Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuushiro

[CSE-CP] Jin General Thread "Jin it to win it... again"

Biggest BB tourney, your tournament life as well as your teammates is at stake....biggest prize in the history of JP team tournaments available? I'd say there was a miniscule chance he may have been nervous but what do i know. Not to mention single elim.

And hoshi you don't actually know how strong his opponents are, videos account for barely a fraction of actual match play, and there's tons of arcades that don't record, i saw lots of strong players i never heard of when i watched this stream.

Fenrichi VS lucky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYROa_sSOCY#t=3m14s

VS akira

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UtMBGIG8e4#t=2m3s

Video thread up to datenow

I'm gonna be a douche and say yes lol. By this time you should know pretty much what Jin is capable of: his pressure holes, his resets, his gimmicks, his hit and hurt boxes, his frame data, OS against DP B/C, etc. It's probably more of a "the other Jin is better" than a "not knowing how to fight Jin".

Jeez Moy. Just cause you use him doesn't mean you know how to blow yourself up at every point. The only thing I would say he should know are a few reset points to be ready for and the obvious stuff like the range on his moves. I doubt every Jin plays the same, resets the same, does anything the same. I don't play the character, but I really have never met a Jin that plays like anyone else.

The thing is, I do know how to blow Jin up. I know pretty much all of his resets minus some extremely gimmicky ones. While I might know how to blow Jin up, I do admit to getting outplayed or losing to better Jins.

That's the thing, I dare to say I know almost all of his gimmicks yet I get hit by stupid stuff like j.236X A/B > air dash > j.2C, air combo > j.D > fall > throw reset just to name a few. I know very well how to counter that stuff but my brains is like nuh-uh.

I did exaggerate a bit, but getting stuffed by your own gimmicks is no fun, lol.

Edit:

I do admit to getting outplayed or losing to better Jins.

That was never my point, but yeah, he's a much better player than I am. And worst of all Jin is only his sub.

Just because we know the resets and gimmicks doesn't mean that we won't fall for them lol. I know I get hit by reset 6As simply because I don't have what it takes to react to 6A lol. Just remember to DP them once in a while to keep your opponent honest.

^this

stuff like throw resets are probably one of the harder things to react to cuz if you dont know its coming then its going to catch you off guard which will proly take you more than 13 frames in real time to react to

he's a much better player than I am. And worst of all Jin is only his sub.

Lol, everyone thinks that he's only my sub. He's just as much as a main as my Ragna, maybe even more as of recently.

But I do agree with Moy here. I mean, you should have a pretty good idea of the choices a Jin could make in different situations. Obviously you won't be blocking it 100% of the time,

But being a Jin player, it shouldn't surprise you want they may do.

Or maybe you are just not used to playing against another Jin? Idk.

I personally dislike Jin mirrors because they're silly.

Oh, hey there Katsuke! or rather Kid?

Nah, I should be used to playing Jin, if not 80% thanks to Moy. It's just weird that I have a harder time dealing with your Jin than your Ragna.

what this tells me is go for purple throw on 6A hit without 50 meter.

A sad but harsh truth sir.

I'm gonna be a douche and say yes lol. By this time you should know pretty much what Jin is capable of: his pressure holes, his resets, his gimmicks, his hit and hurt boxes, his frame data, OS against DP B/C, etc. It's probably more of a "the other Jin is better" than a "not knowing how to fight Jin".

This is case most of the time. The better Jin will win the mirror most of the time. I'll admit to getting curb stomped by Minoru/Haven, they body me consistantly in mirrors and I'll run even with Moy/SRz. All 4 of these Jin players are better than me right now and I'll admit to that.

My execution is pretty bad and I do combos I can rely on instead of the ones that does max damage so I forcefully limit my playstyle to something I'm comfortable to instead of a playstyle that's reliable. I should take the risk of performing the bigger combos but they aren't in muscle memory just yet (currently learning them ATM) so I'm dropping a lot of them due to not knowing them as I should.

In the end, the Jin with more tools/gimmicks/reaction will win.

Pretty much the only difficult combos are the DP C CH > 66 5C and the corner 5B > 5C > DP B > (Delayed) 6C ones. I'm going through the combo thread and replacing + getting rid of some asinine combos right now. Expect to have a better combo thread by the end of today and if not by tomorrow at the latest.

After doing Plat combos, Jin's combos are a piece of cake. Even the 44 2C ones now lol.

Also, I added a list of Jin resets to the Jin mirror thread. Remember kids, OS DP bait makes Jin's DP B/C obsolete on the ground :eng101:

The Jin competition sounds freaking awsome over there. We have so little active Jin players around here.

edit:

5B > 5C > DP B > (Delayed) 6C

For me, it helps a lot to add a dash inbetween BP B and 6C to fill the gap. Works 90% of the time, 10% getting a silly side swap, lol.

Works 90% of the time, 10% getting a silly side swap, lol.

I get the silly side swap 90% of the time by doing that so I just decided to time it instead lol.

anyone going to rep the Jin at evo side tourney this yr?

I most likely can't go because of lot of reasons. Not sure about my job situation. etc

I most likely can't go because of lot of reasons. Not sure about my job situation. etc

Pretty much this, my hearts goes to those who make the sacrifice and go lol.

Hmm..dunno how I'd fair against American players at EVO. Would like to go sometime though.

Good luck to all the Jin players that make it.

That was never my point, but yeah, he's a much better player than I am. And worst of all Jin is only his sub.

So what? Shouldn't bring you down. Should actually be one of the reasons you should step your game up, just to prove yourself. that's what i've been trying to do, and fail at LOL. Best Jin in our area is a Tsubaki main / Litchi sub / Jin subsub :V And the worst part is, he doesn't have the game, never gets to practice and only know combos besides the very basic ones(though whenever he sees me doing some better combos, he remembers the input and pull it off almost perfectly the next time he plays jin lol) and still fare much better than all of the jins here lol.

So I discovered why I have so much trouble with 2B > 5B > 5C > Sekkajin > 66 5C > j.2C > j.C > j.D > 6C > 214C...

Apparently, if the opponent hits the ground after j.D, the second hit of 214C will whiff. Fucking stupid height dependent combo...

lol, what a finish to that match. Van be trollin'

So I discovered why I have so much trouble with 2B > 5B > 5C > Sekkajin > 66 5C > j.2C > j.C > j.D > 6C > 214C...

Apparently, if the opponent hits the ground after j.D, the second hit of 214C will whiff. Fucking stupid height dependent combo...

That combo tends to whiff if you're close to the corner for some reason. Make sure that you're doing way away from the corner.

Anyways, the combo thread is 50% redone. I stopped at the 5C combos. Even then, I have to go through it again and rework some combos because I derped and forgot that 214A > 44 5C/2C > 6C > DC > DP B existed :vbang:

I did find my new best thing off some crappy starters like 5A, 2A, or 2B.

Crappy Starter > 5B > Sekkajin > 66 6C > DC > 214A > 44 2C > DP B > 66 5D > 236D > empty jump mix-up.

The combo builds it's own meter for 236D regardless of starter. Get them to guess-block wrong on the empty jump mix-up and you'll get over 4.4K (j.2C/3C) lol.

One thing though, why is is that Lambda gets a free empty jump set-up (Sickle Storm) that nets her a ridiculous amount of frame advantage (+71) off any knockdown and we have to spend 25 Heat, alter a combo so that it does less damage, be in the corner, and we get roughly +33 frame advantage, just barely enough to do an empty jump mix-up and still worry about a DP. WHY BASED ARCSYS, WHY!?

That combo tends to whiff if you're close to the corner for some reason. Make sure that you're doing way away from the corner.

Aha! You're right! It will only whiff if you're too close to the corner AND the opponent hits the ground after j.D. It works always if you don't hit the corner. Hmm, alternatively the combo will always work if you omit the 66 5C. It's a 3 heat and 62 damage loss though.