Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teyah

Eddie vs. Potemkin

general match up for potemkin please and 1) his jd beats my nobiru AA 2) i don't like his 44 3) is wakeup backdash always safe assuming he is not trying to bait me out? i can backdash his 6hs but sometime i get hit by js and 2k thanks a lot m(_ _)m

general match up for potemkin please

and

1) his jd beats my nobiru AA

2) i don't like his 44

3) is wakeup backdash always safe assuming he is not trying to bait me out? i can backdash his 6hs but sometime i get hit by js and 2k

thanks a lot m(_ _)m

Against Pot

Get him blocking. Once you do he's at your mercy. If he always BD on wakeup, time a wakeup drill such that it catches him at the end of his BD animation. Running up and doing 214S frc shenanagans work well here, as if the 214S whiffs, and he goes for a pot buster/throw, you can just jump and punish or do another 214S. Whenever the shadow is out Pot really can't do much of anything once he starts blocking. If he is doing things while you're rushing him down, or he's beating your strings, then work on filling your holes in your rushdown so he has to guess. Then if he guesses right the entire time, just UB him at the end of the string :eng101:

Man that matchup isn't even fair sometimes.

put drills infront of him so if he tries to headslide he will hit them and gets a KD. you can also backdash on reaction to avoid the quake and even IAD or 5D. but other than that don't come to him from the air. f.s beats hammerfall. if he gets in ur dead so always save tension for DAA or super.

3) is wakeup backdash always safe assuming he is not trying to bait me out? i can backdash his 6hs but sometime i get hit by js and 2k

its a good solution to consider but he has something against it-

5s catches backdashes into 2s 623h :(

at leasts its not a part of his regular mixup.

also if your with the back to the corner you can just fly above him to the other side of the screen. only do it if he has less than 50% tension. and if he does have enough, use your burst when he tries to heavenlyPB you.

also if your with the back to the corner you can just fly above him to the other side of the screen. only do it if he has less than 50% tension. and if he does have enough, use your burst when he tries to heavenlyPB you.

I don't know if that's such a good idea; I've been grabbed out of many a burst by the heavenly PB. That was in slash/#R though; did they change that about Pot in AC?

I burst HPB's all the time. Furthest I remember doing it was in Slash. If you're too close to him when he does it you won't get the burst out, though.

IB his 6HS as if you block it normally he'll slidehead and you're downed, while in IB you can jump and avoid it. When you move in to attack I do shenanigans like jump K, I get a hit in while he's doing his super armor (not forcebreak) thing and he whiffes me as I'm over his head. Eddie has supreme air control in this match, if you're flying down on him keep crossing since he'll be confused which side to anti-air. Nobiru trades with pots j.D which is bad, since your pet dies, even though it might get a hit on Pot. If he's j.Ding IB and punish appropriately. If he's slideheading spam j.D for tension and to avoid it, he'll realize he needs to close the gap and that's your chance to place a safety drill far, then bring out eddie and proceed to mawaru. Eddie is much stronger than Pot, you just have to play carefully yet aggressively, since you want him blocking. And j.HS on puddle unblockable rather than j.S for more damage, and it connects consistently since Pot is a big guy. 623S can be a big friend in this match. Pot is scared of you attacking, I just dash in and 623S, works a lot.