Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuushiro

[CSE-CP] Jin General Thread "Jin it to win it... again"

Like I told Shin earlier, I will NEVER truly drop jin. I actually love lower tier characters because it's so much more satisfying when you win. However, tiers is not the problem this game. It's the fact that he looks extremely dull, and compared to everyone else he is late to the party. "Oh look, he can now get a 3k meterless combo off a throw in the corner." Okay... nearly every character was doing this in CS2, and most of them still are doing it in extend. Someone earlier said why not make his overhead gatling. I have been praying for that ever since CS1 lol I wouldn't even care if it did less damage. I just want him to be a fun character. CS1 jin was so sick... I'll never understand why they changed him. Idk... I just don't like what they've done... it makes me sad. Despite this jin is still my nigga lol no amount of 6b combos and insane meter gain (tager) could change that. I'm just going to give him a well deserved break for extend.

EDIT: @Mac, that could very well be possible though. Tager gets an insane amount of heat from his combos. That means more 720s and gadget finger mix ups if necessary. I saw in one video a tager did a 7.3k combo with 150 meter and a spark bolt... and since his combos are so long he could really just use magna tech wheel every combo to get a consistent 4k; he uses gadget finger afterwards and if he catches you again that's another 4k combo he plays his cards right. I'm not saying he's godlike lol but he isn't shit anymore. I'm not really mad that he has this either because he is so slow so he might as well have something good.

Oh you Jin guys.

So moody.

So easily misled.

No wonder Ragna keeps getting away.

More people still play him than Tsubaki though.

/Burn

I really hope ragna isn't S tier though... I've actually been putting in a lot of work to learn him, but I have a no god tier policy so if this tier list is law then I'm not using him.

More people still play him than Tsubaki though.

/Burn

Hum?

What does that mean...?

Ohhhhhhhhh, I get it now.

Because Popularity = Quality!

Now I know~

Thanks, Jourdal!

1266985110833.gif

<3

Lol you and your bear images. And yes popularity = quality..you see all those ragnas man D: ?

@xlolxlolx If i somehow get the money for it i will jump on it...let my inner mechaphile out and play all the popular units and pray Strike Freedom is as broken as he is in the series.

> tager

> B tier

give it a week

Yeah people just have to figure him out this time and hopefully he'll end up back in his cozy home at the bottom. If he stays solid there's always the option of being lame as fuck. :kitty:

Also too many damn Ragnas in the japanese vids now. It's making me wanna hurl :v:

I came here to mess with you all.

As you know there were multiple tier lists posted in the jbbs.

And a few of them had something like this:

S: RG, VA

A: TA, BA, CA, HK, HA

B: Mu12, A11, RE, PT, TG, RA

C: JI, LI, NO

D: MA, TS

I used initials.

This is not a finalized tier list, just one of many.

I don't know, 2 lists I saw had Tager at A tier.

Another list had Tao at S tier.

Another had no S tiers.

One of them had Carl at S.

It's all nutty.

One thing for sure is that Tager is B tier at the minimum.

He is really good in this game.

bottom line with tager is once he gets in he is scary and thats how it shouldve always been. but it is gonna be hard for him to be top tier because he is a grappler and grapplers get zoned really bad

but what was it about cs1 jin that everyone loved so much because in my opinion the only thing they did right about cs1 jin was make his combos depend on meter i dont like how they did it(with the d dp combos) but it was the right idea. the same thing with the ex fireball mixup

yeah from what i recall in cs1 he didnt really have any variety it was all the same combos over and over. nip them with a move -> freeze em -> ice car into corner etc

axis, i dont remember any real 8k combos outside of the normal corner rape for like 7 stars. and if youre gonna spend that much in the corner and DONT get something like 8k then its just sad.

hes pretty much just like his cs2 incarnation except they smoothed out his average damage, he can do longer combos off most of his starters.

You never seen the 8k bnb's in CSX mAc? It is incredible and hype.

They are actually easy, you need 8 stars though.

Stun edge wasn't lying, honestly Hakumen is looking dumb in this game too.

CS1 Jin was fun because he wasn't brain dead and he had new stuff.

CS2 Jin is like CT Jin but without the brain dead and a new combo.

CSX Jin is like...the retarded step child of CS1.

dont think i saw it, or at least i dont remember seeing anything outside the usual corner juggling.

getting and holding 8 starts is the hard part, if youre playing a real match youre going to be using them on normal combos most of the time unless you decide to hold back or are fighting lambda or something. although i pretty much end every match with like 8 stars... but thats because i always do the cheapest combos.

but what was it about cs1 jin that everyone loved so much because in my opinion the only thing they did right about cs1 jin was make his combos depend on meter i dont like how they did it(with the d dp combos) but it was the right idea. the same thing with the ex fireball mixup

The fact that his overhead could gatling and be used w/o wasting meter? That's what did it for me.

@solex, it's simply because he was able to hold his own despite being a low tier. His overhead could be special cancelled which meant you could save your heat for other things, and because of this so many styles were developed (mainly gimmicky). His fatal was actually good. CS2 fatal is pointless, you're better off using 6c. His combos were awesome: D dp loops and the use of 6d was amazing. His mid screen combos were a little dry but they weren't completely dull; there was enough variety to keep you interested. He was just a fun character. The only thing that makes him somewhat fun in CS2 is his damage consistency. You're literally getting 2-3k mid screen every time, and that's cool; I like that. I'm not hating on CS2 jin, but I don't think any jin was as fun as CS1 jin besides CT.

yeah from what i recall in cs1 he didnt really have any variety it was all the same combos over and over. nip them with a move -> freeze em -> ice car into corner etc

There were 3 different styles to CS1 jin from what i can remember.

Liberal with the meter.

Store that fucking meter then in the corner and go for a huge combo.

Tetsu.

@Hoshi, tbh CT jin isnt fun, 5C>5B is fun. And well getting free combos you don't deserve too i guess.

D DP leading to 5K and D ice car leading to 4K was pretty funny. I play CT regularly btw :(