Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xie

Rebel Up! - SoCal Danisen Season 1 OVER - [Finals Canceled]

I can make it to Super Arcade no problem.

I am hype for loud arcade noises myself. Maybe they'll even have Technica 2 blaring in the background to recreate that genuine Arcade Infinity feel.

I'm fine with Super Arcade. It's a bit of a drive, but whatever. Welcome to SoCal. However, would we be able to get a number of setups there? If it's just on the one rent-a-cab we'll end up having to wait forever to play.

And as for tournaments, I highly approve of that idea too. Remember when this area used to do those? (Yeah, me neither). FFA tries, but no one ever comes. We can't be letting NorCal and EC show us up, after all.

We're settled in on 12/10/11 for FINAL DANISEN BATTLE SEASON 1.

This event will actually be a DOUBLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT in preparation for SCR the following week. So please come out and set the stage for the final tournament of the year! I think we're only going to do venue fee ($3), so the prize will be something extremely random.

And yes, Danisen points will be applied to the tournament itself. Other than that, come on to fight it out.

I can't make it due to finals stuff but I like the idea of it being at super arcade. Looking forward to Season 2!

I apologize for the sudden change, but the event is now on SUNDAY (12/11) starting at 2PM. I am really sorry about this, but Super Arcade has informed me that because they are having ST on a Supergun for Saturday, they will not be able to accommodate us.

Also, because I love bearing bad news, the coverage charge is also $5 instead of $3. If you really, honestly, cannot pay the extra $2 to make it out here, I subsidize it for you, but there's not much else I can do at this point.

Other than cancel, if a lot of people are really like I CAN'T/WON'T GO ANYMORE. Please give me a headcount ASAP in this thread, because if it seems like only 3-4 people are going to make it out, I'm just gonna invite you people to my house instead. So please, for the love of god, let me know by the end of tomorrow.

You can also use this google doc to help me figure this shit out: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?pli=1&key=0AosjvokR8OmNdER6azNnQnpxQzlwQlp2eUI4MEJXLWc&hl=en_US#gid=0

cant go on sunday yet strangely i could have made it on saturday....................... think im the only one with mess up work hours this bad. gl hf everyone that goes!

FYI you have until about 6:30PM (PST, duh) to let me know whether or not you are coming. If enough people still want to do it, I'll go to Super Arcade and talk to owners. If not enough people want to go, I'll probably have to cancel. I apologize if you were super looking forward to this, but there's always SCR next weekend. :X

Yeah okay, we're canceled for this Sunday. Sorry about that. :(

We'll have to settle our SoCal differences at SCR the following weekend.

Too bad. I would have been able to make Sunday.

Oh well. I'll look forward to the next one after the holidays are over.

See you all at SoCal Regionals.

I'm going to be creating another Danisen-like event pretty soon, but I can no longer host ever again (long story).

The goal is to make the game more accessible to the general public and reach a bigger audience with the stream to get more exposure for the game.