Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuushiro

[CSE-CP] Jin General Thread "Jin it to win it... again"

I think if you can do 5B into 4k, you don't actually need to decide. =O

Well, maybe except for double ice wave.

Cleaned up the jin video thread, the forum balls were a cute idea but prevented the first post from being updated after a while. Moy you don't have to worry about updating, it should be all done now.

Sweet, yeah, I wanted to add a Kly match I was watching earlier and the opening post was like "lol nope, too many character balls".

kinda boring

Jin is underpowered so he must use it nonetheless. He is not Ragna to think about being creative beside mixups. =\

How is everyone doing on that j.2C loop FC combo? I can usually only get the first set right, the second set is too strict for my taste.

I just do something much easier lol:

2C FC > j.2C > j.C > JC > j.2C > j.C > 66 5C > Sekkajin > 66C > 2D > j.2C > j.C > 5B > 5C > 3C > 214C for about 3.5 and 56 Heat. I lose out on 300 damage and 3 more Heat but this one is piss easy to do lololol

How is everyone doing on that j.2C loop FC combo? I can usually only get the first set right, the second set is too strict for my taste.

I just do something much easier lol:

2C FC > j.2C > j.C > JC > j.2C > j.C > 66 5C > Sekkajin > 66C > 2D > j.2C > j.C > 5B > 5C > 3C > 214C for about 3.5 and 56 Heat. I lose out on 300 damage and 3 more Heat but this one is piss easy to do lololol

I've done the second set successfully about 5% of the time, but I can't get the part after landing from the second set down yet. I kinda gave up on it because there are better combos for me to practice, lol.

those combos require that you be very close to the opponent, i'd rather go with the 2C > 6B route since that's the usual range you'll actually fatal counter someone on the ground. i also think learning your 2C fatal combos off air hits is much more important.

Speaking of which, what are you guys using for 2C fatal AA? I usually go for 2C > 66 5C > air dash > Sekkajin stuff because I'm too lazy to come up with something else. Does around 3.2k damage I think.

umm... I do 2c fatal> j2c> 5c sjc> stuff> dash sekkajin>6c> 214c

I like this combo because it makes the combo safe if you they burst the minute they get hit by the fatal. And it has could corner carry as well.

those combos require that you be very close to the opponent, i'd rather go with the 2C > 6B route since that's the usual range you'll actually fatal counter someone on the ground. i also think learning your 2C fatal combos off air hits is much more important.

True, you're not going to be landing ground 2C FCs as much as you'd want and not at that range, unless you're playing a scrubby masher or someone who does DerpPs. I really need to practice my FC combos, I never expect to land them, and when I do I'm like "lol what do I do?"

@eQualz - I just do what I have listed in the combo thread, which I'm guessing is also what you're doing lol.

I wish 2C wasn't that slow. Airborne enemies often jump over it before it gets to active frames. Or I'm just not used to its timing.

By the way, it somehow reminds me of Relius' 2C. Even combo damage is pretty much the same.

i agree that it's a bit slow, but they probably don't want another CT nu's 2C again haha

Ok, I'm hella shitty right now. I'm just now finding out that you can kara cancel stuff into throws/specials/supers during the opponent's super flash. I seriously thought that you could only kara cancel into Barrier. Sweet Jesus, I can finally punish the overused I-frame supers like Ashura and Req Vinum as well as the two Yukikazes.

post-9387-139515169894_thumb.jpg

2c's always been considered garbage, it has better head invincibility now but the dmg nerf makes it even worse than it was be4

My God, I even commented on that video and was all hyped about it yet the fucking 2A > Throw Kara Cancel escaped me lololol

~Video~

I cannot do it online... Offline, I do this to our local bang player a lot. He does not ever wake up "Steel Rain" against me when I have 50 heat, LOL!

I really need to practice my FC combos, I never expect to land them, and when I do I'm like "lol what do I do?"

Lol, I have the same problem. I'm like "Shit, a fatal... wat do?" and I actually fuck up the combo because i thought about it too long. XD

I got a trophy for winning da ranbat yay... lol...

anyway, off 2C AA, usually I do 5C> j2C..mid screen otherwise if it's in the corner or close to corner I just do a pseudo-corner DP loop.

Honestly, I don't use 2C as an anti-air because I feel it's really unsafe. Though I have done some silly things with it off of AA Fatal, but that is RARE and during my "Nothing else is working, so why not" moments.

2C is less punishable then 623AB, has head invul, good vertical reach and gives easy 3k+ combo. I believe it can be used frequently. But takes quite an experience to get used to timing. Since it's slow, yeah.

Oh, and it can be special-cancelled on block which is good too.