We'll see though, who knows?

ik's arent broken in bb because they take 1 burst and require the opponent to have less than 35% health

dunno about the burst requirement, but all you need is the 100 meter, without requiring any sort of other requirement from what i see

could lead to BEST HNK ROUND EVER moments i dunno

So since Labrys most likely was shoved into the TV world I have a theory but it's pretty unlikely.

Notice on the character select screen there are 2 random buttons, which means Arcsys could make space for a 12th character. Theoretically, this 12th person could be the character responsible for tossing Labrys in.

It would probably be an original villain since previous villains were either killed, arrested or disposed of in some manner, but this is all mindless speculation.

So since Labrys most likely was shoved into the TV world I have a theory but it's pretty unlikely.

Notice on the character select screen there are 2 random buttons, which means Arcsys could make space for a 12th character. Theoretically, this 12th person could be the character responsible for tossing Labrys in.

It would probably be an original villain since previous villains were either killed, arrested or disposed of in some manner, but this is all mindless speculation.

There has to be a 12th person, as Labrys crossing over without a Persona is impossible. I thought maybe Bearson could of been that 12th person, but it just ended up being...well, not what I thought lol

If I had to guess, we'll find out the true villain in the console versions story mode.

ik's arent broken in bb because they take 1 burst and require the opponent to have less than 35% health

dunno about the burst requirement, but all you need is the 100 meter, without requiring any sort of other requirement from what i see

could lead to BEST HNK ROUND EVER moments i dunno

Yeah good point.

I guess we'll just have to see how things work out.

There is something I forgot to mention, it's entirely possible that a 3rd party "guided" Labrys into the tv world, a party that doesn't invoke a persona, but can still open the gate. This 3rd party doesn't have to be human, or at least, not a "normal" human. It was never mentioned what the exact rules were for opening the gate on your own, and if any exceptions to this exist. Maybe this is all just a dream in Vincent's head...

Maybe this is all just a dream in Vincent's head...

Since I just finished Catherine for the first time, I'd be more than okay with that. Or with any connection to Catherine, really.

There has to be a 12th person, as Labrys crossing over without a Persona is impossible. I thought maybe Bearson could of been that 12th person, but it just ended up being...well, not what I thought lol

If I had to guess, we'll find out the true villain in the console versions story mode.

When you pair that up with how early Labrys was announced as a console exclusive character, I'm pretty convinced there's a 12th person.

All I can say is if there is one I hope it's a guy to balance out the gender ratio.

EDIT: On a side note I hope Yukiko's arcade scenes get translated.