Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akira-Shiro

[CS2] Carl Combo Thread

Iv noticed that everyone who visits here keeps complaining about our lack of combo's. Since we play carl its not really about our combos but more about how we can get into our loop/UB setup. However i do understand that some people have the urge to do combos >.> me being one of them. So why not post up a combo thread ^-^ If i missed something please let me know. It also has crossup combos too.

Throw:N-C-O

*B+C>j2c-allecan>2D>236a>j2c-allecan>5c>jb>jb>j2c>jc>8D

*4B+C>2d>j2c-allecan>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>8D

*4B+C>4D>66>5c>jb>j2c(Volante)>jb>8jb>jc>volante>(j2c>allegreto>8D) or (3c>22d>236a)

Throw:C-O-N

*B+C>5c>2D>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>8D

*B+C>4d>66>5c>jb>j2c(volante)>jb>8jb>jc>volante>(j2c>allegreto>8d) or (3c>22d>236a)

Air Throw:C-O-N

*jB+C>5c>jc>4D>66>jb>j2c>allegreto>8d>jb>jb>jc

*JB+C>5c>2D>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc

N-C-O

*5b>6b>cantabile>jb>j2c(volante)>jb>jb>j2c>jc>volante/22D>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc

*5b>6b>cantabile(2D)>5c>2D>236a>j2c-allecan>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>8D>j2c>jb>Jb>j2c>jc

*6C>5b>cantabile>5c>2D>236a>j2c-allecan>5c>volante>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>8D

C-O-N

*5b>5c>cantabile>4D>66>5c>jb>j2c(volante)>jb>8jb>jc>volante>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>8D

*5b>5c>cantabile>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>(volante)jc>volante>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>8D

*6c>5b>cantabile>4d>66>5c>jb>j2c(volante)>jb>8jb>jc>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>8D

*CH3c>fermata>j2c-allecan>(4D)5c>jc>4D>66>5c>jb>j2c(volante)>jb>8jb>jc>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc

Crossup/UB resets(besides jb/3d reset)

*5b>5c>6d>j2c>jb>j2c>jb>jc>5b>6b(fuaco)236a>crossup fuaco>IAD jc>5b>6b>cantabile>jb>j2c(volante)>jb>jb>j2c>jc>22D>j2c>jc total 6k

*5b>5c>6d>jc>5b>6b>ROM>ROM hit # 3>6b>j2c-allecan>6b>j2c-allecan>6b>6Ccharge>ROM 2 extra hits>opponet resets/blocks automaticly> ROM hit number #8-10hit are blocked >6cfull charged hits(reset)>ROM final hit>jb>j2c(volante)>jb>jb>j2c>jc>volante>3c>22d>236a total 5k

*Any 8D ender into 3c>jump/3D>jc (If they roll 3d resets, if they neutral tech automatic UB, Jc will more then likely clash with most Dp's. Havnt tested all of them though)

*5b>5c>6d>j2c>jb>j2c>jb>jc>5b>6b(2D)>236a>2a/2D reset

*5b>5c>6D>j2c>jb>j2c>jb>jc>2a>2B>5B(2D)>6B/2d reset

Corner

*3c>2d>j2c>5c>4D>7jc>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>brio>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>8D

*5b>5c>cantabile>5c>2D>j2c-allecan>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>brio>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>8D

Burst Midscreen

*CH3c/CH6B>jABCD>fermata>j2c-allecan>5c>jc>4d>66>5c>jb>j2c(volante)>jb>8jb>jc>volante>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>8D>fermata>3c>gearDD

Burst Corner

*CH3c/CH6B>jABCD>fermata>j2c(2D)>jb>jc>2D>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>brio>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>8D>j2c>allegreto>8D>fermata

150% combo

*CH6B/CH3c>jABCD>fermata>ABCD>fermata>j2c(2D)>jb>jc>2D>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>brio>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb>jc>8D>j2c>allegreto>8D>fermata

Im almost 100% sure i aint miss anything >.> at least i think. Hope you all enjoy it and if i am missing something please do let me know and ill edit right away <.< or whenever i get back on DL.

Yes its optimal if thats what your asking,,,, except the grabs ones. Im not big on grabbing, so i cant really say. As for the combos they are as optimal as i can make them.

So I decided to officially endeavor to be a not-so-scrubby Carl, but these combos look pretty daunting to just try out. Is there a video of these anywhere so that I can kind of follow along?

Lol unfortunately the only vids of carl up are those of him doing different setups to do the reset/loop. This is the best i can do for you, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do8ugEO6mSk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaQCUJRMYcg

@ 00:00 is and example of the 4D combo

@ 00:53 shows the use of the 4D reset

those are pretty much all the combos you will be doing besideds the volante combo... and that is part of carls challege mode. First finish challange mode then come back and take a look at the combo thread.

Well like, I've done Carl's challenges, but I can't always do them. It's more like, I can do them in training mode, but not in a match. I choke really often. I noticed those are CS1 combos, will most still work in CS2? Or do any of the Carls in the forum have matches of themselves that I can study? :P

Both of the combo's i listed will work in cs2. If the combos didnt work in CS2 i wouldnt have to you to do them.Also im not understanding. In all actuality the only combo that wont work in cs2 is the volante combo because volante has same move proration now. So he hasnt changed at all since cs1 that and the 2D combo that use to be our bread and butter. Also im not understanding, if you kno the combos but cannot execute them properly then just continue to practice.

The reason people complain about how carl was changed in cs2 is because our combos are limited to just a select few optimal ones,, im also not understanding something. What do you mean by "follow along" is it that you cannot read the the numbers in the the combo, because i find it hard to believe you cannot visualize the combo in your head. If you would like to highlight some combos you wish to try out and i will translate them for you.

*CTRL+F 3D*

*Sees no loop>reset combos*

so...

6B or 2B Low starter:

[2B]>6B>623C22D>2C236B>283j.BD>8dj.C>j.1C>j.1B>j.2A(Only do if 6B Starter)>j.1C>j.3AD>j.5B>

6C>Wait>6B>623C22D>2C236B>283j.BD>8dj.C>j.1C>j.1B>j.2A>j.1C>j.3AD>j.5B>

2A>5B>6B>623C22D>2C236B>283j.BD>8dj.C>j.1C>j.2A>j.3AD>j.5B>

Resets to

Reset Combo:

82J.C214C>5B>6CD(Should come out as 5C Then Doll Punch)>j.2C>j.1B>j.2A>j.1C>j.2B>j.2A>j.C>j.3AD>j.5B> Repeat

82J.C214C>5B>6B>623C+Back up doll a bit>5C>9j.3BD>8dj.C>j.2C>j.1B>j.2A>j.1C>j.2AD>j.5B>Repeat

And if you feel like being a little flashy for the end:

82J.C214C>5B>6B>623C+Back up doll a bit>5C>9j.3BD>8dj.C>j.2C>j.1B>j.5C>5B>632146C>214214D (100% heat)

Both of the combo's i listed will work in cs2. If the combos didnt work in CS2 i wouldnt have to you to do them.Also im not understanding. In all actuality the only combo that wont work in cs2 is the volante combo because volante has same move proration now. So he hasnt changed at all since cs1 that and the 2D combo that use to be our bread and butter. Also im not understanding, if you kno the combos but cannot execute them properly then just continue to practice.

The reason people complain about how carl was changed in cs2 is because our combos are limited to just a select few optimal ones,, im also not understanding something. What do you mean by "follow along" is it that you cannot read the the numbers in the the combo, because i find it hard to believe you cannot visualize the combo in your head. If you would like to highlight some combos you wish to try out and i will translate them for you.

Ah ok, if they still work then that's fine, I just wasn't sure if they'd have to be tweaked or something? Like for example, in some of the combos, Carl does jC and continues to air combo, but in CS2 it knocks down, so it looks like some of the moves would need to be changed/reordered, right? Yeah, my execution is the problem. Or I guess the bigger problem is that I just hate practicing because I get bored of it really quickly. I like to practice new stuff in actual matches with people but I don't have a lot of time to play because of schoolwork/actual work. When I finally get a chance, it's been weeks and I'm really out of practice (again) and I basically have to start whatever I was trying to learn over from scratch.

One of the most difficult things in learning Carl for me was timing. Basically, it really helps if I can see what the combo is supposed to look like so that I know what the timing is and it'll be easier for me to learn/memorize. Sure, I can visualize what moves I'm supposed to be doing when I read the combo, but for me, it's really not at all the same as seeing it. I guess a good way to put it would be like looking at sheet music before trying to play a new song and trying to imagine what the notes sound like in your head, versus actually hearing the song play as you read the music. It's just better.

oh.

Well ok.

I dont usually use normal comboes but:

CA>421D>j.2C214C>421D5C>j.4BD>j.5C>dash under>j.5B>dj.8BD>j.5C>Land on ground>j.2C214C>j.5C236236D (100% heat, Starts from Counter Assault, Not big damage, but allows you to do an unblockable 6C to start another combo.)

6B>623C421D>5C>j.4BD>j.5C>dash under>j.5B>dj.8BD>j.5C>Land on ground>j.2C214C>j.5C236236D (50% heat allows you to do an unblockable 6C to start another combo.)

Yeah i dont focus on big damage but instead try to set up for favorable positions with any character I play (in a real match though, i just derp out and get greedy with the combos i reset to and drop em due to trying to net too many hits.)

Wow, I really don't know why people want a carl combo thread

Carl is a character who has the luxury (and slight disadvantage) of making YOUR combos his combos. In other words, looking at this combos is like X_X to me since you would be better off experimenting in training mode since you have tons of options.

The only combo that should be in this thread... 5B,6B,623C.... then you are on your own lol

but I can see why people want to see the actual combos (4D(the slap), loop reset, volante, etc.)

As far as grabbing goes, I'd cut out the 2D in that first CON one to conserve meter and just go B+C >J2.C Alle~can>sj.B>j.2C>j.b>j.b>J.2C>J.C>8]D[

Probably slightly less damage but same oki potential and uses less meter.

SHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >X/ u gotta leave that up to them to decided. depending on the situation they will need to edit any combo anyway they see fit. Leave the rest to the imagination,, dont just give it away.

I'm trying Carl challenge and I have problems trying to combo j.B, j.2C, j.B

I don't get j.2C to combo into j.B, it seems I need to press a direction or a button after j.2C to combo anything after it, but it simply doesn't work always. Where's the trick? Thanks :)

Edit: I figured out, you can combo after j.2C only if you are in the ascending part of the jump, please confirm or fix if I'm wrong :)

In other words, looking at this combos is like X_X to me since you would be better off experimenting in training mode since you have tons of options

I don't get the sense of this, I think there are probably "best optimal" combos to learn with every character, am I wrong? Please explain and help me because I'm new to BlazBlue and I'm thinking about playing Carl so a list of things to learn first woul'd be really useful :D

You aren't wrong but carl is just a character with more freedom. Yes there are optimal things to do after certain hit confirms but in no way does that mean you are ineffective if you don't/can't do them. Also in CS2 he's really weak if you dont abuse his loop against people who know how to block your mix ups, but that looks like it's changing soon~

Crossup/UB resets(besides jb/3d reset)

1. *5b>5c>6d>j2c>jb>j2c>jb>jc>5b>6b(fuaco)236a>crossup fuaco>IAD jc>5b>6b>cantabile>jb>j2c(volante)>jb>jb>j2c>jc>22D>j2c>jc total 6k

2. *5b>5c>6d>jc>5b>6b>ROM>ROM hit # 3>6b>j2c-allecan>6b>j2c-allecan>6b>6Ccharge>ROM 2 extra>opponet resets/blocks> ROM hit number #8-10hit & force block>6cfull charged(reset)>ROM final hit>jb>j2c(volante)>jb>jb>j2c>jc>volante>3c>22d>236a total 5k

3. *Any 8D ender into 3c>jump/3D>jc

(If they roll 3d resets, if they neutral tech automatic UB, Jc will more then likely clash with most Dp's. Havnt tested all of them though)

4. *5b>5c>6d>j2c>jb>j2c>jb>jc>5b>6b(2D)>236a>2a/2D reset

I didn't get a chance to read the whole post but some of these resets are very sub-optimal... Even outside of 3D/j.B loop

I numbered them so I can explain.

1. Crossing up with fuoco, unless very specifically timed, will either give them a huge window to jump out or react to the cross-up or combo and not cross-up all together. And from what you've written doing fuoco after or even as you do 6B will give them a window to jump out/react. An optimal reset would be 5B>5C>6D>(j.2C>j.B)x2>j.C>as you land 2D[2D]>5B>6B>236a>236a into a combo. Or a still 5B>5C>6D>(j.2C>j.B)x2>j.C>4D>236a>236a would be a much more reliable reset.

2. Looks ok but no time to read all of it :S

3. Good

4.I'm not sure I would even call vivace into 2a/2D a reset... sounds more like an "oops I completely miss-timed 2D QUICK USE 2A!!!" moment. But you should instead be timing 2D into 6B for a true unblockable or vivaceB instead as a DP safe cross-up.

I have to go to work now so I'll look through anything else later :v:

I didn't get a chance to read the whole post but some of these resets are very sub-optimal... Even outside of 3D/j.B loop

I numbered them so I can explain.

1. Crossing up with fuoco, unless very specifically timed, will either give them a huge window to jump out or react to the cross-up or combo and not cross-up all together. And from what you've written doing fuoco after or even as you do 6B will give them a window to jump out/react. An optimal reset would be 5B>5C>6D>(j.2C>j.B)x2>j.C>as you land 2D[2D]>5B>6B>236a>236a into a combo. Or a still 5B>5C>6D>(j.2C>j.B)x2>j.C>4D>236a>236a would be a much more reliable reset.

2. Looks ok but no time to read all of it :S

3. Good

4.I'm not sure I would even call vivace into 2a/2D a reset... sounds more like an "oops I completely miss-timed 2D QUICK USE 2A!!!" moment. But you should instead be timing 2D into 6B for a true unblockable or vivaceB instead as a DP safe cross-up.

I have to go to work now so I'll look through anything else later :v:

Im not sure what you are doing,, but the combo does not leave a window for them to jump out,, i know for this is something i use often. Unless the person is holding 7,8,9 and even then the window is still extremely small it might actually catch the person out of the jump. Its a strong possibility that you are just doing it wrong. Also i thinkg you are misunderstanding what i mean when i put 6B(Fuaco)>236a. When i put this it means fuaco needs to be coming out right about now,, so that the 236a becomes a crossup.

As for the 2D 236a 2a thing its completely unsafe, im fully aware of this. If a person is mashing they can easly hit you & if they are holding 7,8,or 9 during your hits then yes they will be able to jump out for free. Lol unfortunatly that is not my fault nore is it my concern, if a person does not respect you during a match its your job to make them. If you want to be real about it, if a person is mashing using overheads is a stupid thing to do cause you will get hit except a select few characters. However if a person is playing using only reaction,, everyone of these combos will work & will be legit. Why you would calculate free nigs who hold up & mash during block strings im not to sure. But yes the 2b>5b>6B/2D reset is a more optimal thing to do,,, it doesnt look nearly as flashy as mine :cool: lol

Lol unfortunatly that is not my fault nor is it my concern, if a person does not respect you during a match its your job to make them. If you want to be real about it,

Well, they shouldn't be mashing in the first place, it's got nothing to do with respect. However you are right, if your Carl is mixing up your opponent on a consistent basis, you shouldn't worry about being mashed out of vivace, they won't really be respectful until you give them a good beatdown first, in other words, make them look free

and this made me lol, I might even make it my quote

Why you would calculate free nigs who hold up & mash during block strings im not to sure.

Truth be told, this is basically what everybody online does, so if you're going for any trophies or Achievements then you NEED to calculate this.

For us poor souls who live in... maine (middle of no where) online is all we have. I deal with all manner of mashing.