Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuushiro

[CSE-CP] Jin General Thread "Jin it to win it... again"

I'm guessing that he wasn't fast enough with the 5C > 623146C cancel. He probably didn't input the super command fast enough. Other than that, 5C > Ice Wave should work as we've seen it numerous times, specially from such a good starter as 6B.

Just remember that this game implements CT's "time-based combo deterioration". So the longer your combos are, the higher the chance that the last few hits will drop.

I hope you're right that he was just too slow with the input. I've taken the time limit into consideration, the combo wasn't that long and as you said it was coming from a very good starter. I don't want to imagine that 6B doesn't lead into big damage anymore just because it has a shitty time limit. Then again I can't really complain about Jin's damage, can I?

Yeah, I just watched the video again and he was definitely too slow with the Ice Wave command.

No sir you may not complain about Jin damage. Give him 25 Heat or an OD and he'll be doing some massive damage lol.

A small combo like 5C CH/Crouching Confirm > 6C > 2D > CT > j.2C > j.C > 66 5B > 5C > 3C > 214B~C does over 4K XD

I don't want to imagine that 6B doesn't lead into big damage anymore just because it has a shitty time limit. Then again I can't really complain about Jin's damage, can I?

Basically what Moy said.

Also isn't it safe to assume that moves with high p1 values have longer combo potentials? 6B has a p1 of 100. Kinda hard to believe that that combo off 6B DOESN'T work.

Then again I can't really complain about Jin's damage, can I?

You can, but only if you're on the receiving end. :D

Anyway any idea if hizangeki is a good combo extender?

@Moy - no joke, lol. I'm going to waste meter like a madman. CT, Tousshougeki, Hizangeki all day everday.

@Kid - Nah it's not, 5A has also p1 of 100. In fact almost all normals have p1 of 100 now so we can't rely on that.

@Kirk - 6C > 6B > Hizangeki yo~

Is it confirmed as back to time? I thought it was a mixture of both system because there are still some long ass combos. Hazamas jCCCC loops off shit starters wouldn't fly in CT lol

I heard similar things about it being reverted back to a timed-like combo style like in CT. As far as i've heard, you get the most time when you start combos off with D moves, and you get the least time when you start combos off with A moves. Not sure what's been confirmed or not though

i rmb hearing pachi say it has some time factor in the combo system from that one interview vid

Yo, Moy... that combo you just cited works? You can put CT in the middle of your midscreen combo like that?

Hmm, I wonder which route does more damage, that or a sekkajin route. That's really cool though, I didn't think that would combo.

sekka followup shud do more if you do something like 5c>6c>2d>(j.2c>j.c>)5c>2c>sekka>followup>5c>2c>j.c>j.2c>dj.2c>j.214c

You can probably even do both for well over 5K lol

5C CH > 6C > 2D > CT > j.2C > j.C > 66 5C > 22C ~ D > 66 5C > 2C > Air Combo > j.214C

Maybe, but gotta keep in mind proration may not allow that. Plus timed combos. :v:

If we could get away with that though... oh man Jin is borked. XD

Why is it that Jin FINALLY gets an OH and everyone thinks hes S-tier... Im sorry but hes been my sub from CT, and im not seeing him being that strong of a character. His ice blades were nerfed meaning his zoning skills got nerfed. His lost his Air oki enders from what it looks like.. Cause using his Air Fubuki (Not sure of the real name, think its Hazenki or sum shit) is not oki. Quick-rise blows that shit up for free,,,,, he did get a instant OH (WHich isnt really instant, more like netplay tacts 101). On another note im not saying hes bad, cause the only time iv seen Jin bad was (Not sure which game) when his B~ice car didnt cause KD on air hit. But i dont see him being S-tier material at all.. Im honestly thinking its might just be because the Jin players are adapting, confirming, and optimizing with their character than anyone else. Therefor everyone gets bodied and thinks hes S-tier,,, im wondering what is is that u all believe.. I want to insure im not missing anything in making my judgement.

Jin lost a few ice blades i think it was the B version,, he only has the C and A version. An his D~ Air ice blade, lost its tri direction hit... Its one giant Ice blade going in the A~ ice blade direction. All in all his zoning was nerfed, his blades only go it two directions instead of 3, and his D~move also goes in 1 direction instead of 3.

> Jin does a truckload of damage with 25 Heat or an OD. He also does a lot of damage off a CH, crouching confirm, or AA confirm.

> He has tools to deal with any and every situation. Where you would use Ice Blades A and B to bait anti-airs, you'll use Hizansen, even though it's not as good as the former.

> He actually has an OH now in the form of Hizangeki.

> Mid-screen, Hizansen is going to be a pretty crappy air combo finisher, however, no one will be able to roll forward because of the distance between you and your opponent after knockdown. In the corner though, you're left at the perfect distance to use TK Hizangeki and prevent people from rolling out.

> 6A is more than +1 on hit and 2D seems like it's more than +1 as well.

> We got new mix-up opportunities off j.D freezes. You can do something like j.D > dash under 5B for ambiguous mix-up.

> OD Ice Wave does a ridiculous amount of damage.

While it's too early to set tiers, I wouldn't be surprised if Jin ends up pretty high on the tier list. He's looking really strong in this game.

ah, right. But every char lost things, even the worst chars. Also I think the simple, strong, popular characters are favored in these lists. If the majority of players get raped by the large numbers of jin players, he's never going to show up as not S. Even if there are other chars with even or good matches against him..

That said Konan's win rate against Jin is 25%. He seems like a beast.

The only thing we really lost with the ice blades was the ability to lock the opponent down after a blocked j.D, which I imagine you can use Hizansen for, though I'm not sure if that's more minus on block than ice blades used to be. You can, however, use 25 heat and smack them in the face with hizangeki afterwards. Jin finally has overhead shenanigans. I'm loving it. XD

Wouldn't there be patch coming up soon to patch up some infinites and what not too?

I am liking Jin changes so far tho and agree with Moy.

also Errol, what's up with you and Konan, are you in love with him or smthn? lol.

Konan still plays tsubaki right?

americans get slammed by ragna's gh all day, americans gonna get slammed by hizangeki all day

hizansen is a hard knockdown, quick wakeup youll just get tagged with a 5c or w/e into 4k+