Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RagnaXBL

Dead or Alive 5

If the jiggle got toned down like 15% it wouldn't be as obnoxious.

That said a lot of the dlc costumes are just face palm with what they are, like equal to that soul caliber costume announced a few weeks ago.

Outside of that I don't really dislike the series, but it is the most ridiculed 3D fighter because of the girls. 

That said...the dragon costume was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

If the jiggle got toned down like 15% it wouldn't be as obnoxious.

There's been an option to turn the jiggle down to "Realistic mode" since DOA5 Vanilla. Though I think any woman with a big enough cup size who's gone running in a sports bra can tell you that the default setting is the most realistic.

I now have this image where they spent hundreds of hours doing research of women running.

Though its one thing when a woman is running, and another when in just an idle pose seemingly perpetual motion is going on.

It's still beyond me how some people would rather have their character wear next to nothing than have the game finally get the recognition it deserves.

God I hate the FGC sometimes.

This right here is what i am talking about, why is it a problem?

Are you one of those insecure fuckers that anything that is sexy makes you uneasy?

Nah, but fighting naked and in high-heels = utterly stupid to random viewers and potentially interested players looking for a fighting game they can enjoy and show their friends.

Also, there is sexy and then there is objectifying and degrading (i haven't seen those costumes, so i'm just saying in general).

And even if you say they aren't... If i didn't know what to expect by DoA the swaying breasts at the win screen after my first match wouldn't have implied that this is a game that can be taken serious or that you would want your co-workers and family to know about.

But a lot of males seem to feel victimized by this (judging by eventhubs.. why do i still read there anyway O_o).

What's everyones problem with soft-banning some stupid costumes to try and get some more credibility for the DoA-community and DoA as a fighting game? I don't get it.

Must agree with VermillionBird here.

To me it basically boils down to whaaaaa, whaaaa, i don't like sexy woman on the screen because it makes me feel uneasy/insecure/jaleous

You people need to grow a pair and learn that not everything is done to suit your puritan points of view

Thank you for coming back and dragging the argument out of its grave, it's done us all a lot of favours  :vbang: 
To me, it boils down to the fact that I don't like half naked anyone shoved in my face. That's my own personal subjective view and everyone is entitled to their own view. The community is divided about this ban, and the ban itself is entirely up to the tournament organiser.

Alright guys, enough with the provocative stuff with the costumes and all, the next thing on our minds is that I've read lately as of the steam port of Last Round is a mixed downgrade port. The system specs are up on the "store page" and also on "here". Don't mind the "Google Translated" product info.

gEXQF.png

whaaaaa, whaaaa, i don't like sexy woman on the screen because it makes me feel uneasy/insecure/jaleous

Lol, no, read the words that are written to you. Fighting naked looks just stupid to me and i personally like my sexy with a bit of a fitting context and personality.

This tournament-soft-ban is just to look more serious (as a fighting game, not ero-game) to the general public, nothing else.

I was already done with this, i don't even play DoA (VF5 > all 3D), i just found the panic hillarious ^_^

Soft ban doesn't seem appropriate at this point. DoA is no where as offensive MK game and people don't bat an eye to that game. It what the series established it self on. With that said Even im not fan of DoA series custom but doesn't mean I should take that away from those who do or think any less of them.

Their no way to regulate this with out stepping on toe's or worst opening flood gate for argument like this. 

Choose a character pallet that"Alter skin color"  as subtle racism.

Blond hair in Pink outfit perpetuate tired and usually offensive Dumb blond sterotype. 

Soft ban doesn't seem appropriate at this point. DoA is no where as offensive MK game and people don't bat an eye to that game. It what the series established it self on.

I remember some controversy over EVO planning to black screen fatalities for MK9, until everyone found out you could disable them along with the blood.

Speaking of collaborations, the Senran Kagura mashup costumes are now out on the Xbox Store, and later on PSN. And it costs quite a penny. @_@

Speaking of collaborations, the Senran Kagura mashup costumes are now out on the Xbox Store, and later on PSN. And it costs quite a penny. @_@

Extra 2 dollars towards exploding costumes. Yep.

Damn, PS4 Core Fighters doesn't feature trophies even if you have everything :( (PS3 version does)

Also, I laughed at all those shitty bugs the game had back in the day. Not being able to import your PS3 save and Nyotengu having ALL her costumes (including default ones) locked, making her unplayable? What the...

BTW is it me or Akira now punches as hard as he used to in VF5FS? I remember his damage was lol in Ultimate

They really don't care about PC users. Why else would they make it based on last-gen technology AND provide that stipulation that if they see such mods they wouldn't make another PC port?

They really don't care about PC users. Why else would they make it based on last-gen technology AND provide that stipulation that if they see such mods they wouldn't make another PC port?

It was pretty much set up to fail.

Hello all, anyone here that plays Last Round and has an interest in learning Ayane, I will be streaming a tutorial on Twitch at 5pm PST today.

Thread information and stream link are provided here; 

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/ayane-tutorial-stream-with-hajinshinobi.5689/

http://www.twitch.tv/hajinshinobi

Well, I know there's not much in the way of posts of DOA5-LR a while back, but since this is dustloop and all (and honestly, no one's bothering to put it in the respective forums for GG/BB), I suppose this marks some attention to GG/BB fans!

C4cx0TdVMAExyZ0.jpg:large

A GG/BB costume collaboration pack! Seems it'll be out sometime in March (and yes, probably as part of the newer Season/Costume passes on current gen, and yes, that shit is stupid expensive. No word on prices and stuff, but expect the packs like some collab costumes to be in the $20-30 range).

Either way, regardless, since costume modding on the PC version of DOA5-LR exists, I suggest looking at some examples from this user HERE as some reference to see if the mod costumes will look better more or less than the official ones coming soon.

If Hitomi does not get the Makoto costume, I will riot! Oh and it better have the tail too!

Seriously though, who do you think will get what costumes? If there's anything that DOA is good at, it's picking the right characters for each costume. And like I said earlier, Hitomi for Makoto but I also think Kasumi should get the Noel costume so that Alpha/Phase-4 gets the Mu-12 costume. idk lol

Well, more info...Here's a preview on the costumes for 4 characters.

doa_01_cs1w1_720x.jpg

Kasumi as Noel, Hitomi as Tsubaki, Nyotengu as Dizzy and Honoka as Elphelt. The DLC pack releases 3/14/17 and will contain 16 costumes for the female cast. As for the prices, supposedly $3 US for 1 costume, about $30 for the whole set. Free if you bought the latest Season/Costume Pass.

(Sorry swordsman09, Hitomi isn't Makoto.)

26 minutes ago, NeoStrayCat said:

(Sorry swordsman09, Hitomi isn't Makoto.)

I should have seen that coming honestly... :(

I know Momiji will be Celica cause the long hair. Also Kokoro as Baiken.

The rest:

Ayane = Jack-O

Tina = Makoto

Mila = Bullet

Marie Rose = Platinum

Christie = I-NO

Helena = Millia Rage

Lei-Fang = Jam

Phase-4 = Mu-12

Rachel = Nine

Lisa = Ram-Chan

I wish Team Ninja did the male cast too.