Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akira-Shiro

[CS2] Carl Combo Thread

:sweatdrop:

It's not even mashing... If someone sees you use vivace without the cover of a nirvana move then they have complete hitstun advantage and will attack you. That simple. It's one of the easiest things in the game to react to. And vivaceA>2A>2D is the same as doing vivaceA>2A without Nirvana except it might add confusion if they're watching Nirvana as well. It would never work more than once against anyone with a decent defensive game.

Where did the people who actually know what they're talking about go on this forum? =\

Im sorry to be rude, but alot of the few resets carls has will not work if done with a rinse & repeat because a person will catch on eventually. Also once again you expect a person to play smart when fighting carl,, and paying attention to ada is a very smart thing to do. However yes you are right alot of these setups have escape holes,, i posed up not only ones that are air tight but not safe (ROM into full charged 6C reset & Fuacco reset) along with those that are not so safe and are a bit more unorthodox purposely pitting the persons attention against them (2a/2D reset) all can work and are all valuable. When you do the vivace ada has already started to move out of fear a person will block if they do decide to swing because they heard vivace and noticed ada isnt using 6D,, time will be up and they will clash. If done correctly the moment you are on the opposite side 2D is already inches away from hitting them & any normal person would stand and try to block the 2D. However a 2a is coming simultaneously this setup is a legit UB just so you know.

If you do not agree then that is your personal opinion, however to insinuate that i do not know what i am talking about is just a complete insult. Something i was hoping to avoid however,, you can take your snide ass, stink ass comments and keep them to your self. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE THEM THEN DO NOT COME INTO THIS THREAD. Because a great carl player never uses the same trick more then once per-fight it forces the enemy off there toes and into a state of WTF DO I DO TO STOP GETTING HIT, and also if you knew anything that is anything you would know aside from the jd/3D reset(Including all variations, such as the haku-men version) all of carls other resets have some sort of way to get out. Whether it be mashing Dp, DD, holding 7,8, or 9, or even mashing grab. All of these resets & combos i have posted i posted because i used them at some point in time vs a person of higher mental capacity then you obviously. They can all be stopped by something, the only reason they work is because of the element of surprise. Once again i believe that you are causing unnecessary confrontation and i would prefer it if you no longer responded directly to me.

If you have anything to contribute by all means please do and i will edit this post accordingly, .. thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZi9ozH-zZQ

@ 2:43

is the fuacco reset,, and if its not that useful why did SRZ get hit. An i would luv for you to tell me its cause he isnt good at the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8QGIjR0FpA&feature=plcp&context=C39e1547UDOEgsToPDskJM4AjqZbuBhkxEE7B9EmUJ

once again @0:43 this is the 2a/2D reset

and again that fight @ 3:30 this is your proof. It happens alot faster then you think it does

Just as a fore-note, I'm not trying to offend so much as express the need to post valid, applicable information if you're going to be creating threads to help aspiring Carl players. And I'm sorry, but my list of people with the wherewithal to make such posts (i.e. Zong, Kyle, Isuyaru, Hawkeye) doesn't really include you, no offense. Just from the content of your posts. If I'm being too rude then someone can delete my posts or whatever, but I'm just trying to keep Carl players correctly informed. That being said...

Im sorry to be rude, but alot of the few resets carls has will not work if done with a rinse & repeat because a person will catch on eventually. Also once again you expect a person to play smart when fighting carl,, and paying attention to ada is a very smart thing to do. However yes you are right alot of these setups have escape holes,, i posed up not only ones that are air tight but not safe (ROM into full charged 6C reset & Fuacco reset) along with those that are not so safe and are a bit more unorthodox purposely pitting the persons attention against them (2a/2D reset) all can work and are all valuable. When you do the vivace ada has already started to move out of fear a person will block if they do decide to swing because they heard vivace and noticed ada isnt using 6D,, time will be up and they will clash. If done correctly the moment you are on the opposite side 2D is already inches away from hitting them & any normal person would stand and try to block the 2D. However a 2a is coming simultaneously this setup is a legit UB just so you know.

VivaceA>2A>2D isn't a reset that requires you to play smart to defend it. VivaceA has 30F frames of recovery, so you literally just have to either mash or react to the vivace and do something. And anyone with any experience in the Carl matchup should be able to do that. Expecting a player not to play smart isn't valid in deciding whether or not a reset is good. Saying "Well this reset is good if the player isn't smart" DOESN'T make it good. You can use it if you want, but it's not an optimal reset by any means. The 6B>4D/vivaceA reset can effectively punish mashing, DPs, jumpouts, not blocking the crossup of course, as well as do more damage if it lands. That's what makes it good. Same for 5B>2B>6B>2D or 5B>6B>vivaceA>2D.

If you do not agree then that is your personal opinion, however to insinuate that i do not know what i am talking about is just a complete insult. Something i was hoping to avoid however,, you can take your snide ass, stink ass comments and keep them to your self. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE THEM THEN DO NOT COME INTO THIS THREAD. Because a great carl player never uses the same trick more then once per-fight it forces the enemy off there toes and into a state of WTF DO I DO TO STOP GETTING HIT,
It's not opinion. It's proper strategy vs flawed strategy. Some of your resets are flawed when compared to other, much better resets. Yes you're right that you should keep the enemy on their toes by using different tricks. The problem is the tricks you're using.

and also if you knew anything that is anything you would know aside from the jd/3D reset(Including all variations, such as the haku-men version) all of carls other resets have some sort of way to get out. Whether it be mashing Dp, DD, holding 7,8, or 9, or even mashing grab. All of these resets & combos i have posted i posted because i used them at some point in time vs a person of higher mental capacity then you obviously. They can all be stopped by something, the only reason they work is because of the element of surprise.
Yes they are sometimes escapable. The difference is that there's a large number of ways to escape some of your resets vs using proper resets. Unless you execute them incorrectly, most of Carl's GOOD resets (and yes I mean outside of j.B>3D loop) will force the opponent to block or otherwise punish most of the "ways to get out" you listed. And the element of surprise doesn't work if you can just react to it.

Again sorry if I seem like an asshole. I don't actually care whether or not someone wants to use those resets, but there are much better options that can be used from the same starters. And when someone gives deficient information (I'm not saying all or even most of it is) and denies it stubbornly and illogically it always gets on my nerves, which is the cause of any confrontationalness. Many apologies and whatnot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZi9ozH-zZQ

@ 2:43

is the fuacco reset,, and if its not that useful why did SRZ get hit. An i would luv for you to tell me its cause he isnt good at the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8QGIjR0FpA&feature=plcp&context=C39e1547UDOEgsToPDskJM4AjqZbuBhkxEE7B9EmUJ

once again @0:43 this is the 2a/2D reset

and again that fight @ 3:30 this is your proof. It happens alot faster then you think it does

He also gets crossed up by vivaceA when nirvana isn't even attacking. That doesn't quite qualify as a solid defensive game. I can also show several games from top Jap players where resets like that are never used (and yes they use resets other than 3D>j.B) because they're simply not good

You are not understand my point tho,, im keeping the options open. It a combo thread,, meaning you post all forms of combos. Not just the most optimal,, if a person finds them useful then by all means dont use it. The same applies if a person believes that they are good,, which is why im keeping everything open.

An like i said at the very beginning of this thread,, if there is anything else you would like to add just post it and i will edit accordingly. Instead of being rude and giving your personal opinion on each of the combos saying "oh some are useless, and not optimal" your point =/ instead of complaining about how crappy you think some of them are why not give ones that you think are better. Because in my opinion, if a person attempts to block a move and its impossible to block it its valuable to me & worth of being used in my arsenal of tricks & trickery.

Also Isuyara, Zong, Kyle, & Hawkeye can all view this post just like you, and if there is something they believe is missing then they can say so.. hell as of now Isu can change the post his damn self if he feels something is a complete waist. Im saying that the way you approached the situation was very rude if you feel as tho this could have been done better.. Why didnt you start this thead so i wouldnt have had to waste my time because according to you its all bullshit. Instead of being a criticizer why not be helpful because i truly dont care about your opinion lol just how u obviously dont care about mines. So why not just post you resets so i can edit this thread and be done with this whole mess because you have just waisted time & for wat... to say you dont like my resets... thats nice but once again idc

Kay I'm about done with this... I offered resets I thought were better from the beginning. You responded with denial and notions that it's ok because they work in low level play. Again I wasn't giving a "personal opinion" I was stating that some of the resets were very sub-optimal. I'm assuming you created this thread to help people, and I have no problems with that, but I think in order to help, giving valid information is important.

Maybe I'm being rude but I didn't call your combos useless, crappy, or bullshit. I pointed out that TWO resets weren't very efficient or useable in high level play.

Instead of going into denial mode and instantly treating it like I attacked you, maybe you should try having a logical discussion rather than bringing up such ridiculous arguing points as "It's good if they're not smart" and "It works in netplay".

And I didn't make the thread myself because I have no problems with using the j.2C>j.B loop in my gameplay and wouldn't have much use for these combos other than the occasional volante full-screen or sandwich relaunch. Also BBCSE will be out in a few weeks, making this thread somewhat irrelevant. But the resets section for the most part will cross over to CSE and become a large part of Carl's gameplan, which is why I felt like discussing it.

Anyway, do what you will with the info. You obviously have no plans of ever acknowledging that what you provided could be wrong.

Whoa bros

I expect this kind of shit in valkenhayn/s-tier threads not in my kawaii uguu carl threads

Opinions are opinions and every input is read by others carefully such as myself

yall niggas haveto keep in mind that this is a combo thread so expect to see....well some combos dumb or not

its obvious that the MORE practical ones are out there and arent that many but some of the shit you guys noted could be seen in low level play which matters

So when is a CSE combo thread going up?

No Carl players got an import?

carl players all quit during CS2 and didnt bother importing lol.

But honestly, Carls "best" (best damage for nirvana bar) combos are the ones with jb j2c jb dj jb jc volante/8d/brio (corner)/6d... all the j2c allecan into 5c (nirvana hit) loops cost too much nirvana meter

I sat in training mode and made a combo in training mode (dont have the game anymore) which had like 6 nirvana moves (2d, volante, 4d, brio, 6d, 8d) and it only did like 300 more damage than the combos I'm seeing ryuusei do which has like 2d brio 6d and 8d lol.

I dont have the game anymore (borrowed from a friend who sold his copy coz he quit the game lol), but all the combos I ended up practicing gave 50+ meter and did good damage but killed nirvana a lot.

fun combos lol

oh also, NOC midscreen forward throw if you have 100% meter can do 150% meter combo for 6363 damage. That was so fun.

just take it that any combo = 3-4k and 50+% meter. weeeeeeeeee

Good, good.

Any advice for getting those Nirvana inputs out right? I'm new to this advance level of buffering.

Good, good.

Any advice for getting those Nirvana inputs out right? I'm new to this advance level of buffering.

It just takes practice really. My first character was Carl so it was never really a problem learning to get D moves out so much as learning to play Blazblue in general. But for me it helps to remember you should be letting go of the D button at the same time you would be pressing a button to get a special out with other chars.

If you're having any specific problems I might be able to help more :S

Also shout outs to being loyal to Carl through every iteration of BB <3

is there a way to connect carls astral distortion, i've seen some characters that combos into their astral finish, if there isnt then his astral is useless since it takes 10 seconds to explode

There are ways but (like most astral set up) better finishing with a normal distortion, but if I recall they take another burst to work or use the j2C>jB loop into it from one end of the screen to the next.

Can I get Like five basic and easy carl combos just so I can start learning the caracter.

C-O-N (sandwich)

5B>5C(9)>6D>j.2C>j.B x[number] (not the easiest but basically 90% of what you need for CS2 Carl)

2A>5A>5B>2B>6B>6D>6C

5B>6B>236C>6B (or delayed 5C)>sj.B>2C>j.B>[8D]dj.B>j.C>8D[hit] --Use brio for the corner. The timing will be right as you do j.C

Some easy beginner resets:

5B>2B>5C>3D(as you do 5C so there's no/not a huge window to jumpout, depending on how you've prorated it)>jump and hang till you're low enough to dash and still hit them if they're crouching (diff for some chars)>66 j.B>j.C --I'd also suggest barrier blocking while in the air

2A>5A>5B>6B>4D>236A [x2]>44>5C (or 5B depending on spacing) into air combo

Challenge Mode combos would probably be helpful for you as well, but a lot of it will just take practice.

Hope that helps :)