Sign in to follow this  
tianyuan2k4

Shin FAQ project

X – Secrets, Glitches, and Unknown

X1 – 4th dimension jump

When Shin's opponent is in the corner, get close to them, do a backwards Nanto Hakuen Tenshou (214D) and then boost repeatedly towards the wall. Shin will appear on the other side of the screen!

214D -> 6EEEEE

X2 – Shin Invincibility Bug

(Fixed in PS2 port)

Translated by Nohoho:

~2D > 236D -> jC -> 2C -> AC -> jump-modified Senjuzan (2369E~C) > weak kick Gokutoken

AKA: Muteking [Muteki (invincible) + King]

Tomono discovered this bug that makes Shin invincible to strikes.

After you do a Grave Shoot -> jump-modified Senjuzan, you'll be in mid-air but the game still thinks you're on the ground. Perform a weak kick Gokutoken and then land the instant it starts such that you only hear the sound of the attack, and Shin will be completely invincible to strikes for the rest of the round.

Sometimes you can perform the weak kick Gokutoken motion and only hear the sound of the attack and yet still not become invincible. (possibly because the Gokutoken isn't invincible the instant it starts up)

Vs. Toki you'll often wind up behind him after the 236C, it’s also hard to judge vs. Raoh. Hit confirm and lots of practice are key.

Shin's opponent can disrupt this condition as follows:

1) by throwing Shin (BD grab and hit-throws* don't work, however)

2) by using Ken or Toki's counter attacks

[* blockable attacks with throw-style animations, like, Juda 236A]

Heavy strikes, guard cancels, Raoh’s 214214A and Mamiya's

6C won't work.

Shin can disrupt this condition like so:

1) by doing something that would make him invincible

(623B, Tenshou leap, supers, back dash)

2) by grabbing his opponent (throw, BD grab, command grab)

Besides the above combo, it's possible to perform this trick after a

Banishing hit or a command grab.

Here are two example vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsGpKTI5KSQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsHAf_zByZs

X3 – Chikuseki bug

Aka cumulative bug. When succeed, Shin will get a large amount of boost/aura gauge for each move blocked after.

Typical Chikuseki bug combo:

~>2D>236D>JC>2C>A+C>JA xn>623B

Depends on opponent, JA should be around 4 hits, and as many as 6, 7 hits. After that, gauges charges up tremendously for every move gets blocked and opponent’s guard gauge depletes very fast as well.

Getting the reflex for punishing weak earth crush with 623B is actually hard unless you get to play Mr. Heart players often. Boy, how many weak earth crushs I ate last Otakon, lol! I felt too good for blocking it on time I totally forgot to punish it:P

something random I noticed: Shin's c.C can cancel into his FKO though none of his other normals seem to be able to. doesn't matter much but yea...just means you don't have to delay after c.C hits like you would after 2C to go into FKO in a combo or something

I think you can cancel Shin's close stand D's first hit into his FKO as well.

yeah sometimes I miss punishing mr heart's weak earth crush as well, if you punish it enough they won't want to use it much though and I find that shin can comfortably fight against mr heart from about the range where weak earth crush hits also new shin players should know not to use 236C236C too much because it's not as safe as it seems. they can do a C+D+E to punish you for it on block! is this the only Shin thread now?

Yes! This is the only Shin thread now. Well, I used 236236C waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much, heh. Usually you should just use a few times to scare ppl not to jump in too aggressively, then it becomes a bad habit, lol!

i meant Nanto Senjuzan: 236+C -> 236+C not the super move 236236C Some findings: 1) at the tournament me and mr mamation played in over the weekend I noticed a Shin player hit another player out of their dead angle attack with a 623B tested vs Shin and Rei's dead angles 2B(blocked, enemy does DAA)623B: DAA wins 2B2B(blocked, enemy does DAA)623B: 623B wins, double whiff if DAA was performed late 2B2B2D(blocked, enemy does DAA)623B: 623B wins cool eh? I guess you could use this to punish predictable dead angles without needing to actually block them. edit: kenshiro's 623B does not work in similar situations...wierd 2) this combo seems to work on rei but no one else 2B2B2D 236D jC (land) 2C A+C jCjD air 623K, should be 12 hits. works no matter where you are on the screen which is why it's probably good if either of those things were known already then oh well but I wanted to point them out just in case

i meant Nanto Senjuzan: 236+C -> 236+C not the super move 236236C

:sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: Okay, you can boost cancel 236C to make things complicated.

2B(blocked, enemy does DAA)623B: DAA wins

Didn't know that, isn't 623B suppose to win? Well, did you try to delay 623B a bit? I think you did 623B too early. Otherwise I am going to put this into my notebook for the Shin faq 3.0:yaaay:

edit: kenshiro's 623B does not work in similar situations...wierd

Kenshiro's 623B has only 2 frames of invincibility. Shin's has 8 iirc.

2) this combo seems to work on rei but no one else

2B2B2D 236D jC (land) 2C A+C jCjD air 623K, should be 12 hits. works no matter where you are on the screen which is why it's probably good

I am going to try it later:)

I tried the combo again today and I couldn't even get it once. wierd. maybe it doesn't work after all

the jC is the part that is missing...the 2C into A+C always works I got it several times yesterday though, I don't understand why i couldn't get it to work today

I dunno lol I'll have to try again later. mess around with it when you get the chance

Posted Image

New Shin combo video from Taiwan Endless Fight group:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGxwtyJ9N2o

Here is the command list:

2A>2B>2D>236D>JC>623B

2A>2B>2D>236D>JC>214C

2A>2B>2D>236D>JC>2C>CD

2B>2D>236D>JC>>2C>CD>B>2C>236236C

2A>2C>AC>JA>JC>JD>623B

6A>2C>c5D>214C>E>2C>近D>236236C

63214A>236236C

63214A>AC>JC>JD>623B

63214A>2C>214C>E>AC>JC>JD>623B

66E>63214A>JA>JC>2A>2C>AC>JAX3>623B

63214A>f5C>214C>E>c5D>214214C

2A>2B>2D>236D>JC>2C>AC>JAX5>623B

2A>c5C>CD>6>C>236C>A>236C>214C

2A>c5C>CD>6>C>D>214C>E>D>236D>JA>JC>JA>JC>f5C>236C, 236C

lower

623B>66C>(JA>JC)X2>236C>A>236C>214C

upper

623B>66C>(JA>JC)X5>JA>66JC>CDE>E>B>D>236236C

2A>2B>2D>236D>JC>2C>214C>CDE>ACE>JA>623B

JAX2>2A>2D>236D>JC>2C>AC>2362367E>C

JB cross up>2A>C>CD>6>AB>E>C>AC>2369E>C>A>236C, 236C

2A>2B>2D>214C>236CD

2BX2>2146CE>CDE>6>MAXCD>近B>D>236CD

2BX2>CDE>6>AB>E>C>214C>236E>CD

2B>C>CD>6>AB>E>214C>A>236C>A>236C>236CD

214A>CDE>2A>2C>214C>B>2C>236CD

AX30>66>2AX4>2A>E>2AX7>2A>E>2AX9>2A>E>2AX7>2A>E>2AX9>2A>E>2AX7>2A>E>2AXN>D>623B

>Basketball

214A>AC>2149E>C>B>2C>CD>2A>2C>236CD

2A>2B>2D>236D>JC>2C>AC>2369E>C>236CD

63214A>2C>CD>E>AC>2369E>C>236CD

236A>2CE>236C>E>CDE>D>236CD

412363214+A

Awesome video, that air FKO is cool, I gotta try doing that some time. :3 Alright, Tianyuan, I have problems with Shin vs Kenshiro... Mainly Kenshiro's DP. His 623C on wake up usually gets me, I've tried baiting it and other stuff to make him stop, but he just won't stop. What's a good way to make Kenshiro stop trying to DP wake up? In other words, teach him a lesson so that he stops dragon punching on wake up. I usually try to stay a bit away and just let him wiff it, but that also kills my oki options. Is there any good way to have a good oki AND ontop of that be safe vs the dragon punch? That thing hurts specially when it's powered up. D: Any recommendations?

I see, so command grab? But, I've tried but still get stuff, when exactly do I do it? Out of what frames? Also, the distance, around how much distance? I could try 2B, I see.. so as long as I am not right next to them? Say.. maybe around full lenght of 2B? or mid lenght? EDIT: Also, if I do 2B, will Kenshiro end up in the air as I counter hit him, or will he end up grounded? (Just to know, so I know what combo to follow up with, I don't have the game at home so I can't really test this stuff out. :s )

Command grab you have do it as late as possible. Basically I buffer 63214 then wait for Kenshiro start to do the upper (his hand turns blue), then press A I will grab him out of his uppercut. Works on Rei too but timing is earlier. 2B from mid length is good enough. It should hit Kenshiro on the ground before he goes up. Very nasty:3

Awesome, then I'll be trying that out, as for the command grab, should I be right next to them? If I remember right, shin's command grab has a pretty decent range and invicibility at start up, so I should be fine even if I am right next to him as he gets up.

on the topic of rei combos it's not as good as what i thought you got orignally but you can definently get 2B2B2D 236D jC 2C 214C no matter where you are on the screen...you can substitute the 214C with C+D if you want oh yeah I have something you might like...your combo from Shin's slide kick (214C) could be better imo 214C > E > cD(2 hits) > A+C > jAjCjD 623B 1-2 star combo (2 stars is if the slide hit on counterhit) . hope you like it...stronger damage wise than any of the combos you posted and it seems to work reliably on most characters. on Juda the cD only hits once for some reason but the combo still works otherwise (for him you could do c.C instead for more dmg)

Thanks Tiamat! I will edit the combo. Furix, Shin's command grab doesn't have invincibility but it comes out really fast with 4 frame execution (Toki's jab takes 5F to come out). Thus it beats many moves with ease. Usually you go for command grab when Shin is too close to Ken that 2B couldn't meet that 623B. After all 2B is much easier and safer vs Kenshiro's 623A/C than command grab.

Last time I played I started doing boost f.C at round start for predicted jumps at round start and it seemed to work pretty well. Usually you can get A+C afterward. Obviously if they do some low moves they'll hit you out of this but like I said this is only for if you predict them to jump away. something that I don't think was mentioned in your shin vs rei post Tian is that you can use 236236C (generally after blocking his 2D) after his lows in his lockdown to hit him out of his jump attack. This is risky because if you guess wrong he can own you really hard for it on block but if you are stuck in lockdown and he's not varying his attack pattern enough give this a shot...after the super hits you'll get a knockdown and possibly turn the tide through shin's strong okizeme. I'm sure you know about that though. i am watching your matches with jeremy finally...i think i may copy some of your things lol. ive watched teh first 14. your command grab setups are stupid tian (meaning good, lol)

I think the last 8 matches are my golden matches:) Jeremy really had a difficult time to deal with Shin's stupid stuff (I think he felt asleep:P). Boost f.A is teh tech! Lol! Oh, 236236C after blocking Rei's 2D/lows really works? I didn't know about it. Most of time I try to do that I get hit by IAD kicks instead. I believe I couldn't input the command fast enough:( I will practice that in Evo East (No time to play next week with 4 finals, sniff sniff).

oh you didn't know? it does work but you have to buffer the command ahead of time. timing is pretty strict so I have to be planning it ahead of time. look for a pattern and do it after blocking his 2D and you'll snag any IAD move he does. I'll watch the rest sooner or later.

I wanted to mention that you don't have much for you Shin mirror match section which is understandable TY, however I think it would be good to mention some block punishes Shin can perform on himself. If someone would double check these it would be appreciated. move blocked > free attack 623B > jAjC623B either super > C+D 214B > 2D 236C 236C (not the super) > C+D+E agility defense only punishes 214C > boost c.5A 6A > c.5A

Sign in to follow this