Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuushiro

[CSE-CP] Jin General Thread "Jin it to win it... again"

Still waiting on that combo list for the tutorial... I'm literally just waiting on that and frame traps + oki explaination.

lol, I totally forgot about that. Is that all that's left for the tutorial? If so, I'll get on that tomorrow after I get done with all the shit I gotta do. I should be in bed right now as I have to get up at 7 AM later on x_x

All that I've listed is what i need. Once I have that, I'll patch it in the program and make the videos. After that It's getting an internet connection to upload the videos which shouldn't be a problem.

Try to get in contact with Jyosua for the frame traps. He tested a bunch of stuff out and even made a list. I think it got lost somewhere within this thread though. As for oki, I can give you almost all of the common setups.

After 214C knockdown: 66 2A cross-under mid-screen, meaty/roll punish 2A/5B in the corner.

After 623C knockdown in the corner: j.2C safe-jump/roll punish

After 214A knockdown in the corner: sj.2C safe-jump/roll punish, IAD j.2C, empty jump mix-up (loses to forward roll), dashing cross-under, dashing cross-under > 44 2A cross-under (loses to delayed tech), ambiguous j.2C, dash cross-under > 44 2A cross-under > IAD j.2C.

I'm not exactly sure about the ambiguous j.2C mix-up, I can't remember the name of the video that showed a bunch of ambiguous j.2C mix-up setups.

Thanks Moy, we only need the basics so the common set ups is all that should be included. I'll take these down tomorrow because it is late as hell over here lol! Gonna crash afer I patch the tutorial up with some corrections via text.

I know, it's almost 3 AM over here. I'm looking at less than 3 hours of sleep. This won't be a good day lol.

As far as the frame traps: yeah I still have that list. I'm currently on the road moving to California, but once I'm set up at my house, which should be some time this weekend, I can give it to you. There are some possible errors in it if a move hits later than the first active frame, but you'll probably notice that if you record things.

Also Moy: I hope we can still play. I'll miss our matches if the connection is too laggy.

Thanks man, hit me up with a PM of the list when you get settled in.

Okay. I didn't know about the mix-ups. I'm sure they will be a big help.

As for combos. I always thought my fingers were too slow to do them. So go to challenge and try to make up my own combos that I CAN do. lol I've been trying to find a Jin teacher but never could find one that would help me with him. I've asked AkiraShiro and Minoru_Hoshi but they never help any. People like NovaBlood and Minoru do nothing but beat me down untill they get tried of me. lol

But I do thank you for the help though. :) Your the first to actually help me with anyone on BlazBlue.

yet you haven't sent me any messages since the last time we've played... i'm not gonna keep up with you. if you want help then ask. Please don't expect me to watch over you. Just ask and you will get answers... thank you.

Okay. I didn't know about the mix-ups. I'm sure they will be a big help.

As for combos. I always thought my fingers were too slow to do them. So go to challenge and try to make up my own combos that I CAN do. lol I've been trying to find a Jin teacher but never could find one that would help me with him. I've asked AkiraShiro and Minoru_Hoshi but they never help any. People like NovaBlood and Minoru do nothing but beat me down untill they get tried of me. lol

But I do thank you for the help though. :) Your the first to actually help me with anyone on BlazBlue.

you chose the wrong game to learn jin

yet you haven't sent me any messages since the last time we've played... i'm not gonna keep up with you. if you want help then ask. Please don't expect me to watch over you. Just ask and you will get answers... thank you.

^Truth.

Don't expect people who don't even know you to randomly help and guide you without even asking them for help in a respectable way.

you chose the wrong game to learn jin

Having really started learning Jin this game myself... I kinda have to agree with this. Man, CS2 was so much better.

Having really started learning Jin this game myself... I kinda have to agree with this. Man, CS2 was so much better.

well i don't play csx but from what i see, you REALLY have to know jin inside and out to be decent with him in this game.

his mixup is nerfed, his damage sucks even more now, and execution is tighter than ever

Well, his damage sucks outside the corner, but he has good corner carry now. The problem with it, is as you say: good corner carry combos require good execution. His mixup was nerfed though, which is my biggest complaint. That and nerfing j.B and j.C.

The only areas I feel Jin's damage was really nerfed is 632146D and his 6C mid-screen, j.C and 2C combos; everywhere else isn't that far off from what it was in cs2 imo. While Jin's air attacks did get nerfed a bit, I feel the gains he got from 214A wallbounce partly made up for that, and extended his corner combo range significantly. Though I do agree that exectution, spacing, and placement have become more demanding for Jin now; he is no longer as simple a character as he once was with all the combos you need to know for optimum results.

What combos are considered to be more execution heavy than CS2? I feel like his EX combos are just as easy as CS2 combos.

What combos are considered to be more execution heavy than CS2? I feel like his EX combos are just as easy as CS2 combos.

Meh. not really. In CS2 the combinations weren't really that complex (not to say the combos now take some higher understanding to execute). It's just that in cs2 you had one combo mid screen that gave you 3.3k every time. Now you have at least triple that amount of combos mid screen. So the fact that you have so many options can trip up some people's execution if they try to wing it most of the time. And there are specifics like if you are too far from a crouching enemy 6c< 2d wont link, or if don't do a dashing 6c after sekkajin jc won't connect. It's small things like these that throw people off sometimes. You never really had that problem in CS2

That and nerfing j.B and j.C.

They keep doing this, they need to stop. I'd be happy if BB3 gave me Jin's j.B from CT back (A guy can dream right?).

They keep doing this, they need to stop. I'd be happy if BB3 gave me Jin's j.B from CT back (A guy can dream right?).

if they did that they might as well give carl the clap loop back... although i do wish they would make his jb faster. They never give jin the edge. He can just do everything okay. I hope for the next game they totally revamp him. Make him an entirely different character. I want it to be a dramatic change like it was from CT to CS1

The problem with j.B is that it has a shitload of active frames and has different hit-boxes all-around. So his lower hit-box is not effective until after like 6 active frames, making the lower hit-box have a start-up of around 16 frames. That's why you'll always find yourself getting stuffed by 5As no matter what if you were to jump in with it. j.2C is not a move that you can easily jump-in with either because the horizontal hit-box is pitiful and the vertical hit-box is not even that good after the CSII > CSE nerf.

If anything they should increase the start-up on j.B to 11 frames but have it hit all-around at once and not separate the hit-boxes to different points of the active frames. If that were to happen then j.2C would be useless so they would need to increase the vertical hit-box on that thing to its actual animation at the tip of the blade. All I want for the next BB is that type of j.B. Oh and have it so that the 6C > 2D link is more lenient on the distance. It sucks that most of the time you're too far away for the 6C > 2D link to work.

Edit: Actually, that would make j.B broken lol. I guess the real way to remedy its shittyness would be to keep its start-up of 10F and have the upper hit-box last 1F. The second hit-box would be the horizontal and downward swing starting at frame 12 which would last for 3Fs. Then the third hit-box would be the cross-up swing at frame 15 and would last for 2Fs.

Sounds fair but still, I highly doubt that I'll get my dream j.B lol.

if they did that they might as well give carl the clap loop back... although i do wish they would make his jb faster. They never give jin the edge. He can just do everything okay. I hope for the next game they totally revamp him. Make him an entirely different character. I want it to be a dramatic change like it was from CT to CS1

Clap Loop >>> Jin's j.B. Thats crazy talk my bro LOL!

I would love to have an S-Tier Jin

CT's j.B

CS1's SC Ovehead

CS2's Damage

Extend's corner carry.

I know it won't happen but thats what I would want in the last BB LOL!

Woah, hold the phone: 6A was special cancelable in CS1? Oh man, the shit I could do with that...

special cacnelable on hit only and unsafe on block (i forget how much).

edit: -16

Damn... That's unsafe as hell, but great on hit... Gah they should just make it special cancelable again.