Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RagnaXBL

Dead or Alive 5

Lei fang in that dress is top tier.

I prefer her old DOA2 / DOA3 look.

Also, she used high heels in those. High heels are SUPREME TIER.

Some more news regarding Pre-order bonuses at GameStop and Amazon depending on which one you want. Gamestop gives you bunny suit-style swimsuits for Kasumi, Hitomi, and Leifang.While Amazon gives you Black swimsuits for Ayane, Christie, and Tina. Expect these to be time limited pre-order exclusives until they drop as dlc. I also assume they are different then the "premium Swimsuits" you get from the collectors edition which i also assume will eventually be dlc.

Also Team Ninja announced that last weekend that New characters in a New movie will be revealed this weekend.

Here is list of collector edition stuff:

• A set of premium swimsuits for the full cast of playable female characters

• An art book

• The CD soundtrack

• A poster of the DOA5 cast

• High-quality embossed metal case

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...aracter-reveals-coming-next-weekend/#comments

I might have to skip this because I'm not even sure if the CD soundtrack will even have character-based themes In DOA5 like they did in the past. That would be disappointing if it were true because IMO this series had the best music for a 3d fighter.

I'm not even going to bother getting any special edition of this game. DOA4 has left too many bad memories to ever spend more money on the sequel than it's worth.

I guess this confirms the leak is real? Oh who am I kidding it's been real since Sarah.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/26/dead-alive-5-includes-new-character-rig-and-bass-armstrong/

Curious on how the new guy looks though.

EDIT: Rig looks NOTHING like how his name lead me to stereotype.

http://oi50.tinypic.com/1evq14.jpg

He's a Canadian Tae Kwon Do fighter

just...what were you thinking with a name like Rig?

Something like an American stereotype that throws his weight around. I don't know why I thought that with Bass already in the roster lol.

But yeah he's NOTHING like I was stereotyping and that's a good thing.

Rig seems cool as shit...

Now I'm conflicted, Sarah (my main already in VF that will transition well) is practically a Tae Kwon Do practitioner, but Rig actually is one, who choose!?!?

yOY05.jpg

Very sleek, though I hope the coverart isn't final, I like Kasumi and all, but I would prefer something that hasn't been used as promo art on nearly everything, lol. Also who wants my costumes, cause I sure as hell aint using em.

%7Boption%7DAlso who wants my costumes, cause I sure as hell aint using em.

me

Some blokes with lovely accents playing the E3 build of DoA 5

http://www.videogamer.com/videos/dead_or_alive_5_extended_play.html

In other news Team Ninja, are not thinking about dlc characters (They said its not a guarantee and would not even be discussed about let alone get started until later development stages, but if they do they would be for free since they hate the idea of pay for characters) So take that as you will

Also Team Ninja says No to Character Customization ala Tekken 6, VF 5 FS, SC V caliber because the "characters have personality like you or me" in their default outfits. I can agree to an extent since i despise the SfxT customization colors that makes the characters look ridiculous and honestly if I wanted in-depth character customization I would play a Rpg.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news...e-over-20-characters-you-cant-customize-them/

all this thing about namco and tecmo being against characters dlc sounds more a way to appeal to the public after the dlc fiasco of sfxt tbh, lol, not to mention that it sends the wrong message to the ignorant masses

i guess that this means that we are not going to see extra characters for doa5 after release, because seriously, no one works for free

Lol @ Namco trying to act like the DLC heroes.

They are the worst company EVER when it comes to DLC. The greediest of the bunch. lol :s

Character customization can be cool, but I mostly like it in VF5FS since VF characters are often more bland and the customization really helps. In Tekken it's fun too just for hairstyles and what not.

I saw mah Lei Fang in her new render.

Still don't like how she looks. She lost a lot of her charm.

Also no high heels. ugh.

Rig seems cool as shit...

Now I'm conflicted, Sarah (my main already in VF that will transition well) is practically a Tae Kwon Do practitioner, but Rig actually is one, who choose!?!?

Sarah since, as of the E3 closed door build, she was pretty much top tier. Frame traps all day, and the free cancel system meant that you could delay your strings and bait counter holds easily.

Sarah since, as of the E3 closed door build, she was pretty much top tier. Frame traps all day, and the free cancel system meant that you could delay your strings and bait counter holds easily.

Yeah she SOUNDED amazing, but keep in mind that build was shown behind closed doors because Bass and Sarah weren't complete enough to show :< The fact we have seen Rig and Bass but no Sarah makes me sad ; w; I expect her to be toned down a bit, especially with feedback like that :<

Still she will be my go-to character because I already play her in VF so :3 But yeah I was surprised how much I like Rig, now just gotta wait to see that new female character as we're pretty much aware how the rest of the returning cast fights. Also...

"TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" (lol I dunno why but I love when Bass says this, me and my friends are like "oh shi-Bass is gettin' HYPED! D:")

First footage of Sarah :D

It's so weird how faithful she is, because when I see cinematic throws with the wrong angles I get mad lol. But liking how she's turning out so far, everything from FS seems to work and lots of her Flamingo follow ups cause Critical Stun (os un-Holdable :D) and her low from Back Slide does it too X3. A little sad they just used voice recordings from VF rather then seeing about getting new VA work done, but eh I always loved her voice anyways = w= (10 MORE YEARS!)

More to come...

This week's reveal was Jann Lee (lame) and the "official" unveiling of Tina (weak sauce :<)

Was hoping to see the other new face...guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

This week's reveal was Jann Lee (lame) and the "official" unveiling of Tina (weak sauce :<)

Was hoping to see the other new face...guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Could be worse. It could have been Leon. :v: