Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuushiro

[CSE-CP] Jin General Thread "Jin it to win it... again"

eh isn't p1 supposed to only work if it's the starter? or does it mean first time the move was used in the combo? though there isnt really any 2nd 3c before it blue beats :v

p1 is like the starting proration and only calculated from 1st move p2 is calculated with every move even the 1st......eh so like theyre both p1 100 but p2 is 92 vs 84 and the 84 scales alot worse cuz you alrdy doing 84% of dmg on next hit and it also drops the untech time more

AH! so that's what I'm missing lol Thanks bro!

Anyway, I can't seem to react properly to a lot of stuff. How do I improve on that aspect? :v

If you know what your opponent's options are at a given moment, then you know what to look for. Furthermore, you can prepare what you'll do once you react.

uhh.....learn their common mixups? lol or know what kind of moves you can beat out or punish

Speaking of beating stuff, here's a list of shit that 6A loses to on hit (not counting DPs/reversals)

Ragna

5A - 5F, trades with 5A but loses to 2A

2A - 7F, win

Advantageous, 2A will beat his 2A and low profile under his 5A.

Jin:

5A - 6F, trades with 5A but loses to 2A

2A - 7F, win

Advantageous, same as Ragna.

Rachel:

5A - 6F, hits crouching so it will trade with 2A but lose to 5A.

2A - 7F, loses to 2A but wins against 5A

Disadvantageous, guess right on her 5A with 5A and you win. Guess wrong on her 2A with 5A, you whiff and lose. Trade her 5A with your 2A and you're back to neutral (not good for Jin as you just gave up the momentum in this little game of rock-paper-scissors).

Carl:

5A - 6F, loses to 5A and trades with 2A

2A - 6F, trades with 2A and beats 5A

You're fucked, his 2A trades with your 2A and beats 5A. There's no reason for him to use 5A in this scenario when 2A puts him back in neutral at worst.

Arakune:

5A - 6F

2A - 10F

Disadvantageous, same as Rachel.

Bang:

5A - 6F

2A - 8F

Disadvantageous, same as Rachel and Arakune.

Hakumen:

5A - 5F, trades with 5A but loses to 2A

2A - 7F, loses to both 5A and 2A

50/50, guess right and you'll beat his 2A with both 5A and 2A. Guess wrong and you'll trade with 5A, putting you back in neutral.

Tsubaki:

5A - 6F

2A - 7F

Disadvantageous, same as Rachel, Arakune, and Bang.

Hazama:

5A - 5F

2A - 6F

You're fucked, same as Carl.

Lambda:

5A - 6F

2A - 8F

Advantageous, same as Ragna and Jin.

Tager:

5A - 7F, loses to 5A

2A - 8F, loses to 5A

I'd say advantageous but that pitiful amount of frame disadvantage doesn't mean shit to him. In fact, he wants you there so that he can employ his own guessing game of A Buster, AC, and backdash/DP punishes.

Litchi

5A - 6F

2A - 7F

Advantageous, same as Ragna, Jin, and Lambda.

Taokaka:

Her 2A low profiles under all of your ground normals, beats 2B and recovers on time to dodge or block 6B. Nuff' said. (You're fucked, same as Carl and Hazama).

Noel:

5A - 5F, hits crouchers.

You're fucked, same as Carl, Hazama, and Tao.

Mu:

5A - 6F

2A - 7F

Advantageous, same as Ragna, Jin, Lambda, and Litchi.

Makoto:

5A - 5F

2A - 6F

You're fucked, same as Carl, Hazama, Tao, and Noel.

Plat:

5A - 6F

2A - 8F

Disadvantageous, same as Rachel, Arakune, Bang, and Tsubaki.

Valk:

5A - 6F

2A - 7F

Advantageous, same as Ragna, Jin, Lambda, Litchi and Mu.

Relius:

5A - 6F

2A - 7F

Advantageous, same as Ragna, Jin, Lambda, Litchi, Mu, and Valk.

So we have 7 advantageous situations, 5 disadvantageous situations, 5 situations where we're completely fucked, one 50-50, and one where it's not worth being in that position. I don't know about you but this is some bullshit right here.

So the verdict says to push buttons against Relius, Ragna, Jin, Lambda, Litchi, Mu, and Valk. Don't push buttons against Makoto, Carl, Hazama, Tao, and Noel. Push buttons at your own shitty risk against Plat, Rachel, Arakune, Bang, and Tsubaki. Push buttons for a 50-50 with Hakumen. I'd say don't risk it against Tager because of a guessing game of his own.

Well that or TRM them if they're in range for it lol.

what this tells me is go for purple throw on 6A hit without 50 meter.

yeah man you have no idea how many times ive been mashed out of 6a on hit....or eaten dps and supers

what this tells me is go for purple throw on 6A hit without 50 meter.

Lmao, I love doing this to people.

Relius and Lambda have to take the +1, lest they have the meter to DD, at which point you can also Kara cancel the 2A into a DD of your own. For everyone else, there's Master Card (TRM) lol.

Relius and Lambda have to take the +1, lest they have the meter to DD, at which point you can also Kara cancel the 2A into a DD of your own. For everyone else, there's Master Card (TRM) lol.

That is probably why I don't see anything wrong with 6A. I am a horribly short sighted person.

So I found out that a well-timed 6B will beat Tsubaki's wakeup DP, lol.

Kei is looking very good and solid overall (yet probably worse compared to Tetsuwo and Ren). Though I was going to cry looking at all these blocked 623C.

So I found out that a well-timed 6B will beat Tsubaki's wakeup DP, lol.

It looks hilarious, used to do it in CS1, never knew it still worked for CSX. gotta try doing this again soon :D

Meh... I thought Kei was trying too hard. I'm not in the guys mind so i really don't know what was going on but i think he must of been nervous or something; i've seen him take down players stronger than the ones he was playing against.