Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RagnaXBL

Dead or Alive 5

She apparently has a set of her own moves in a specific stance. Her bio (which has way too many Mary Sue moments) mentions that:

Having been raised all her life by her gentle and loving grandmother, Honoka is a sweet, easygoing kind of girl... but when she sees a fight, she cannot contain her excitement, or the mysterious power surging within her. Honoka has a strange knack for instantly learning any fighting move she sees. She has kept this power hush-hush, but has been itching to test it out in secret.

Honoka studies her favorite moves from various sources and fighting styles, and combines them into a unique style which she calls "Honoka Fu". Since her build is that of an average teenage girl, her moves, while skilled, may not always pack the same punch as the fighter she learned them from.

In her Hissatsu-no-Kamae stance, however, she is imbued with an unbelievable strength and becomes capable of techniques she has never seen from any other fighter.

Team Ninja has warned that if people make nude mods for Last Round PC, there won't be another Team Ninja game on PC.

Well, I guess we won't be seeing any more TN games on PC. Tecmo takes their EULAs and IP protection seriously; they once pursued legal action against a guy who made a nude mod for DOAX1 (and that was on console, even).

Didn't people already do this on console? What's the point either way?

Getting this game tomorrow. What's the learning curve like?

There's an updated version, Last Round, that comes out soon. If you're just buying the game for the first time, just skip what's currently out and wait for Last Round to hit this month.

As for the learning curve, it's not too bad. The hardest part is learning what moves hit High, Low, or Mid to counter properly, the rest is basic 3D fighter stuff.

There's an updated version, Last Round, that comes out soon. If you're just buying the game for the first time, just skip what's currently out and wait for Last Round to hit this month.

As for the learning curve, it's not too bad. The hardest part is learning what moves hit High, Low, or Mid to counter properly, the rest is basic 3D fighter stuff.

I havenn't dedicated to any 3d fighter , outside of F/AU, KoF:MIRA, and Bloody roar. I like the game rock paper scissors aspect but not sure about the other stuff. What level of memorization you need in this game?

What level of memorization you need in this game?

Less than Tekken/VF, more than most 2D fighters. Unless you play someone with a 1/5 "Moves" rating, like Jann Lee or Ein.

I couldn't resist!

Seriously, though, it was to my understanding that Last Round was only available for purchase for next gen consoles, but you could update to it from Ultimate for free?

You can update from the PS3/360 DOA5U to DOA5LR for free. However, you have to pay for Honoka and Raidou, and you don't get the new costumes and stuff DOA5LR would come with for free. So all you're getting is the balance patch to make the versions compatible. Previous gen consoles also do not get the returning stage. It's simply not worth the money to buy DOA5U and then upgrade, as you miss out on so many costumes and the characters that you'll end up paying the difference and more just getting all the DLC that would come with that package normally.

EDIT: And yes, the disc versions of the game are only for next-gen consoles. The digital game will be on 360 and PS3.

The last-gen upgrade version of Last Round will miss out on a bunch of stuff, because Team Ninja mercifully opted not to make the required data install even more ridiculously bloated for older consoles with smaller HDDs.

Unboxed my early import collector's edition of Last Round,

thought I'd post what was in the box:

doa5_ce_spoof_zpshkx8apjq.jpg

Lack of a boob mouse. You wasted your money good sir.

Last Round update is now live for PS3/360 DOA5 Ultimate. All stats and titles reset for online, and you can unlock DOA1 music and Dynasty Warriors remixes by beating Arcade Mode. Raidou and Honoka need to be purchased, however.

Last Round update is now live for PS3/360 DOA5 Ultimate. All stats and titles reset for online, and you can unlock DOA1 music and Dynasty Warriors remixes by beating Arcade Mode. Raidou and Honoka need to be purchased, however.

lol Dynasty Warriors. I need to get Lu Bu's theme for Raidou now. XD

EDIT: Still no Dimensions remixes?

Probably off limits because the game was a Nintendo exclusive.

But they have the Dimensions training theme. What makes that different from all the other tracks?

Their attempt at "changing DOA's image" is futile.

Boobs are the primary reason people even give a shit about this series.

Banning all the good costumes is just going to ensure that no one will watch their tournaments ever again.

So this shit about banning the sexy costumes...what do you guys think?

I don't think this is something that really can be banned. If you ban sexy costumes, why not just ban Alpha-152 since she doesn't wear anything at all?

I don't really know much about DOA's competitive scene, but do people really pick these costumes? What's the point of banning something nobody uses anyway?