Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuushiro

[CSE-CP] Jin General Thread "Jin it to win it... again"

The only time I could see OD Yukikaze work is if you do wake-up OD and then Yukikaze, sort of how Tager does his wake-up OD > 720. Then again, you'd be better off just doing DP D since you can combo off of it anywhere during OD.

Yeah I agree with you entirely. I wish we had the game to check out shit like this, but it's a long way 'till October importing. :(

Huh, good to see that the j.2C > j.C loop works on tall characters other than Tager.

Huh, good to see that the j.2C > j.C loop works on tall characters other than Tager.

iirc when I experimented with this loop in cse, it didn't work on short characters. but it might work on them in cp since fatal is +3 hit stun instead of +2

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I got j.2C > j.C to work for two iterations on all characters with a fatal in CS:EX, but it is very difficult on characters like Platinum and Carl, almost to the point of impracticality.

Also, the ice car > RC combo was swag there. But what in the world was he thinking with that AA 2nd hit 5B to 6A? Hoping it was a slip up....

iirc when I experimented with this loop in cse, it didn't work on short characters. but it might work on them in cp since fatal is +3 hit stun instead of +2

Let's hope that's the case, we need all the damage we can get against most of the cast if possible lol

N-O will fuck him up honestly lol. I think he can take Dogura. Everyone else is up in the air. He's obviously one of the strongest at this point.

Will 5D ever become practical?

Is j.2c j.c loop confirmed on ragna?

Can air getsumei bait anti airs effectively?

Will jins Hizangeki inevitably become predictable due to obvious use?

It's as practical as it gets, well-spaced 5D makes for a decent poking tool if you have the meter to confirm. Specially if you land it as a Fatal since you can go for the j.2C > j.C loop on some of the cast.

I dunno

It has invulnerability on start-up but I wouldn't take such a huge risk (Heat + heavy punishment). It's one of those things that you do to be flashy (or trolling). You might as well try to bait anti-airs with j.236D since you're + on block and doesn't cost as much meter.

I guess if you're being too obvious with 6B > Hizangeki then maybe. Other than that, TK Hizangeki is not something that the opponent will want to guess on since it can come after anything that's jump cancelable, as oki, after a Sekkajin stagger, as a freeze reset or after j.2C > j.C as the opponent thinks it's safe to crouch after the j.C.

It has invulnerability on start-up but I wouldn't take such a huge risk (Heat + heavy punishment). It's one of those things that you do to be flashy (or trolling). You might as well try to bait anti-airs with j.236D since you're + on block and doesn't cost as much meter.

I guess if you're being too obvious with 6B > Hizangeki then maybe. Other than that, TK Hizangeki is not something that the opponent will want to guess on since it can come after anything that's jump cancelable, as oki, after a Sekkajin stagger, as a freeze reset or after j.2C > j.C as the opponent thinks it's safe to crouch after the j.C.

In other words, dont be afraid to hipfire Hizangeki.

I read you.

Naa but i was just saying that so many people will be looking out for it since a (lol decent) overhead for jin is like... its like Ice Car being low on first hit and high on second hit or some nonsense like that.

People arent going to stay free to Hizangeki forever, so i was thinking up some fake outs with the Air Getsumei to try calling people out, maybe switch it up with Air Ice Blade for the lolz.

It doesn't really matter if they look out for it since it can come after a lot of things and it has a 22F start-up, which is pretty fast. You just gotta mix it up with 2B if they try to guess and yomi their mashing attempts with frame traps/meaties. It's pretty much the same as any other overhead, it can get mashed and guessed on but it's your job to mix-up/frame trap/meaty people to deter them from doing that.

@Putin - Yeah, I'm definitely going to miss those as well as the old j.236D since it covered a lot of space. Let's just hope that Hizansen is good enough as a meterless option to bait anti-airs.

Something that's important to note: wouldn't hizangeki technically be a 26 frame startup if you're TKing or otherwise required to be in the air, because of the 4 frame jump startup before you can do a move in the air? Or does a TK rid you of the jump startup frames for doing an aerial move?

Also it appears that 6A is now +3 on hit (assuming they were crouching and not just standing without blocking)... nice.

The jump start-up frames are still there but they're not something that you can really react to. If anything, it just gives people more time to mash out. You're right though, it does technically mean that Hizangeki is a 26F OH unless you do it after 6B or after an aerial attack.

The jump start-up frames are still there but they're not something that you can really react to. If anything, it just gives people more time to mash out. You're right though, it does technically mean that Hizangeki is a 26F OH unless you do it after 6B or after an aerial attack.

I don't know about you, but I generally start blocking high as soon as I see someone take to the air, so I'd still consider it part of the overall startup you can react to. But yeah, my point is that TK Hizangeki is really 26 frames total unless you are doing it after 6B or some other aerial move, such as ice car > RC > Hizangeki

I don't know about you, but I generally start blocking high as soon as I see someone take to the air, so I'd still consider it part of the overall startup you can react to. But yeah, my point is that TK Hizangeki is really 26 frames total unless you are doing it after 6B or some other aerial move, such as ice car > RC > Hizangeki

Everyone, start burning 75 meter for style points, lol. Then again, with how much damage that can net you, I'd consider doing it, especially near the corner.

EDIT: I'm assuming you mean the ice car followup for that, cause I've seen two combos where ice car (1st hit) > RC yields a ground move. Probably won't know for sure until release I suppose.

Damn, why we gotta talk about hizangeki? Get me all sad sharking Jin general every day :(

Also I'm guessing you might have to wait until he hops up after an ice car if it gets ground moves. Since ice car is technically a car with an ejector seat now i guess lol.

Damn, why we gotta talk about hizangeki?

Also I'm guessing you might have to wait until he hops up after an ice car if it gets ground moves. Since ice car is technically a car with an ejector seat now i guess lol.

Hizangeki is what all the cool kids are going to be doing, Moy is hiding out right now because hes going to be one of the guys burning an entire meter to make sure his lands.

Ice Car is for trolling now i guess, but 6A needs to be used for good feints, also if they expect you to use Hizangeki or some other airmove, you can use illegitimate crossups or fake feints into a lol 2B, and continue the button mashing sequence. If all else fails, jins grab is looking pretty good, and it lands more then it should as far as i can tell, so dont be afraid to toss a few grabs in there to keep people honest.

Anyone looking out for hizangeki, just grab em or watch their reactions, force them to fear you from all directions.

Wait, can you do J.B J.2c J.C and then Hizangeki? I need to know. Well it may not be unnecessary since even when you touch the ground you can auto confirm 2B correct?

That would put them in a "Hizangeki or 2B" situation. Or you might be able to do a few pokes blah blah Sekkajin grab blah blah nonsense.

What I'm looking forward to is Sekka ender on both airborne and grounded opponents in the corner, since it looks really promising;

possible safejump j.2C on the first occassion, hard knockdown on the second, without sacrificing any damage since it seems to work just fine even when its SMP kicks in, still maintaining its use as a combo filler early on. Of course Hizansen ender nets more damage, but it doesn't seem to offer many options even in the corner.

starter > Musou > 5C > 6C > Sekka > (5B) > 5C > 2C > hj.D > (iad j.2C > j.C) > 66 5B > (5C) > (3C) > Sekka

This probably works with decent starters, and won't be lacking too much in the damage department compared to the usual Hizansen path.

Musou > 5C > 2C > 6C > Rehhyou > 5B could work as well with a good starter like 6B or 6C, and there's always CT for some extra boost.

Edit: it just occured to me how damaging throw RC combos would be. I mean, Hakumen gets easy 8K by cancelling his fricking air throw after the first hit with OD; since the first hit doesn't do any damage and has 100 P1 and P2, the damage output after that is enormous. The same applies to Jin's forward throw as well.

Maybe we still got 4K+ throw RC combos in the corner?