Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dusty

[CSE] Hazama Changes Disccusion

Just watched the BBCS:EX Alpha Tourney, and Hazamas flash kick is so awesome now. And thank god his meter gain is the same, I hope. The tier list is also going to be changed over the period of like, 1-2 months, right?

LOL Tager is like, A tier for now, right? Hakumen and Mu just got moved to S, while all the people I use are all B-tier now. Dangit.

The tier list is a joke. Don't you get it yet?

The tier list is a joke. Don't you get it yet?

Yea, I get it. Just expressing my depression for this way too early Tier list. There haven't been to many matches yet to hold up an official, true tier list yet.

Maybe Dusty could take the "loketest" out of the title now.

oh and maybe add "Throws are Special Cancelable now" as well as add/remove for what we know so far on the first post.

Also I guess we'll be gathering combo and misc info for here now.

Hazama's new combos look silly.

Hazama's old combos looked silly. Hazama is silly. And he always seems to have massive damage in the corner.

I use it. Mainly frame traps, crossup AA confirms, and overall sex. I just don't see why they'd give it to us and then take it back.

I use it. Mainly frame traps, crossup AA confirms, and overall sex. I just don't see why they'd give it to us and then take it back.

People I play just block Haz pressure all day and then 5A me out of stance... not sure who you've been playing.

Regardless of whatever you were trying to say, it's still useful at for crossup AA confirms at the very least. I've seen BBCSX footage with Haz using this gatling on block so it looks like we get to keep it.

hirentetsu relaunches in the corner lollll

I can't visualize this. What exactly doe sit mean? Hirentotsu bounces the enemy off the corner?

I guess it's pretty much like a 214D~B done really close at the corner, where you don't really see some kind of bounce/bound effect even though it's there.

Still, that sounds kinda interesting, we'll see if it gets any use in combos.

edit: nvm, pktazn uploaded a bunch of bbcsex combo videos with the j214B relaunch!

we once again get 50% meter back from an hountejin combo!

I'm laughing really hard to all those CSEX Haz vids pktazn just uploaded because lol Houtenjin meter gain again.

I guess we'll still get over 7k combos in the corner, but more "normal" damage and meter gain midscreen.

I do prefer the CS2 ones in terms of looks though, since they weren't loops. But what the hell, it must be fun to throw around countless TK Hirentotsus.

I like going for Hirentotsu CH to relaunch in matches and stuff anyway.

I didn't see any corner 6D~A>4D~A corner shenanigans, just 4D~A to Jakou. Worse proration, and therefore mode difficult relauch?

I AM sad about Mizuchi's minimum damage though. It got to like what, 1K? And when I was making fun of Carnage Scissors.

I have not read the entire topic so I don't know if this was already said, but i saw in some of Jourdal videos of BBCS:EX that 214D~B and 214D~A that they now retire one guard primer on block (I have seen both of them on the lvl 2 version so I don't know if it requires lvl 2 or not)

After watching TONS of match videos on a bunch of characters, I have to say Hazama will no doubt still be really strong, I really like the fact that you can cancel out of the chain follow ups earlier and it makes for a faster more controlled character. Also they made him an easier character to play due to the chore of hit confirming for big damge no longer being an issue, which is good since it may give incentive for new/other people to pick up the character seeing as the Hazama boards are usually on life support.

Unfortunate stuff like 6B no longer breaking primers and his command grab nerf are a back breaker for me. His fuck up ghetto 50/50 in the corner off 6B is gone due to command grab nerf hurts my interest in the character a alot.

Even though I'm personally disappointed in the new Hazama, I'm happy overall from what I see currently.

I'm hype about getting special cancels off of throws again. I wonder if the whole plethora of 4B+C > 5D combos work again due to stance cancel. Either way, it'll be nice to have that damage option again as well as better oki off of non-corner throws (hypothetically. I'm envisioning a combo like 5B+C > 623D > 66 > 3C > 214D~A. could possibly add stance cancel after throw followed by 6D into Jakou).

I got a chance to play CSE Hazama. I didn't see whole a lot of differences compare to CS2, but here are few of the easily noticeable changes.

1. Jakou: way more recovery time now. I had hard time catching up with 5C after this at the corner.

2. Corner dive kick loop: It's not easy to do. You should delay dive kick as late as possible so you can connect to the 5C. Easier than CS2 to do anyway.

3. Chain: has less hit stun but you can still easily do the followup combo. Just need a better hit confirm reaction. It cancels to another chain way faster. It's quite hard to come back to play CS2 Haz after playing CSE due to this change.

I felt like overall playstyle was same as CS2. Only he doesn't have mid-screen relaunch combo anymore and his corner combos are quite different. He has better zoning so it was much comfortable to play with.