Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghaleon

Season's Beatings: Velocity - Oct. 14-16, 2011. Columbus, OH. GG/BB tournies!

Guess whose going and is definitely going to finally have his money match with his bestest buddy MacArthur? I'm 100% going to this so anyone else wants MM let me know but I'm hype as shit. I actually started going back to training mode and playing humans.

Side note: Is there any possible way for there to be a later time to run this tourney, and also I would love to have a team tourney maybe 2v2 if there isn't enough people?

Alright, I'm all registered now. Sad part is though, I have to leave first thing on Sunday, so I can't compete in BB. :( Where are we having BB Casuals on Friday and Saturday?

So uh... See you guys there. :P

(Dead serious. Just got my plane ticket.)

Good shit, wouldn't be a tournament without my favorite slayer (sorry reggie). Not to mention I owe you a smokeup from last year, this time we can play GG afterwards.

Mac: Good to know you are in this <3 SB's would not be complete without you AKA Slayer...

A3R: If it helps, we make one of your matches onr of the later ones. Due to a bad experience at EVO, we would like the tournament to start on time (around 7PM), 8 at the LATEST, because we DO plan on running teams (3v3 if more than 20 people enter), which is why we want it to start one time.. But of course, we would wait for you guys to show up, and are not DQ-happy, at all...

BTW, thanks to the SB's staff, GG's top placers should also be receiving prizes <3 Also, Monday is the LAST DAY TO REGISTER, and IIRC, there will be no in person registration, so please register ASAP.

Edit: [Pre-reg list (SINGLES) :

1.Doragonkoroshi - Ohio

2.Dingofist - Ohio

3. SH_(?) - Ohio

4.Sans Protocol(?) - Tampa, FL

5. Kamui Moon - Elyria, OH

6. Amadeus - Hilliard, OH

7. mikenapalm(?) - Philly/ Jersey

8. MacArthurBlunts - Breckenridge, CO

9. Abare-Ky - Phoenix, AZ

10. Holy Order-Troll- Phoenix, AZ

11. Astral - Indianapolis, IN

12. Kyle - Cincinnati, OH

13. koogy - Phoenix, AZ

14. A3Religion - New York

15. Alphakami(?) - TN

I might be up for MMz. Depends on if I have money.

If anyone's in Ohio on Thursday, and isn't afraid of a little drive, come to Arcade Legacy in Cincinnati and we can play some early games. I know it's a long shot, but I just thought I'd toss it out there.

If anyone's in Ohio on Thursday, and isn't afraid of a little drive, come to Arcade Legacy in Cincinnati and we can play some early games. I know it's a long shot, but I just thought I'd toss it out there.

How far is that from the venue? I might be up for it since I'll be getting there thursday, as long as its not that far since this of course will be after a 9 hour drive.

Hey, what time on thursday!!! WHAT TIME!!!

Umm. I don't know what time I'll be there, but doors open at 4 I think. I never really played CS though, so I basically can't play BB at all, though there are a couple people that may do that with you. I will probably be there by 8 at the latest. They stay open until 1am, but I don't know if you want to stay out that late with the big weekend coming up.

Arcade is like 2 hours away from Cbus, Achtzehn. Sorry bro. If you do come out though, that's real man status.

Aw man, that sounds like a good time. Pity I'll be 4 hours across the state.

Umm. I don't know what time I'll be there, but doors open at 4 I think. I never really played CS though, so I basically can't play BB at all, though there are a couple people that may do that with you. I will probably be there by 8 at the latest. They stay open until 1am, but I don't know if you want to stay out that late with the big weekend coming up.

Arcade is like 2 hours away from Cbus, Achtzehn. Sorry bro. If you do come out though, that's real man status.

I see they don't have a BB cab, which works since a CS2 cab is a bitch and a half to get. However I notice they have GGXXAC there, and they mention they can swap in jojo's bizarre adventure... If you can get a jojo cab running I will definitely try to fucking make that journey. Unless mad people hit me up thursday to play MBAA.

EDIT: that bring 5 people and you get in free shit, is that for everyone you bring or just one person?

I will not be able to make it, shit didn't work out. Sad face. Mac.... I wanted to see joo. Hope everyone has a good time!

I see they don't have a BB cab, which works since a CS2 cab is a bitch and a half to get. However I notice they have GGXXAC there, and they mention they can swap in jojo's bizarre adventure... If you can get a jojo cab running I will definitely try to fucking make that journey. Unless mad people hit me up thursday to play MBAA.

EDIT: that bring 5 people and you get in free shit, is that for everyone you bring or just one person?

I don't remember what the website says, but that certainly would be for just one of you, however, FG community people like yourself would get in for 5 bucks anyway, but I don't think anyone would get in free at that point. or somebody might, but the point is it will only cost you 5 at the most to get in.

Jesse doesn't really have any new cabs. He basically just buys old ones and consoles for new games. He does have a pretty sweet 360 cab setup though, so you might be able to talk him into throwing BB in that, though I don't know if he has all the data on that xbox... As for JoJo's, there are 3 side by side candy cabs though, and we pretty much run Vampire on 2 of them, and will probably run 3rd strike on one of them for a while, but I'm sure you could talk someone into putting JoJo's into one, but nobody 'round here really knows that game too well, though I'm up for learning if you can show me cool stuff. Usually GG's not in the cabs, but I'd totally make that happen if people wanted to play it. Or we could just play on ps2:(

@Eric: I used to. This is no longer the case.

@Achtezasdfn: I guess Jesse loaned a couple of his candy cabs to SB, so he's down to one of those for this Thursday.

@Eric: I used to. This is no longer the case.

@Achtezasdfn: I guess Jesse loaned a couple of his candy cabs to SB, so he's down to one of those for this Thursday.

UPDATE: at this point I would not advise driving all the way from Cbus to come out Thursday. With people heading up to cbus early and various things happening because of the tournament, I'm not sure what kind of a turnout there will be tomorrow. I am still planning on going, but may not be able to. I hope you see this.