Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghaleon

Season's Beatings: Velocity - Oct. 14-16, 2011. Columbus, OH. GG/BB tournies!

Just print your Paypal receipt and bring it with you, so that you will have proof of registration, in case there is a problem. IIRC, Ghaleon said they will be posting the pools before SB, so perhaps a week before?

So we know GG is running for sure, and we have great details on the whole shebang.

But what about Blazblue? I've got a couple friends who might be interested in that. Is anyone running it for sure yet?

Alphakami asked me to create a new thread, so that he can MERGE it correctly and rearrange the posts...

I apologize for the late response, but Ky-Sama and I were having a lot of trouble with having the days off for SB, but now, we are finally able to attend and we will be RUNNING the Guilty Gear XX AC side tournament(s) at Seasons Beatings: Velocity!

We understand that the EVO GG tournaments did not run and finish as well as we would have liked them to, but this time will be different; we have recently purchased a Laptop for school (so that the brackets will be created and seeded VERY QUICKLY), will be bringing our recording equipment (matches WILL BE recorded) and we will be DQing people who do not show up on time/holds up the tournament-- so please make sure that you check with the TOs before leaving the area, and please report your wins/losses... Again, we plan to start and finish on time, so that teams can happen and finish, as well. Regarding the time: Due to the Venue practically opening for the MvC3 pools, Fugee told me that the EARLIEST we can start the tournament is at 7:00PM, but because the venue closes late (1AM or 2AM, IIRC), we can STILL run teams after singles finish (or finish top 8-3 on Sunday), if everyone shows up and the tournament runs as quickly/smoothly as possible.

Regarding BB, if someone wishes to step up and run a BB tournament, then there is space available on Sunday morning/early afternoon. Please contact the SB staff (Ghaleon) for details regarding space, set-ups, organizing, etc....

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Side Tournament(s) at Seasons Beatings: Velocity

MoMo2 -- Google maps directions

2885 Olentangy River Road

Columbus, OH 43202-1510

(614) 784-0888

SRK thread: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php...bus-oh.143654/

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (PS2) - Singles

Date:

Friday, October 14th, 2011.

Start time:

7:00PM

Sign-ups:

5:00PM-6:30PM

Entry fee:

$5.00

Pot will be split 75%/25% (1st/2nd), or if there's a decent amount of people (>20) 70%/20%/10% (1st/2nd/3rd).

Rules:

- 2/3 matches, 2/3 rounds; Grand Finals 3/5.

- Double Elimination Bracket.

- Player may change character after loss; winner is not allowed to change character.

- Glitches are allowed, game breaking glitches are not.

- EX characters, GG Mode, Kliff and Justice, are all prohibited. However, the extra colors will be legal (aside from Shadow and Gold).

- Button mapping is allowed.

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (PS2) - 3v3 Teams (Tentative/If time permits)

Date:

Friday, October 14th, 2011 (after singles)* or Sunday, October 15th, 2011, time TBD

Entry fee:

$5.00 per team member.

Pot will be split 75%/25% (1st/2nd), or if there's a decent amount of people (>20) 70%/20%/10% (1st/2nd/3rd).

Rules:

- Each player MUST use same character for the entire duration of the tournament, players are not allowed to use the same character as their team member(s)-- Ex: Slayer/Testament/Slayer, etc.

- After team member loses match, next team member plays.

- No EX, gold, or shadow characters.

- Kliff and Justice are banned.

- Button mapping is allowed.

If a player fails show up 10 minutes after being called for his/her match, then he/she will be sent to the loser's bracket and/or disqualified. However, this may change if he/she is still in his/her pool for another tournament (ex: MvC3, SSF4, etc). We would like to allow the tournament(s) to run smoothly & on time, so please try to arrive on time for your match-- in order to make things easier for everyone.

If it is all right with everyone, I will start a pre-reg list. Please post or PM your name, location and if possible, days you will be at SB/other games you have entered (if necessary). To ensure that everyone is seeded correctly, your location is REQUIRED. However, on site sign-ups are also welcomed, but IMO, pre-registering is better to ensure the bracket is made well in advance and to help everything run more smoothly...Also, if possible, please bring a set-up and extra copy of GGXX:AC. IMHO, we need AT LEAST 3 set-ups, even if there are less than 40 entrants. The more organized things are, the better the chances are of running teams. By the way, I will contact the SB staff (AGAIN) to try to guarantee that we will have space "reserved" for the tournament. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I was also considering adding a small pot-bonus for GG singles (not that I have a lot of money or anything, but I want to add more hype to the tournament(s) ).

Pre-reg list (SINGLES) :

1.Doragonkoroshi - Ohio

2.Dingofist - Ohio

3. SH_(?) - Ohio

4.Sans Protocol(?) - Tampa, FL

5. Kamui Moon - Elyria, OH

6. Amadeus - Hilliard, OH

7. mikenapalm(?) - Philly/ Jersey

8. MacArthurBlunts - Breckenridge, CO

9. Abare-Ky - Phoenix, AZ

10. Holy Order-Troll- Phoenix, AZ

11. Astral - Indianapolis, IN

12. Kyle - Cincinnati, OH

13. koogy - Phoenix, AZ

14. A3Religion - New York

15. Alphakami(?) - TN

Set-Ups:

1. Kamui Moon - 2

2. A-K & HO-T - 1

3. Dingofist - 1

4. Astral - 1

5. DoragonKorashi - 1

Recording equipmint:

- DVD camcorder.

- Canon PowerShot A480 Digital Camera (LOL!).

- Tripod stand.

Again, apologizes for the late reply/announcment, but we have been working with Fugee and Ghaleon to organize this since August, so please post up or PM us if you are attending SB's and wish to pre-register. Also, please remember that you MUST PRE-REGISTER as a GUEST or PLAYER at http://www.godlike-entertainment.com/ to ATTEND Seasons Beatings-- you WILL NOT be let into the building if you DO NOT pre-register in advance...So please register ASAP. Help with the tournament, finding players and suggestions are always welcomed and encouraged. Get hype <3

Sorry about the late response, Doragon Koroshi, life has been tough... Please spread the word as much as you can, especially with SB being about 3 weeks away (hopefully, we will get a good turn-out like at EVO-- 80+ players <3). We may or may not add a small pot bonus again, IDK-- somewhat depends on the interests/entrants.

I thank everyone who signed up already; again, please remember to register as a spectator or PLAYER at the SB site, ESPECIALLY before the price/venue fee goes up later THIS MONTH. Thank you...

GG tournament/casual hype, MM's(?) and late-night casuals+MoMo2 <3 <3

P.S. I also thank whoever fixed the thread(s), LOL...glad that is over:O

This will probably be the first Season Beatings I miss. I can't make it on Friday for the games that I play because of work. Sorry Ohio crew =/

Not very magical of you.

Kyle Wattula says he'll play if this materializes. Girls, start learning Vampire so you can at least participate in something with decent support when you fly all the way out to Ohio.

Alright, fuck nobody wants to run BB. I'll run BB, whoever I need to talk to about getting BB setup please send me a PM and we'll bang out the details. I really want to see BB happen here.

EDIT: I made an account and posted about it on SRK, I also sent Ghaleon a PM, so hopefully he'll get back to me soon and we'll have a BB tournament at SB.

EDIT again: So I managed to reach Ghaleon and on wednesday me and him are gonna bang out the details for BB. So with that said on wednesday expect good news about BB's place there. I'll update this post on wednesday (or just make a new one if the thread moves that fast but I doubt it will) with more info once Ghaleon and I have discussed everything in detail.

^

Please make it-- everyone wants to play your awesome Ky <3 And please let me know if anyone you know is going, so I (or Ky-Sama) can add them to the list/bracket...

DoragonKoroshi: LOL, we are going for (both) Marvel, as well, and Ohio is not TOO FAR from AZ, when you are flying <3

I will make it if we know BB running for sure, its sad its been turned into a side tournament game already.

Should be running BB, I haven't managed to talk to ghaleon yet as he is a busy man and has been even busier as of late. However once we finally get to discuss everything you guys will be the first to know what the plans are for BB. Sorry that it's taking so long to confirm.

Should be running BB, I haven't managed to talk to ghaleon yet as he is a busy man and has been even busier as of late. However once we finally get to discuss everything you guys will be the first to know what the plans are for BB. Sorry that it's taking so long to confirm.

Quote by Ghaleon: Please Register by Oct. 2, 11:59 p.m.

Reg goes to $40 instead of $35 on Oct. 3. The website is converting so there is NO WAY for me to make exceptions to the reg process.

The last day to reg is Oct. 10 -- if you have to foresight to plan on driving across the country to play games please also bother to take 5 minutes to register or you aren't getting in. This is a 700-person+ event, we will reach capacity, and we have so much going on and pre-reg means this event can run properly We love you guys, but please do the right thing.

Do not pay for venue fee and then try to purchase more games later, and do not plan to pay for extra games at the venue. If you need to make changes to your purchase, email me at hatalawriting@gmail.com and I will work with you!!

We can provide a 32-64 man paper bracket for BB, but unfortunately, we can't take any part in running it. Also, we can give some advice about setting it up/running it if this is your first time.

Alright guys, we in there. There is definitely gonna be a Blazblue tournament on sunday at season's beatings. Sign-ups will start at 12:00 PM and the tournament will start at 1:00 PM. If you aren't signed up by 1:00 PM I'm sorry but you're out of luck. The reason I'm trying to do it that early is so that we can try and finish up quick so we can try and run teams afterward. So here's what the post is gonna look like.

Blazblue Continuum Shift II singles tournament -

Sign-ups: start at 12:00 PM sharp, entry fee will be 10$. There is also the high possibility of prizes for top 3 as well as payout, courtesy of godlike-entertainment. The prizes will be disclosed the day of the tournament as Ghaleon and I figure out what is available. Payout will be 70/20/10 for top 3.

Tournament start time: 1:00 PM sharp, Sign-ups will end at that time too, if you didn't sign up before then sorry.

Tournament format will be double elimination best 2 of 3 matches. That means winners and losers brackets, so a chance to run it back in your matches and in the tournament.

This tournament will be run on PS3, other than that I want to stress to please stick around for your matches, the faster we bang this out the better the chance of running teams. If anyone has setups PLEASE try and bring them, also I cannot stress enough that if you do bring a setup PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE ALL DLC CHARACTERS UNLOCKED, MAKOTO, PLATINUM, VALKENHAYN, and MU-12, AND PLEASE HAVE YOUR GAME UPDATED TO THE LATEST VERSION I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. If you bring a setup that is missing the DLC it will not be used in tournament, however you can use it to play casuals if you want. Hopefully ghaleon will get back to me on whether or not they will have 3 extra PS3s with the DLC. I will be bringing my personal PS3 to help run the tournament, so assuming we can get three more PS3s with everything necessary we will have four setups on which to run BB. These will be our setups for the ENTIRE DAY, so BB is guaranteed to be run on sunday.

Blazblue Continuum Shift II team tournament

Sign-ups: Start whenever singles finishes, Entry fee will be 5$ per person, so 10$ per team.

Tournament start time: Starts one hour after sign-ups start, we'll be on a tight schedule to try and run teams if we have time so again if you aren't signed up when it starts you're out of luck.

Tournament format for teams will be double elimination waseda style 2v2. Waseda style is where you have two players on a team, the team decides which person on the team will be person A and who will be person B. The way waseda style works is person A fights the other team's person A, then person B fights the other teams person B. If person A and B on the same team win their matches then they move on in the bracket, however if person A wins and person B loses then person A faces the other team's person B and the winner's team moves on in the bracket. For this tournament we will do 1 match games as we will be pressed for time, so the first match is the only match, no 2 out of 3 folks, otherwise teams would have no hope of finishing before the venue closes. The reason I chose waseda style is so that each team-mate gets a chance to play, afterall its why everyone is coming.

So hopefully everything is clear, if there are some things you still don't get feel free to post in the thread and I'll answer any questions, also I'll be more than happy to explain everything while I'm running the tournament. I look forward to seeing everyone at Season's Beatings, GET HYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!

If someone could add this to the first post that would be awesome.

I might do Guilty Gear, and I might get some other guys to come (like Chippy, and two of my old roommates from OSU). Haven't registered yet, as my attendance will pretty much be based on their presence, but I figured I should let someone know that there is more interest than just those 13 people.

Please bring your friends, Rooster.. SB is less than 2 weeks away, and you must register as a spectator (Venue fee ONLY) if you only wish to enter the BB or GG side tournaments, watch the hype matches of the official games and eat the fantastic food at MoMos <3

http://godlike-entertainment.com/ -- The cost of the venue fee will go up TOMORROW, so please register to save ^_^