Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuushiro

[CSE-CP] Jin General Thread "Jin it to win it... again"

By the way, would it be any difference now that it's CH or not? I mean it shoots enemy to oblivion with lots of untech time either way.

We'll have to find out when we get our hands on the game, I doubt that the untech time is that good that you can just DC that 6C and get another one in the corner.

In the last round against Platinum I wanted to see him try an EX move > 632146C or something involving meter to end his last combo...instead of ice car C. I've wanted to see if Jin has some meter-burning mid-screen damage options that could net him a win in those situations, but I remain somewhat unsatisfied on that front.

KC needs to work on his execution and combo choices a bit. He does some relatively hype stuff from time to time but he made me facepalm more often than not.

A can't watch a couple matches and determine something like that. At one point or another,someone has to say "X player" needs to work on "X"

which generally makes me lol

and the next time we see X player they look godlike. Every player has some off days. Good players don't play at their best all the time its winning at your worst that really matters.

Anyway, this thread was inactive, and there's been a lack of decent jin action for almost a week and this is the best we've got atm.

Since most of us are jin mains here why not we try to have a jin meet up every week or so. You know, we just join a room together and play each other. The first step to knowing your opponent's character is to know your own character, and what better way to do so than mirrors. I tried doing something like this in CS1 but no one really attended it :/ oh well... it's just a thought.

Idk, It probably won't work for me since i live at the other side of the world and it would lag like hell D:

Sounds like a cool idea for US jins though

I hear that, Hoshi. We should do something like that. The only other Jin I get to play nowadays is Shinsyn.

hoshi i would certainly do that even if only one other person did it with me.

ive seen other character threads have "directory's" where every one(who wants to) fills out a form which explains where they live what system they play and other stuff but that would require someone to take care of that thread and keep updating it....if someone did do that i would definitely support them though :)

EDIT:this is a good example http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11945-Wolf-Butlers-for-Hire-Valkenhayn-PSN-and-XBL-Directory

Since most of us are jin mains here why not we try to have a jin meet up every week or so. You know, we just join a room together and play each other. The first step to knowing your opponent's character is to know your own character, and what better way to do so than mirrors. I tried doing something like this in CS1 but no one really attended it :/ oh well... it's just a thought.

Sounds like a good idea, it will benefit the Jin community by playing other Jin players and seeing things they wouldn't have seen before or inspire them to add something else into their style, making them a stronger player overall.

I hear that, Hoshi. We should do something like that. The only other Jin I get to play nowadays is Shinsyn.

You say it as if that's a problem... I am sad Moi...

*sarcasm*

hoshi i would certainly do that even if only one other person did it with me.

ive seen other character threads have "directory's" where every one(who wants to) fills out a form which explains where they live what system they play and other stuff but that would require someone to take care of that thread and keep updating it....if someone did do that i would definitely support them though :)

EDIT:this is a good example http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11945-Wolf-Butlers-for-Hire-Valkenhayn-PSN-and-XBL-Directory

Why haven't we done this yet? I would make the thread but I have a lot of things to do today, (Portfolio show/Seeing the girl off to Fresno/Making Team Bo-Flex Shirts/Packing to go back to Michigan for Winter Vacation/etc.) so I can't do it ATM. But if somebody else would jump on it, that would be great.

Broshi, you know I'm down to play anytime. Whenever you get one of those rooms up, just shoot me an invite.

Same here, and when I get back, we need to get together for some offline casuals. Netplay with randoms is killing me ATM.

argh... the jin community is beckoning me to start this thread D: i can feel it lol I'll try to get this thing started for you guys. I'm not really good at coordinating things like this but I'll it a shot! I'll look at the example solex provided to get an idea.

when I get back, we need to get together for some offline casuals. Netplay with randoms is killing me ATM.

I crave the offline just as much as you do bro, just lemme know when you're back in the Chi again.

@yuushiro, Well the thread seems pretty old since all of the post are from 2009... and the format which it's using isn't one I was really going for. I was thinking of a more formal angle. I would have the list of the people who signed up on the first page so you could actually see who's where and I would have specified dates for meet ups. If you see it unnecessary though I don't mind. I don't want to clutter the site with repetitious threads lol so sorry guys.

Edit: lol I didn't see all of the posts. It does go up to 2011 but the format is informal and I just wanted to go for a better angle.

Well, that thread is kinda... unorganized and dead. If you're willing to use your mod powers and nuke that thread, I'll happily make another one that is much more organized, and I'll keep the first post updated with information as the thread continues to update.

Just let me know if you can and if its done, then I can start it up.

Thread is created. Post up now so I can update the thread. I'm transiting from Chicago to Detroit, so I won't be able to update it until that morning guys.