Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuushiro

[CSE-CP] Jin General Thread "Jin it to win it... again"

@Moy,LOL yeah....it burns pretty hard...i remember doing hiyoku too late in one match and the opponent teched and you know how much recovery that has.

@haven mirrors with SRZ are always a learning experience..always checking what i can steal from him lol

I main Jin if that means anything.

nigga, you ditched mid tier jin in cs1 for skillzama, you are not jin main master race :mad:

jin still has a lot of good midscreen combos though, just loses some corner carry and a little damage

nigga, you ditched mid tier jin in cs1 for skillzama, you are not jin main master race :mad:

jin still has a lot of good midscreen combos though, just loses some corner carry and a little damage

Hey, I dropped Hazama in October last year to reclaim mid tier Jin when I got really bored of doing one combo the entire match lol. And don't you use Tager and Platinum now? Lmao.

That only made me go back to play CT Jin. :kitty:

Well, maybe this will do you one beter, Remember this?

Forgive the lack in introduction but this is WAY before I even though about that set up.

EDIT: Where are the other Jin players? I know for sure this isn't it but at least people are hitting up the thread, it's better than nothing.

Hey, I dropped Hazama in October last year to reclaim mid tier Jin when I got really bored of doing one combo the entire match lol. And don't you use Tager and Platinum now? Lmao.

oh yeah, i main tager. fuck plat tho

oh yeah, i main tager. fuck plat tho

lol poor Plat. :[

The Rachel vs. Jin matchup weirds me out, I wish Owner and Alex weren't the only active XBL players that could use her. I need practice in that matchup..

i play jin, just don't like posting in general discussion threads

That's the same for me. And I haven't been on dustloop or bb a lot lately.

i play jin, just don't like posting in general discussion threads

Well, I can't blame you there.

I'm gonna hop in training mode to get my skills up since I feel like I'm lacking again. What works best for you guys once you've gotten the game down? Training Mode or Sparring?

How hard is Jin to learn for someone who has never played a fighting game before? And if he is beginner friendly where should I start?

Jin I would say is somewhat, beginner friendly.

But you have to understand the game's system before making a final decision on a character because BlazBlue isn't one of those, pick-up-and-go fighters. It's not as in depth as GG but it has it's own learning curve as a whole. Play with the Jin in training mode, do his basic bnb's and some of his challenges to see how well you can pick up the character. Once you feel comfortable enough, play against someone and see how well you do.

Learning Jin overnight is not going to happen, that will take time just like every other character in this game because everyone here has advantages and disadvantages you can expose or be exposed to.

Tough it out in Training Mode and Challenge mode to get the basics and timing down and getting some match-up experience in after that. You will know if you want to play Jin after that.

That's my advice but I'm sure someone could explain it better.

Challenge 5 is more on timing than anything else. The inputs are pretty easy but your timing for both trials have to be a bit delayed.

Trial 1: Time Delay shooting Arrows, don't do it directly after you land 6c otherwise you will always miss (because of how high the character is). Try to find the timing for it and keep a it.

Trial 2: Time delay comes when going for 5c, if you hit the opponent too high, you will go for the first J.c and swing the opposite direction, if you do it too late, they will recover.

Look at the demonstration to get an example of how that works, it will help you out in the long run.

(Kinda wish 3SO had demonstrations to assist with the trials on their game...)

So I guess this is the place to ask combo related stuff? I hope so.

I've started practicing possible CSX bnbs that don't incorporate 6C apart from 6C>2D, so I ended up finally using stuff>j5D>air dash.

What's the optimal followup? Also, just how strict is the timing for air dash>j2C>j5C? I've tried it a few times but I don't seem to nail j5C consistently unless it's against Tager.

The full combo I've tried is 5B(2)>5C>Sekkajin>66>5C>2C>SJC>j5C>j5D>air dash>[...].

It's timing is really strict, but this might be hitbox related. I'd imagine you wouldn't be able to hit people with smaller or shorter hitboxes since the j.C might go straight over them before you land.

Who did you test this all on, aside from Tager?

Just Tager and Hazama if I recall correctly. And yeap, that's the problem, j5C going over them.

So, since I guess it's not that easy to land it, are there any alternatives?

It isn't really too strict. Try delaying the jC after the j2c abit. I guess an alternative to that is jB>j2C instead j2c>jC or them sekkajin combos.

If you're going for the jD airdash combo, I'd suggest omitting 2C after sekkajin because it makes the combo a little bit more unstable from them being higher in the air. Instead, try something like:

Starter > sekkajin > 66 > 5C > sj.2C > jD > air dash > j2C > jC > land > 5B > ender

This is a lot easier to visually judge as you should be hitting them with the air dash j2C roughly near the same time as they land after jD freeze. You do the first sj.2C instead to guarantee the hit since j.C has a smaller vertical hitbox. As for the j.C after the air dash, you can delay it a lot longer than you think. In fact, the more you delay it, the easier it is to land 5B afterward.

I added 2C there only because it makes SJC>something easier to pull off. I don't have trouble doing j2C immediately, but it often wiffs for some reason. I guess I'll keep on practicing it every now and then until CSX comes out.

Also,

Starter > sekkajin > 66 > 5C > sj.2C > jD > air dash > j2C > jC > land > 5B > ender

I thought you had to dash 5B after j5C? Doesn't it work like the j5B / j2C starter combos?

And how can you explain to someone that spamming random Sekkajins "to push the opponent back and to pressure" is dumb? :v:

I thought you had to dash 5B after j5C? Doesn't it work like the j5B / j2C starter combos?

You do. I just assumed this was implied so I didn't bother typing it out.

Can Tao boards get some input from Jin mains about the matchup? I want to say its even but more info would be nice. Thank you~

i wish i could help but i just don't know much about that cat except that her defensive options stink...i often play a somewhat defensive footsies game cause jin can fight tao's approach when he is on the ground, until i find a good opportunity to start my offense....like a corner

id say its slightly in jins favor either 5.5 or 6 because i know little to nothing about tao and can still win lol

mystic d would always whoop me in cs1 before he moved, i imagine he has some useful input for tao since jin is still really similar to his cs1 self just stronger