Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RagnaXBL

Dead or Alive 5

Like I said, DOA4 just turned the game into a huge jiggle-fest. It wasn't even about the gameplay anymore. All you had to do was pick one of the various animu whores and mash counter.

This game confuses me. Are we getting danger based gameplay or will they attempt to make this more than stage fighter 5: The battle for Micheal Bay?

Oh, great. This is exactly what I feared: instead of going and balancing the game they're introducing more potentially broken shit that we absolutely do not fucking need.

Hype meter for this game has dropped from 40% to 2%. It's official: DOA is now only about graphics and not gameplay.

The Cliffhanger system sounds fun. How awesome would it be to get knocked off a stage, have your opponent attempt to finish you off, then turn it back on them. Seems cool to me. The Power Blow is iffy. It could be one of those mechanics that's hardly never used.

lol this game is looking like it might be pretty fun i know i had fun messing around in doa 4 when i used to play that game i had like an 85% win rate on two accounts its fun making ppl spam counter on that game good times I kinda like the cliff hanger reversal idea as well

Holy crap! The girls don't have doll faces anymore! Also in one pic Hitomi's missing her coat and covered in dirt. Visible damage anyone? I hope so. :kitty:

I'm not one to whine about character appearances, especially that of waifus, but what the fuck did they do to Ayane's face?

On the flipside, Hitomi definitely looks more German than Japanese now, which is to say she's twice as hot as before.

Why did you have to jump to the worst possible situation? :|

Also I wouldn't be so quick to call that "clothing damage" and that is actually nothing new to the series as small things like that have been in since 2 (like Tina and Bass wearing cowboy hats and them being knocked off mid combat, this would later apply to Bass' shades)

If anything at the moment I'm more inclined to believe alternate costume rather than battle damage (again nothing new to the series, like Kasumi and Lei Fang being able to change hair styles on costumes). I don't see a practical situation wear her jacket would come off unless it occurred in a throw break or something similar.

Jumping to bad conclusions is unfortunately what I do. Now that you bring up the alternates with minor changes from the last games, I now have to agree it might just be a second costume.