Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akiro

Persona 4: Arena, coming to usa console summer 2012! New character: Elizabeth from the Velvet Room!

Just because it's old doesn't mean everyone has played them. Even though they shouldn't be on this forum in the first place if they haven't. >_>

People can get into Persona because of P4A.

I started watching LPs because of the fighting game announcement...

Just because it's old doesn't mean everyone has played them. Even though they shouldn't be on this forum in the first place if they haven't. >_>

Yes, how strange they would come to a fighting game forum when they're interested in the Persona fighting game.

a lot of people who didn't play persona 3/4 are interested in this game. its not like you need to discuss spoilers for those games in anything except discussions relating to the plot (which should maybe have its own thread!)

Because, it's a fighting game not an RPG and people want more (or just their favorite) characters...and he's an extremely popular character. I honestly wish this game wasn't canon so they wouldnt have to come up with reasons for or against his inclusion, or have the roster limited because of canon.
This...... this so much.

Going by that logic, I'd like to have FeMC in as well. <3

Also, I know that most, if not all of us have beaten P3 and P4 but IMO, we should be courteous not to post spoilers so casually, or at least put a spoiler mark, there's probably some of us here lurking that haven't played or beaten one of those games and they're interested in playing the RPGs at a later time. Just my two cents.

I'm going to assume you understood what I ment because the issue of spoilers was not the point of my post.

... Then why would you respond to my post when my issue was the spoilers?
The same reason you responded to his post when his issue was not the spoilers.

... Then why would you respond to my post when my issue was the spoilers?

I was responding to the second half of your statement

because that's like saying people can't be interested in this game (P4U) unless they've played the original source material.

My stance on ze spoilers: it's always good to be considerate since as Circ said we have spoiler tags but I can see why people would just casually bring it up as most seem to have played it or at least know the synopsis. I've derailed this thread enough though so apologizes for that.

I saw no mention of this, and Liz doesn't have a gameplay thread, so heres some notes concerning her

スコアタやったら13人目にエリザベス出た。

武器は本を持っていて、ペルソナは3のタナトス、

ゲージの上に常にSPアップのマークが出てた。

ガーキャン?の打撃が当たったら本に閉じ込めて状態異常付加メロメロと恐怖を確認

超必は直斗のハマオンみたいなの46000強のダメージ、

あと、棺桶に閉じ込めてタナトスがぶった切る10000強のダメージの二つを確認

リーチは短そう、タナトスは使いやすそうだった。

例によってよくわからんかったが、ゲージは常時ものすごい勢いで回復

棺桶に吸い込むSP技(おそらく覚醒スキル)が投げ判定臭く単発で3ヒット7500ダメージ

あと発動条件は不明だが、チェンジの発声と共に死にかけから一瞬で全快

エリザベス戦のBGMは避けられぬ戦い、か全ての人の魂の戦い、のアレンジがいいなぁ

We have an awful google translate, but no real translation on the site. Anyone know what it says?

Oh, is she the secret score attack boss or something? Haha. Sorry, though, too tired to try to translate that block.

Elisabeth is the 13th opponent in the Score Attack mode.

She wields a book, has Thanatos as her Persona, and always has the SP UP mark over her SP gauge.

She has a Guard Cancel-like move when she locks you up in her book and applies fear and "Meromero" (charm, I guess?). This is probably her R-Action.

She also has a super-move that is similar to Naoto's Hamaon and deals over 46000 damage (huh?).

Another super-move has Thanatos confine you in one of his coffins and cut you up for two hits and 10000 damage (huh??). Its range is short, but is easy to use with Thanatos.

Her SP UP status obviously recovers her SP at extreme pace, so she spams her super-moves often.

Her last super-move, which is probably her Awakening, has her suck you into a coffin and hits you for 7500 damage over 3 hits.

Though the conditions are uncertain, she may avoid dying completely and get a voice change.

Lastly, her BGM is Unavoidable Battle, though it would be cool to have a remix of Battle for Everyone's Souls as her playable track.

...Yyeeeah, I don't think that she's going to be playable in this state.

^ I think thats probably her Boss form, her regular one is not gonna be that OP.

That's exactly what I meant by "this state".

Though I think that the OP just added another zero to all that damage for some reason. I mean, why would you need to deal 46k damage when most characters have around 10?

Though I think that the OP just added another zero to all that damage for some reason. I mean, why would you need to deal 46k damage when most characters have around 10?

Because they want you to FEEL how broken she is in boss form.

I was responding to the second half of your statement

because that's like saying people can't be interested in this game (P4U) unless they've played the original source material.

My stance on ze spoilers: it's always good to be considerate since as Circ said we have spoiler tags but I can see why people would just casually bring it up as most seem to have played it or at least know the synopsis. I've derailed this thread enough though so apologizes for that.

Naw, it's partly my fault as well. My bad.

Arcsys may have actually made her do 46k damage just for the hell of it. I mean, a bunch of BB's astrals do pretty random damage values, and those aren't even boss moves.

So if boss Elizabeth does anything, you generally explode. From that translation it sounds like something actually worse than Unlimited Ragna. Like gold Dizzy all over again.

Arcsys may have actually made her do 46k damage just for the hell of it. I mean, a bunch of BB's astrals do pretty random damage values, and those aren't even boss moves.

Could also have been a suggestion from Atlus. Keep in mind, these are the people who made at least one bonus boss with an attack that dealt 1000+ damage even though the playable party's health figures capped at 999.

She sounds as hard as she actually is in P3 lol.

Could also have been a suggestion from Atlus. Keep in mind, these are the people who made at least one bonus boss with an attack that dealt 1000+ damage even though the playable party's health figures capped at 999.

-cough-

You have a point there, too.

She sounds as hard as she actually is in P3 lol.

She sounds way harder actually. In P3 it was mostly about preparation and a bit of luck. Now you have to be like be a fighting game god. D:

Naw, it's partly my fault as well. My bad.

It's all good dude. Just some miscommunication :)

I like how I got my wish that Elizabeth (for SA at least) would be broken as fuck lol. Watch: she doesn't do anything for most of the the round then right when she's about to die you have to be on your toes because she'll go Super Saiyan x Infinity on you.

It's all good dude. Just some miscommunication :)

I like how I got my wish that Elizabeth (for SA at least) would be broken as fuck lol. Watch: she doesn't do anything for most of the the round then right when she's about to die you have to be on your toes because she'll go Super Saiyan x Infinity on you.

That would be hilarious. Can you imagine someone getting to her in score attack and then seeing her just stand there? The player'd be so confused. I probably wouldn't know if I should attack her or not.

Hm. I guess Elizabeth and Shadow Labrys will both get the "Congratulations!"-ending arcade route deal, too, huh.