Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuushiro

[CSE-CP] Jin General Thread "Jin it to win it... again"

Can we still do it off 2D since it's nerfed to hell?

I can't do it iirc..., let me know if I am wrong...

not just the clean hit coz that's impossible.. I think

I am thinking like 5C>2C > 2D >> astral might have enough time for it

Could we ever even do it after 2D? The link is tight enough as it is off 6D.

yeah.... i really don't think that ever worked seeing as astral startup is 6+50 and 2D max freeze length is 50. and that's not even counting the recovery of 2D at all.

i have no idea how you thought this was possilbe in the first place.

Astraling off of 2D in BB3? That honestly is TOO easy of a set up if you ask me. Everyone's bursting Sekkajin because they know whats to follow if thats the case...

Well Sekkajin is pretty much already one of the best places to Burst. Up there with a well-timed Burst off the DP loop into punishment lol.

Really, getting punished for using specific combos. Stay sad, Jin, lol.

So what if it's easy. We already have a few specialits with easy set-ups so why can't Jin have one? Can't deny that it'd be TOO easy though.

You know what? At this point I don't care. Go ahead, make Jin as broken as you want. Just don't give him any more nerfs and I'm happy.

It's not like Sekkajin is just about the only source of reliable, meterless damage we have aside from the highly space-dependent wallbounce combos, and of course we recover from 623C so quickly that they are really just wasting a burst...oh wait.

At least anyone other than Tager has only 2 primers saving them from a guard crush after a green burst, which isn't that hard to manage now...if they don't BB.

Well Sekkajin is pretty much already one of the best places to Burst. Up there with a well-timed Burst off the DP loop into punishment lol.

Really, getting punished for using specific combos. Stay sad, Jin, lol.

Actually sekkajin is a bad place to burst if jin has meter. You can hold 4 during sekkajin and RC when you see the burst to block it.

True, it's usually a bad idea to Burst after getting hit by a special attack (barring DP C) if you have the meter. Without meter, that's pretty much the best place to Burst because if they Burst after 5B then all you have to do is hold back and you'll block it automatically. With 5C you can just JC to bait the Burst. With Sekkajin, you're pretty much screwed without meter.

I love it when people Burst after getting hit by Mami when I have the meter to RC lol.

Actually sekkajin is a bad place to burst if jin has meter. You can hold 4 during sekkajin and RC when you see the burst to block it.

do you honestly think the average player has the reaction for that though? It isn't too easy to pull off. I've only done it once and when I baited the burst I was like "oh shit! I blocked it!" and I hesitated so i couldn't follow up with a combo ._.

do you honestly think the average player has the reaction for that though? It isn't too easy to pull off. I've only done it once and when I baited the burst I was like "oh shit! I blocked it!" and I hesitated so i couldn't follow up with a combo ._.

Pretty much this.

I've only done it twice because it was a "Burst or Die" situation for the opponent and even then, I've only done this twice successfully since it's situational. Is it possible? Yes it is but it's pretty situational especially since the chances of people bursting Sekkajin is low.

Also Minoru, could you do me a favor and PM me a few of Jin's resets, frame trap gimmicks and such for this tutorial video we're working on? You seem to be the right guy to ask about this since you seem to body me with them a lot. I don't need all of them, just a few decent ones or easy ones since this is for a tutorial.

Shirushi, last of a dying race :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_z7cTUgCV4#t=2m35s

Stunedge informed me tetsu pretty much quit BB...at least he gave us those netplay jin matches before he left lol. He said not many people are playing for various reasons. SBO (lack there of),P4U and continuum shift for 3 years was the main culprit lol.

@eQualz...ragna has easy as shit astral setups, why not the major lol.

Man, you know what? I probably will pick up P4U after all. The real reason I want to play GG is because of the offline scene here which still supports the game. P4U just looks like it will be hella fun and it looks like it's more similar to BB than GG. The problem here is that I highly doubt anyone here, aside from 2 or 3 people will play the game :/

Shirushi, last of a dying race :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_z7cTUgCV4#t=2m35s

Stunedge informed me tetsu pretty much quit BB...at least he gave us those netplay jin matches before he left lol. He said not many people are playing for various reasons. SBO (lack there of),P4U and continuum shift for 3 years was the main culprit lol.

@eQualz...ragna has easy as shit astral setups, why not the major lol.

Isn't that the same as SF4 though? They've just had SF4's various iterations, but even though that's the same as Continuum Shift it's still strong.

Fighting games in general have never been big to begin with though.

Yes but SFIV is still at SBO...and capcom games always have lots of players, not to mention no other capcom game to move onto since SxT flopped,meanwhile anime players have P4U, no more big BB tournaments this year after Gods and BBR. Lastly capcom games bring $$$.

@Moy, jiyuna said its closer to GG than anything (Bursts work like GG, super jumps work like GG) but its mostly its own game i guess.

Also the fact that Ark sys rarely ever sponsor the pots and events people hold with the game as a "main event" or something like that, they only did BBR which was probably it's last thing going for besides Gods. i just wish it had more opporitunities or something.

I'll still play BB along with the many other games i'll play.

Yargh...BB is the only game I somewhat know how to play...lol. Though I'd be surprisingly OK with moving on to P4A. Of course, I'll continue playing BB. Hopefully the scene will pick up again when a BB3 comes out.

BB3 please, like seriously just bring it out rather then another continuum shift for like the 4th time

Going by the pattern of when ArcSys makes announcements for BB (every summer), they might have release some news about BB soon. But I could be wrong.