Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghaleon

Season's Beatings: Velocity - Oct. 14-16, 2011. Columbus, OH. GG/BB tournies!

Godlike Entertainment presents:

Season’s Beatings: The Mecca of Marvel and Origin of “IT’S MAHVEL BABY!” Six years of All-Star players and Dream-Team Special Events. One more year at a legendary venue.

Chris Hatala (Ghaleon), Harmon Tam (nomrah) and FUGEE are teaming up to drive one of the world’s largest tournaments toward a new future, at breakneck Velocity.

Starring IFC Yipes as MC!

Facebook: Season’s Beatings Tournament Series

Twitter: gdlkEnt

YouTube: SeasonsBeatingsGDLK

Registration/News: http://godlike-entertainment.com/

Dustloop! We know Guilty Gear and BlazBlue still have huge followings, which is why we've worked with community members to ensure your games are repped at Season's Beatings again, properly.

Friday night: Guilty Gear: AC. This will be able to run 7 p.m.-2 a.m., on dedicated 2-3 CRTs. You can run as much as you like (singles+teams+etc).

Sunday morning: BlazBlue:CS2. We will have 4 ASUS monitors available for your use all day/evening.

I've already been in touch with community members who pushed hard for us to add GG and BB into the schedule, and we're definitely happy to host it for you guys. I'm personally happy to see that support and love of the games you play.

We will most likely be using the karaoke rooms for casuals, so you can nab those on site on tourney off-hours. This is our LAST year at Momos, and you guys have been amazing to us over the years. NEXT YEAR we will have way more space at our updated site!

Please register as a spectator through our website (just venue fee) if you're attending SB and not playing any of the games listed there, as we have to CAP the venue size again (which we won't have to do in the future -- that's the reason for the move). Walk-in registrations might be possible at an increased fee but this event will most likely SELL OUT in advance. Everyone registrant gets a free gift that is cooler than a lanyard that you're never going to use again, too, and we will have other prizes you can win as well.

We hope you'll come out this year and SB will continue its tradition of great, hype tournaments for ANY game supported by a traveling community. And if you hang out to watch the events, we promise that it's one of the experiences the FGC has to offer. Hope to see you in October! And THANK YOU to the DL community for the "In Real Life" award for our work since 2006 with Season's Beatings!

If you have questions, you can post here but it will be much faster to hit us up on our Facebook or Twitter page. Thanks!

------

Last year 700 players from 40+ states and a half-dozen countries, along with hundreds of thousands of viewers, watched Daigo rescue Team World from defeat with an unforgettable flourish (10:45) at Team U.S.’s hands in a 5-on-5 extravaganza.

Justin Wong achieved Redemption against his Evo 2010 nemesis, Gamerbee -- but in the end Gamerbee in turn Redeemed himself and won the 412-player SSFIV tournament.

This October, together with media and promotions by Team Spooky, Cross Counter, and SB/Evo motion graphics artist Seth Mussey, Season’s Beatings: Velocity bids a final farewell to our roots as we merge OG with the New Age of Hype.

We'd like to thank our sponsors: Brokentier, EventHubs, FocusFire, and Cross Counter

Wish to have your organization featured on-site or in front of the millions-strong SB/Spooky viewership?

Contact our team at hatalawriting@gmail.com.

Confirmed Special Events:

Friday night:

**Super SFIV: Arcade Ed. - Mystery Player Special Exhibition**

**East Coast vs. West Coast – Marvel 3 runback, 5-on-5 Round Robin**

East Coast were hungry, and we're making it happen. RUN-IT-BACK.

Saturday night:

**The $1,000 MAHVEL Broken Bracket, sponsored by Brokentier**

-- 16 Grandmasters, Mystery Format – only one pockets the cash in this final MvC2 event

**Civil War: Good vs. Evil - Season’s Beatings: Velocity Main Event (MvC3)**

An epic in the making since Day 1 of MvC3's release.

When and Where:

Friday, October 14, through Sunday, October 16, 2011 -- Three FULL days of Beatings.

MoMo2 -- Google maps directions

2885 Olentangy River Road

Columbus, OH 43202-1510

(614) 784-0888

MoMo's has a GREAT kitchen serving Asian dishes. They have bubble tea and a full drinks menu, including alcohol for those 21 and over. Please support them and do not bring outside food/drink to the venue.

This is our FINAL international event at MoMo’s. Come party and make some memories!

These hotels are all within walking distance.

Venue fee is $35, pre-registration/pre-payment only, and the rate will go up in late Sept. Please pre-pay and reserve your room ASAP.

Spectators will pay the same rate because of the venue cap, so it's worth your while to play some games.

Hotel Information

1st option (close to sold out):

Red Roof Inn Columbus - The Ohio State University

441 Ackerman Rd

Columbus, OH 43202

614-267-9941

Group Name: Season's Beatings

Block Code: B121Season

Group Rate: $59.99/night + Tax

2nd option:

University Plaza Hotel and Conference Center

3110 Olentangy River Rd.

Columbus , Ohio 43202

614-267-7461 or 877-677-5292

Group Code: "SBR11"

Group Rate: $109/night + Tax

--We have a couple dozens rooms and they must be ordered by 9/22.

We can get more rooms as long as you guys book soon. Please

use University Plaza as your 2nd option (after the Red Roof). They

are located right across the street from Momo's.

3rd option:

Fairfield Inn & Suites OSU

3031 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, OH 43202

(614) 267-1111

This is another nearby hotel, unfortunately we were unable to secure a group rate here.

PRE-REG procedure will be posted by Aug. 21

We have limited venue passes, but we will try our best to accommodate interested media.

Please contact us at hatalawriting@gmail.com for details.

No WALK-IN registration. This event will SELL OUT at venue's capacity.

All official HD tournament games will run on Focus Fire PS3s and Asus monitors

Official Games List:

· Friday:

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3) -- $20 -- ($5,000 pot minimum, Top 32 payout)

- Pool 1-4: 2 p.m.

- Pool 5-8: 4 p.m.

- Pool 9-12: 6 p.m.

- Pool 13-16: 8 p.m.

-

3rd Strike - 3v3 Teams (PS3) -- $10/player

- 4:30 p.m.

-

** Super SFIV:Arcade Ed. – Mystery Player Exhibition)**

- 10 p.m.

-

**East Coast vs. West Coast -- (MvC3) (5-on-5 Round Robin)**

- 11 p.m.

++ Community-run Side games++

Guilty Gear:AC (Friday night - PS2)

· Saturday:

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Ed. (PS3) -- $20 -- ($5,000 pot minimum, Top 32 payout)

- Pool 1-4: 10 a.m.

- Pool 5-8: 12:30 p.m.

- Pool 9-12: 3 p.m.

- Pool 13-16: 5:30 p.m.

-

Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Two H2H Cab setups w/PSX ports) - ($50 entry, Top 5 payout)

- 11 a.m.

-

Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3) -- $10

- Pool 1-3: 2 p.m.

- Pool 4-6: 4:30 p.m.

- Pool 7-8: 7 p.m.

-

**$1,000 MAHVEL Broken Bracket, sponsored by Brokentier (DC)**

- 9 p.m.

-

**Civil War: Good vs. Evil - Main Event (MvC3)**

- 11 p.m.

Tekken 6 (Saturday night, run by Princesa Stacy - PS3)

Guilty Gear:AC (Friday night - PS2)

· Sunday:

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Qualifiers – Top 32à Top 16

- 10 a.m.

Super SFIV: Arcade Ed. Qualifiers – Top 32à Top 16

- 12 a.m.

Super SFIV:Arcade Ed. Celebrity Team Tournament

- 2 p.m

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Finals

- 5 p.m.

Super SFIV: Arcade Ed. Finals

- 7:30 p.m.

BlazBlue:CS2(Sunday morning - PS3)

Curious about the Payout?

Check out the most recent PowerUp podcast for a detailed breakdown, including what led us to know that the FGC is finally ready for $20 main tournament entry fees.

Payout Structure (SSF4/MvC3), $5,000 guaranteed. (Expected pot total is between $6,000-$8,000)

1st: 50% ($2,500 guaranteed)

2nd: 20% ($1,000 guaranteed)

3rd: 10% ($500 " ")

4th: 7% ($350 " ")

5th: 4% ($200 "")

5th: 4% ($200 " ")

7th: 2.5% ($125 " ")

7th: 2.5% ($125 " ")

9th - 16th - $55 (venue $35 + entry $20)

17th - 32nd - $20 (entry)

Top 32 (i.e. those who make it out of pools) will also receive an upcoming bonus in appreciation of their accomplishment.

**Rules:**

Evo standard rules across all games (including no wireless pads). Also:

-Super Turbo: 3/5 throughout, 4/7 for Grand Finals.

-3rd Strike: It's up to you to arrange your three-man team and inform Ghaleon of your team name + members. If you're unable to get two or three teammates, you will be assigned to a random team.

With that said ALL side games or Unofficial Team Tournaments are not GUARANTEED to finish at MOMOS. As a Tournament Runner you will be responsible for the players MONEY and relocation (Hotel rooms being an Option) of these tournaments if MAIN games take priority due to time or resources. We have very little leeway in scheduling.

If you are planning on bringing any equipment Systems/Games/Boards etc. Please PM or Facebook me or Harmon. Thanks to Focus Fire we will be almost completely covered.

Many, many more details to come, regarding media, production, online content, and top guests in all games. We're setting up a website where we can directly engage YOU, the players spending hard-earned money to come to our event. Expect big things from the smallest games. GET AT US about what else you want to see at this event!

For now, post up or contact Chris or Harmon through PM or Facebook ("Chris Ghaleon Hatala", “Harmon Tam”) with questions/feedback/advice.

We can’t wait to party one more year at Momo’s along with you, our friends from across the world who make these events possible!

The GG and BB tournaments will be run on the main floor -- it's just that we the SB staff will not personally run them. You can nab casuals whenever and wherever you can, but yes, definitely the tournaments will be fun on the floor.

Hey guys, this is Astral from SRK forums, I ran Naptown Clash (Indianapolis) in Aug. 2009, any update on who will run this? If no one has stepped up to do so I am willing to run the bracket and on site sign-ups.

What software is being used now for tourneys? I used the Tio 2yrs ago, does that still get used, or another equivalent? http://allisbrawl.com/tio/

Payouts - 70/20/10 ?

Double Elim

I know there was already a thread up, but I figured something official (with registration and schedule) would be good for Dustloop. Is it possible to migrate the first post into the other thread, or the other thread's replies into this one?

I know there was already a thread up, but I figured something official (with registration and schedule) would be good for Dustloop. Is it possible to migrate the first post into the other thread, or the other thread's replies into this one?

This is an excellent question. Or I could just copy/paste all of the above into the first post of the other thread...

you talking about GG or BB? As far as software, I don't know the official ruling, but my opinion is that it doesn't matter that much. My main concern right now is getting people to sign up:(

I'll post when I figure it out. Ghaleon said somebody approached him about it, but I don't know anything more than that. As far as setups, he said definitely no CRTs will be needed, but bring your system/game if you can i'd say. no real count on that stuff yet.

you talking about GG or BB? As far as software, I don't know the official ruling, but my opinion is that it doesn't matter that much. My main concern right now is getting people to sign up:(

my question was in reference to GG

Any word on who's running GG yet or how many setups we need?

I would suggest bringing your own labeled copy of the game, PS2, and CRT. GG is a side-tourney at this event, and they will not be providing support for it (that is my understanding from reading the SRK SB thread)

my question was in reference to GG

I would suggest bringing your own labeled copy of the game, PS2, and CRT. GG is a side-tourney at this event, and they will not be providing support for it (that is my understanding from reading the SRK SB thread)

from SRK SB thread (Ghaleon): The gift-shop area is accounted for already. btw all those interested in side games don't have to worry about bringing a CRT TV, just a system/game. The main problem is floorspace. Harmon, Fugee and I will try to figure out how to accommodate as much side stuff as possible. We already have 20 stations accounted for the main game of the day (MvC3/SSF4) so we'll try to do the best we can for everyone!

Also if you hash us on FB or Twitter, please use #SBVI -- that matches with "6" and "Velocity" (although we've officially away with numbers in the event name since SB:R last year)

(emphasis added)

Hi guys,

The Kansas City community has a few players coming that would like to participate in the BB tournament:

snipermav

prod1gy

blackphantom

DatBoiSTL

blargh (maybe)

dhoppler (maybe)

Thanks everyone for your interest in SB -- we'll do our best to keep you all happy and give you casual space as well.

If you have direct questions you want answered fastest, best way to get ahold of us is through the Season's Beatings Tournament Series facebook page or at gdlkEnt on Twitter. Thanks!

Also, should go without saying but definitely bring your controller for either game, esp for GG, as HRAPs and other Playstation 1-2-compatible sticks are at a premium these days.

It'll be a side tourney, if anything. Ghaleon and co. aren't focusing on games like GG/BB as main events since they'd just rather make the big games...bigger. If you're interested in BB just register as a spectator or something and play in the BB tourney when it goes down.

It'll be a side tourney, if anything. Ghaleon and co. aren't focusing on games like GG/BB as main events since they'd just rather make the big games...bigger. If you're interested in BB just register as a spectator or something and play in the BB tourney when it goes down.

While your information is technically correct, the tone is unfair toward Ghaleon and those guys. I know Ghaleon has a lot of love for the dead games, and SB is still trying to have one last event for Marvel 2. In addition, even up until last year, SB has always been very supportive of the GG community, putting up pot bonuses even though none of the organizers personally play the game. I don't know if you've been to Momo's before, or to SB, but the issue that is preventing them from having official tournaments in every game is space. It's an awesome place for a tournament, especially back a few years ago when the big games were 3rd Strike, GG, and Marvel 2, it was an excellent place for a tournament, but with the advent of SFIV, and now Marvel 3, there's just too many people coming to tournaments for a place like Momo's. The big games this year are just going to need too many TVs, and that means there won't be a lot of room for multiple official tournaments. This is sad for sure, but if they don't give space to the main games, the tournament will simply take more time than can be spent in one weekend.

Um, so hopefully that doesn't freak anybody out. These tournaments will happen, but basically Ghaleon and co. will leave the details to others and hope we can get it done with the recources alotted us.

I didn't mean for it to sound that way, I know Ghaleon's all about the old-school stuff. My bad? The "if anything" was simply in reference to "we need people who want to play these games if they're gonna be played" and so far there hasn't been a huge response from the community just yet voicing interest. We've got like 10 people interested in either game, and half of those still aren't confirmed to be coming.

you guys know how much it'll cost to enter the cs2 tournament?

EDIT: also about registration, when i pre-register, do i have to pay it now or do i pay it when i get there?

EDIT 2: alright i talked to dad and he said we have to leave first thing on sunday because he has to do a 9hr drive. so i'll probably show up for casuals. what time will you guys be able to do cs2 casuals on friday and saturday?

I apologize for the late response, but Ky-Sama and I were having a lot of trouble with having the days off for SB, but now, we are finally able to attend and we will be RUNNING the Guilty Gear XX AC side tournament(s) at Seasons Beatings: Velocity!

We understand that the EVO GG tournaments did not run and finish as well as we would have liked them to, but this time will be different; we have recently purchased a Laptop for school (so that the brackets will be created and seeded VERY QUICKLY), will be bringing our recording equipment (matches WILL BE recorded) and we will be DQing people who do not show up on time/holds up the tournament-- so please make sure that you check with the TOs before leaving the area, and please report your wins/losses... Again, we plan to start and finish on time, so that teams can happen and finish, as well. Regarding the time: Due to the Venue practically opening for the MvC3 pools, Fugee told me that the EARLIEST we can start the tournament is at 7:00PM, but because the venue closes late (1AM or 2AM, IIRC), we can STILL run teams after singles finish (or finish top 8-3 on Sunday), if everyone shows up and the tournament runs as quickly/smoothly as possible.

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Side Tournament(s) at Seasons Beatings: Velocity

MoMo2 -- Google maps directions

2885 Olentangy River Road

Columbus, OH 43202-1510

(614) 784-0888

SRK thread: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/oct-14-2011-seasons-beatings-velocity-ft-poongko-sf4-mvc3-5-000-grtd-top32-columbus-oh.143654/

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (PS2) - Singles

Date:

Friday, October 14th, 2011.

Start time:

7:00PM

Sign-ups:

5:00PM-6:30PM

Entry fee:

$5.00

Pot will be split 75%/25% (1st/2nd), or if there's a decent amount of people (>20) 70%/20%/10% (1st/2nd/3rd).

Rules:

- 2/3 matches, 2/3 rounds; Grand Finals 3/5.

- Double Elimination Bracket.

- Player may change character after loss; winner is not allowed to change character.

- Glitches are allowed, game breaking glitches are not.

- EX characters, GG Mode, Kliff and Justice, are all prohibited. However, the extra colors will be legal (aside from Shadow and Gold).

- Button mapping is allowed.

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (PS2) - 3v3 Teams (Tentative/If time permits)

Date:

Friday, October 14th, 2011 (after singles)* or Sunday, October 15th, 2011, time TBD

Entry fee:

$5.00 per team member.

Pot will be split 75%/25% (1st/2nd), or if there's a decent amount of people (>20) 70%/20%/10% (1st/2nd/3rd).

Rules:

- Each player MUST use same character for the entire duration of the tournament, players are not allowed to use the same character as their team member(s)-- Ex: Slayer/Testament/Slayer, etc.

- After team member loses match, next team member plays.

- No EX, gold, or shadow characters.

- Kliff and Justice are banned.

- Button mapping is allowed.

If a player fails show up 10 minutes after being called for his/her match, then he/she will be sent to the loser's bracket and/or disqualified. However, this may change if he/she is still in his/her pool for another tournament (ex: MvC3, SSF4, etc). We would like to allow the tournament(s) to run smoothly & on time, so please try to arrive on time for your match-- in order to make things easier for everyone.

If it is all right with everyone, I will start a pre-reg list. Please post or PM your name, location and if possible, days you will be at SB/other games you have entered (if necessary). To ensure that everyone is seeded correctly, your location is REQUIRED. However, on site sign-ups are also welcomed, but IMO, pre-registering is better to ensure the bracket is made well in advance and to help everything run more smoothly...Also, if possible, please bring a set-up and extra copy of GGXX:AC. IMHO, we need AT LEAST 3 set-ups, even if there are less than 40 entrants. The more organized things are, the better the chances are of running teams. By the way, I will contact the SB staff (AGAIN) to try to guarantee that we will have space "reserved" for the tournament. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I was also considering adding a small pot-bonus for GG singles (not that I have a lot of money or anything, but I want to add more hype to the tournament(s) ).

Pre-reg list (SINGLES) :

1.Doragonkoroshi - Ohio

2.Dingofist - Ohio

3. SH_(?) - Ohio

4.Sans Protocol(?) - Tampa, FL

5. Kamui Moon - Elyria, OH

6. Amadeus - Hilliard, OH

7. mikenapalm(?) - Philly/ Jersey

8. MacArthurBlunts(?) - Breckenridge, CO

9. Abare-Ky - Phoenix, AZ

10. Holy Order-Troll- Phoenix, AZ

11. Astral - Indianapolis, IN

Set-Ups:

1. Kamui Moon - 2

2. A-K & HO-T - 1

3. Dingofist - 1

4. Astral - 1

Recording equipmint:

- DVD camcorder.

- Canon PowerShot A480 Digital Camera (LOL!).

- Tripod stand.

Again, apologizes for the late reply/announcment, but we have been working with Fugee and Ghaleon to organize this since August, so please post up or PM us if you are attending SB's and wish to pre-register. Also, please remember that you MUST PRE-REGISTER as a GUEST or PLAYER at http://www.godlike-entertainment.com/ to ATTEND Seasons Beatings-- you WILL NOT be let into the building if you DO NOT pre-register in advance...So please register ASAP. Help with the tournament, finding players and suggestions are always welcomed and encouraged. Get hype <3