Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xie

Rebel Up! - SoCal Danisen Season 1 OVER - [Finals Canceled]

DANISEN FINAL AT SUPER ARCADE

Hello everyone, the season finale for Danisen Season 1 will be at Super Arcade on 12/11/11 at 3pm. Come out and show your strength as we head into SoCal Regionals, the final BBCS2 tournament of the year.

Stream: www.twitch.tv/xiei

Super Arcade

1211 N Grand Ave

Walnut, CA 91789

Time

Saturday 12/10

2PM-XPM

This time around, if you are bringing a setup, please show up a little bit early so we can get set up by. Everyone else, please show up as you have at around 2pm.

REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF

It's at Super Arcade this time. When I see you, you better hand me $3 before sitting down to play or I will slap you. Super Arcade is a very nice venue so please be respectful to them and pay the venue fee.

When attempting to go to my house, you MUST enter through the gate on South Street. If you attempt to enter my neighborhood via any other gate, you will make yourself sad as there is no guard there to let you in. Thus, whenever you're creating directions, MAKE SURE that your directions take you to the gate on South Street and not anywhere else. I can honestly not stress this enough. A good way to know that you're doing it right is that you are making a left or right on Alphington Ave. If this street does not appear anywhere in your directions you are probably doing it wrong.

When you finally make it to the South Street Gate, the guard will ask you where you are going. Tell him my address and my name (James Xie) and you should be fine. Once you get in, follow the rest of your map and you should wind up my my house. Park somewhere on the street nearby.

What to bring

If you would like to bring a full setup (monitor, cables, console), please do and I will find a place to set it up. If you want to play other games, you can bring those too, but we'll probably shun you to the driveway.

Other than that, bring whatever other equipment you need to play on a console, aka sticks, controllers, etc. However, if you show up with a hitbox or a pad, we'll be sure to constantly verbally abuse encourage you to eventually learn stick.

Event Info

What the fuck is a Danisen?

Good question. The Danisen system is something that's gained popularity in fighting games over the years and is something they use to rank people outside of the standard ranbats. Basically, it's like playing for points. You fight your opponent as you normally would, and then you gain or lose points for winning or losing. There are associated levels and restrictions based on each level. Pretty simple.

Dan System

Starting out

-Each time you win a match, you gain 1 point. Each time you lose a match, you lose 1 point.

-Everyone begins at "Rank 1" ranking with zero points.

-You cannot go below 0 points as a Rank 1

Leveling up

-You can level up by reaching +3. Conversely, if you reach -3 in your ranking, you will level down.

-Every time you level up or down, you start at +0 for that Rank. From there, you can once again move up or down as normally.

-You can only play someone within 1 rank of yourself. For example, Rank 1 vs Rank 2 is fine, but not Rank 1 vs Rank 3.

-If there are less than three people in the highest current level, you may not play at that level until there are at least three people. Try to focus on an alt if you make it to the very top.

Rank 5 - Strong

-Due to the current player cap, Rank 5 is now a special Rank

-Rank 5 requires a player to reach +5 to reach Rank 6, getting demoted to Rank 4 still only requires a -3

Rank 6 - The King of Kings

-Rank 6 is the same type of special rank

-However, you must reach -5 to get demoted from Rank 6

Rank 7 - God of Gods

-A player who is Rank 7 cannot Gain points, for example, if he wins at -4, he will stay at -4

-Similarly, losing to a Rank 7 player does not cause you to lose points (unless you are also Rank 6)

-All wins will instead be counted as W's. They will be tallied up in a cumulative score.

System Rules

-Standard tournament rules, 2/3 rounds, 99 seconds, NO CHEAP SHIT

-All characters are allowed, except the unlimited ones

-In the interest of not wasting time, no Stylish Mode chracters

-Each match you play is 1 point, it is NOT 2/3 matches per point

-Winner stays after he wins, if he gets promoted, then he must get up.

-Losers get up, if there is REALLY no one else to play, you can have a salty runback funback

Station Rules

The way the room is set up is something like this:

-Each TV will have a level range assigned to it (Rank 1-2/Rank 2-3/Rank 3-4)

-Line up on a TV within your correct range

-When it is your turn, sit down and play your opponent

-If you win, you must stay put. If you lose, you must line up on a DIFFERENT station in your range.

This way, if you are capable of following directions, you will never play someone out of your range. If there are a lot of players in a particular range, we'll increase the number of setups for that range, but the same rules apply.

Different Character Rules

-You may play more than one character at the Danisen, each character will have their independent score own score.

-You can even play a character in a vastly different way and have it count as in independent character (For example, Bobby can play on stick have have his score be independent)

-You may play multiple characters per day. HOWEVER, if you choose a character, you may not choose another character until you level up or down with that character. The exception is if you are Rank 1 with 0 points, you may switch character whenever you want.

Loser Jar

If you want to work on your tournament nerves, I recommend bringing some change for the "loser" jar. Every time you lose, you will put your own self ordained amount of money into the jar. I'll be providing drinks at the event, and future drinks will come from the loser jar, so get bodied for a cause.

Special Event List

Every week we will have a new type of special event to mix things up. Here are the list of current and past events.

10/2 - The Gauntlet of Gods

-Each player in the top rank must participate

-Each Rank 7 player will be forced to play 5 matches in a row, starting with the newest Rank 7 player

-This will continue until all but one of the Rank 7 players is demoted

10/15 3pm - Single Battle Ordeal (SBO)

-Single Match, Single Elim Tournament

-Players are seeded by Danisen Rank

-Danisen points are still counted for matches won or lost, with no regard to rank (except Rank 7 and Rank 1)

11/5 3pm - Battle By the Garage (BBG)

-This is TWO TEAM BATTLE. Everyone will be split into one of two teams and will duke it out!

-There will be two team captains, first pick will be chosen by a best of 2 match.

-The Team Captains this time around will be

Hidden

and

Secret

for now.

-Each battle between team members is ONE MATCH

-The winning team is the team that survives!

-Danisen Points are tallied at the end of the event.

11/26 3pm - Canceled For The Time Being

-

(Rules Hidden Until 10/30)

12/10 3pm - DANISEN FINAL

Double Elimination Tournament.

Character Lock.

Players will be seeded by Danisen Rank.

Current Standings - 10/02/11

Rank 1

Psychotoad(0)

Glod(+1)

[TS]Obaloney(+2)

Mahgo(0)

Purrin(+1)

[RG]Soniti(0)

Hakimikru(0)

Dometheus(0)

DBS(0) - Newcomer!

ML131(0) - Newcomer!

TC(0) - Newcomer!

Rank 2

XenoBrian(0)

T-Loc(0)

[RC]Soniti(-1)

Shazam(0)

Guymam(+1)

Wandering Wolf(0)

WildWallace(0) - Rank Up!

Rank 3

Flipid(0) - Rank Up!

shtkn(0)

Shadowfiend(0)

[bang]TheBiter(0)

Bond(0) - Rank Down!

Rank 4

Super Jimmy(0) - Rank Up!

PhaethonH(-1) - Rank Up!

AcidAce(0)

NeoZero(+1)

Epidemic(0)

[Lambda]Zone_wan(0)

[bang]My-key(0)

Rank 5 - Strong

Obaloney(-2) - Rank Up!

JasonD(0)

Odd03(-1)

[Carl]My-Key(-1)

[Hazama]My-Key(0)

[Valkenhayn]TheBiter(-2)

Sanoshi(+1)

Rank 6 - King of Kings

Xie(+2)

Donavan(+1)

Severin(0) - Rank Up!

Dsmoove(-1) - Rank Up!

Rank 7 - God of Gods

Unranked (No Shows)

Raptor

RickyP

Hall of Fame - People who have donated to the CHAIRS AND TABLES fund

Shtkn - $40,000,000

Super Jimmy - $20,000,000

I think that about covers it. If you have any questions, post them in the thread or talk to me.

I'm so down. i'm going to use this time to find a way to get up there! oh if anyone is willing to take me along with them i'd appreciate it so much.

With this system, does that mean there will be multiple sessions in the future? Is it going to be like brackets or just two guys agree to fight?

Reoccurring Event: most likely, we'll run these until people get sick of them

Stream: most likely, I have everything that's needed to set up a stream, so there will probably be one.

I hope this works out for you guys.

I will say you need to have a good number of players participating each session AND as a whole to support this format or else it just won't work out or be as "meaningful".

For CS1 (online), the Eastern group had 57 individual players that played in at least one session, and through 22 sessions (weeks) the highest anyone got was 6th Dan.

Say you only get 10-20 "regulars", your highest rank might not be over 5th Dan, so it might feel kinda weird to have your highest person only get 3rd or 4th Dan or something. But that will depend on how you handle the ranking up process I guess and whether or not you allow someone to constantly play the same person if they are the only ones within rank of each other.

My advice would be after the first 2 or 3 sessions once people rank up to a certain point that only 1 or 2 people are in the highest ranks, you should adjust it to allow people to play within 2 ranks of their current rank. I personally never made that switch, but this time around for CS2 I had planned to do that once people got over 5th Dan and needed people to play for them to continue participating.

Just some advice. Good luck with it.

Thanks for the advice.

I realize from my Melty days that the it takes a ton of people to actually fill out the ranks between 1-10 (hence I didn't even make a mention of post level 10 titles), but I'm just gonna roll with the punches and see what happens. The idea is to play, but also to have fun, so I don't want to force someone not to play for the sake of the system.

In general, all we ever did was play normally, so I'm just trying to change it up.

As for frequency, I'd like to do it every week, but having enough players is an issue. Right now, I'm shooting for Bi-weekly, but if everyone who shows up this week is like "YO I'LL COME BACK NEXT WEEK 100%" we could do one next week as well.

As for setups, if you can comfortably bring a FULL setup, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, the limiting factor is always going to be monitors, so there isn't much purpose otherwise.

As for frequency, I'd like to do it every week...

I've been hoping for something like this since we lost AI. :'(

Maybe this will make me play fighting games again.

So, if anyone needs a ride, or just wants to carpool, I'll be coming from Canoga Park (west valley), driving through most of LA proper, and stopping in Cerritos. If this is around anyone's route, and you want to ride, then feel free to message me either privately or in this thread.

Top posted updated, but the bottom post will get the same info as well.

Stream is confirmed: www.twitch.tv/xiei

I'll be streaming the "highest level" TV at the event, whatever level it ends up being.

This time around, the way the room is set up is something like this:

-Each TV will have a level range assigned to it (Kyu-1/1-2/2-3/3-4/etc)

-Line up on a TV within your correct range

-When it is your turn, sit down and play your opponent

-If you win, you must stay put. If you lose, you must line up on a DIFFERENT station in your range.

This way, if you are capable of following directions, you will never play someone out of your range. Exception to these rules, of course, is if you are a Kyu, because you'll be lining up at the same station again. If there are a lot of players in a particular range, we'll increase the number of setups for that range, but the same rules apply.

Lastly, if you want to work on your tournament nerves, I recommend bringing some change for the "loser" jar. Every time you lose, you will put your own self ordained amount of money into the jar. I'll be providing drinks at the event, and future drinks will come from the loser jar, so get bodied for a cause.

If worst comes to worst, I'll take a look at my finances to see if I can make it and still live off the rest, though anyone heading down from Riverside would be much appreciated in helping me go.