Sign in to follow this  
tianyuan2k4

Shin FAQ project

Hey I found this last time I played mr mamation's rei and it seems pretty nice to know! if he uses that shield move in the air (air 214C) you can hit him out with 236C cause it's so many hits! also against mr heart i probably mentioned this before but far C cannot be crouched under by mr heart, so as long as he doesn't use his reversal he will probably have difficulty dealing with this move

Has anyone figured out how to do the silly aerial FKO cancel with Shin demonstrated in the Taiwanese EFCMV? All I can tell is it's low launcher -> AC -> 2369E~C -> 236CD, but I've never been able to figure out how they cancel the Senjuzan into FKO. All I can see is they cancel after the second hit of the Senjuzan, but they don't boost out of the Senjuzan. Amusingly though, after the JI'd Senjuzan, I would get a normal jD...and then Shin would automatically jump cancel and fly way high up. Shin ejection seat, launch! :v:

You can actually cancel 236C by the FKO, but it's quite hard to do, i never found out the exact timing for it (well, didn't really work on it too). One thing i can tell you is that you can cancel it on any hit of the 236C, though when doing it in the air you must cancel it early or the FKO will miss.

It looks like I never posted this but I've known about it for a while. I don't think it's in Tian's guide. against wall 2B2D214C > FKO works against all characters except Thouther. mix this up with command grab against the wall for a FKO mixup that costs you no meter. the FKO should look like an otg hit

that would be great =] I've been practicing lately, forgot how much this game rocks. 2B2B 623B combo is gold on mr heart cause it works even if it hits him while he's crouching =D

hmmm sadly no...but I didn't try it on Souther so I don't know for sure about him. It doesn't work on Raoh. far C (1 of the hits anyway) isn't able to be crouched by raoh but that's not the same thing. 623B only hits mr heart crouching. It's cool cause from starting position or so against mr heart you can do 2B2B 623B falling jB dash 5A 236C 5A 236C 214C Does a little over 1/3 health and takes away one star for zero boost cost. that combo works on pretty much everyone but only if they are standing...except mr heart =] vs Raoh I noticed that you can sometimes beat his cancels into 41236D with 623B (probably can with a super move as well). I didn't test it but it happened a few times in some recent casual sessions and might be worth a try, seems like a risky move though.

vs Raoh I noticed that you can sometimes beat his cancels into 41236D with 623B (probably can with a super move as well). I didn't test it but it happened a few times in some recent casual sessions and might be worth a try, seems like a risky move though.

Probably has to do with timing and distance. I wonder if you need to do 623B earlier than Raoh's 41236D to beat it. Depends on which move Raoh is cancelling, like 6B, 623A, 2D, 623C they give different block stun so 623B probably only work vs some of them.

Nice finding though. I am going to try this when I have someone to fight... Someday...

hey Tian me and Mr mamation recorded a some matches take a look

Tiamat (Shin) vs Mr Mamation (Rei)

1: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2259169065388244068

2: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-307919727297345420

3: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7399888593470127904

we haven't played in a long time so we drop a lot of combos but otherwise not too bad I think

I think that okizeme 2A (blocked) (slight delay) command grab/c.C is a very good mixup to use. You are vulnerable to DP type attacks but otherwise gives tremendous reward and cannot be reacted to. Also I like to sometimes use 236236C super as a block punisher because it will hit on counterhit and take 2 stars. You can punish many unsafe things with it because it is very very fast.

Please give me some comments. XD

been looking at the faq and trying some of the combos Tian...got a question if you think this combo is better

C2b – CG Combo (With Boost)

63214A>C+D>A+C+E>JA>JB>623B

63214A>C+D>E>2A>2C>214C/236236C

^ Center, doesn’t work on Raoh, Jagi and Mamiya

That's what you posted...why no combos with E > c5D (2 hits) 214C E A+C jBD 623B? You've got that combo but it always ends in the super. You'll usually cross them up after the 214C (unless they are near corner) but you can still just press E A+C and go into jBD for 1 boost, 3 star combo that does more than the first combo you posted and also works on raoh, jagi, and mamiya. I think this combo is better if you don't have aura gauge (admittedly normally you have aura to spare though).

Lol, I haven't check this place for while, let me take a look your video.

Nowadays I only check youtube group regularly. Because Mr.Mamation and Pharaon and others are going to Japan this Nov for DF2 HNK 2on2 tournament, I gotta check that place often even I am busy:)

About command grab, look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6I4YpX_FUA

Okay, back to your combo suggestion. I think it is great. Does it work on every character? I will include it in the next version... before DF2...

I think that okizeme 2A (blocked) (slight delay) command grab/c.C is a very good mixup to use. You are vulnerable to DP type attacks but otherwise gives tremendous reward and cannot be reacted to.

Corner Okizeme 2A is not that effective vs Rei because of his wakeup dragon punch, 236236A, etc. I think 2B is better since it only loses to 236236A but beats everything else. Of course, I really enjoy okizeme with 214214C vs Rei. Rei has to block or get hit... Then you can just walk forward and grab sometimes:D

Center okizeme you can always IAD B cross up then do the 2A > 5C / command grab guessing. So blocking that IAD B cross up is just one step further into Shin's guessing games.

2B only beats the dragon punch if you use it at far range right? just checking I see the youtube discussion...maybe I will join in sometime are you still working on that forum for HnK?

2B only beats the dragon punch if you use it at far range right? just checking

Just not too close will be enough.

If you have questions and new videos to show, post them there first. Besides I check that group often, others could give some insights as well.

Yes, I still working on the HNK forum... Although school stuff is delaying the process. I am planning to finish it before Oct, and complete Shin guide's 3rd edition before Nov.

yay sounds good...probably not any videos for a while since no one plays except mr mamation and I went back to college so he's kinda far away now =[ any comments on the videos? other than my horrible failure at doing 2C 214C in combos lol...I saw mr mamation posted them a while back

Bah, it's okay, I got the same problem too. I finally get to play HnK after a looooooooooooooooong time. I totally forgot everything... I think more things to say about Mamation's Rei, lol! You are doing fine. Perhaps get use to 2B and 2D's range so you don't whiff it too often. And use less 236D against him because he has good reflex to beat it. Perhaps you can try command grab vs wake up uppercut. The timing is strict but it's fun and puts a lot of pressure on Rei.

Alright thanks a lot man. I forgot about my bad habit of using 236D in blockstrings too much always gets me hurt against mamation. XD thanks for the comments yesterday I did a wall combo with 2B2D214B otg C+D by accident and I was like wow that seems decent lol...

Loving this thread! We recently got into the game in New England, and I have a quick Shin question:

I was trying to do 2B c5C BC -> BnB,and while I got it to work, I found that 2B f5C BC would connect more easily. Is there any particular downside to using f5C instead of c5C?

Sign in to follow this