Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RagnaXBL

Dead or Alive 5

So Alpha-152 is playable? I hope to god she's nothing like her DOA4 self.

After playing a build of this at Summer Jam, I'm considering getting it.

After all the vast adjustments and balance done to this game, it would be a crying shame if they kept 1 character boss tier instant ban, that being said for a variety of different reasons I REALLY don't want Alpha-152 in this game at all, lol.

And you should get the game, it'll be fun bro!

Oh wow, haha if that's what Mila looks like I'm ok with it, I wasn't expecting that but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want the DoA girls to be a bit more "masculine" they're all fluffy girls once you get past the fact they fight and it makes me sad :< so hopefully this is a change of pace

I'm probably kidding myself :<

Wonder what her fighting style is...and how you unlocked her if she isn't default, also 777, Hitomi was supposed to be the "tomboy" of the series

LOL :<

I kinda liked Lisa in 4, but due to the game's shitty mechanics, her weird stance system and her crazy combo throw that has like a bunch of 360s in it I settled for Hayabusa and Helena.

Very interesting, definitely want to give her a try

*sighs* but she's still a frilly girl...oh well, not that I was expecting anything less... orz

KoeiTecmo also said we'll get some new this week :o

gotta maintain hype among the release of their biggest competitor for new release :3

I kinda liked Lisa in 4, but due to the game's shitty mechanics, her weird stance system and her crazy combo throw that has like a bunch of 360s in it I settled for Hayabusa and Helena.

Lisa still looks kinda weak overall, and Hayabusa is just D: tier, general impressions are that Helena is pretty nerfed but with such radical changes I think people will just have to adjust to them first.

HER FIGHTING STYLE ISN'T MMA, IT'S FUCKING VALE TUDO, "MMA" IS NOT A LEGITIMATE FIGHTING STYLE, IT'S A TOURNAMENT FORMAT, FUCK!

Anyways yeah she looks pretty awesome, I like that she has a hold that goes into a take down grab, this also explains why Vanessa will not be in the game :<

Also that new rooftop stage looks sick! Although for the first time it made me realize the DoA fighters should be fucking dead...she got DESTROYED by that fucking TRAIN!!!

HER FIGHTING STYLE ISN'T MMA, IT'S FUCKING VALE TUDO, "MMA" IS NOT A LEGITIMATE FIGHTING STYLE, IT'S A TOURNAMENT FORMAT, FUCK!

Except that, y'know... it is. If you've learned more than one style of fighting, and you use the different techniques within them, you're using a form of Mixed Martial Arts. Japanese Jujutsu that utilizes Muay Thai's elbow and knee strikes, Kenpo that uses Aikido wrist holds, Kenjutsu that follows the movements and patterns of Escrima stick fighting; these are all considered 'Mixed' because they aren't dead-set on following the inherent limitations of their styles, so they borrow some of the arguably superior concepts from others.

Martial Arts debates aside, should all this character and system information be gathered in the first post? Or would that be considered a waste (no one ever reads the first post of a big thread anyway...)? I've never been big into DoA, but a lot of that is because I didn't understand the pacing and flow of 3D fighters at all until recently. What is the premier forum/wiki/community for DoA, anyway?

I can only hope that train was just carrying cargo.

No..."Mixed Martial Arts" is STILL not a legitimate fighting style, there's no actual discipline behind it, and most fighters will say "Freestyle"/"Self Taught" rather than "MMA". Also Mila literally used nothing but Vale Tudo techniques, so it makes the redundant statement of saying "MMA" that much more so (but I guess since it's the most commonly associated style with the sport...)

And FreeStepDodge.com and DoAWorld.com are probably the most prominent sources.

No..."Mixed Martial Arts" is STILL not a legitimate fighting style, there's no actual discipline behind it, and most fighters will say "Freestyle"/"Self Taught" rather than "MMA".

I think that's a silly interpretation of what constitutes a Martial Art. It sounds to me like you're complaining entirely about what it's called, rather than what it is. Using multiple techniques, a Mixture from different schools of Martial Arts is using a form of Mixed Martial Arts. Arguing that it's not a legitimate fighting style because it doesn't follow the discipline or philosophy of one particular school sounds to me like just an argument of semantics, especially when you say "It's fine if they call it something that means almost the exact same thing".

Also Mila literally used nothing but Vale Tudo techniques, so it makes the redundant statement of saying "MMA" that much more so (but I guess since it's the most commonly associated style with the sport...)

Since when are an Armbar, a Mount, Sidemount, and a Spinning Backfist 'Vale Tudo' techniques? Almost any ground-fighting style will cover the first three (like Brazilian Jujutsu), and a number of Hard styles will handle the latter.

And FreeStepDodge.com and DoAWorld.com are probably the most prominent sources.

Thank you, bookmarked and I'll be sure to check them out.