Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solex

[CSE] Relius Clover General Discussion "Family Man Extraordinaire"

Has anyone posted the vs Carl theme yet? Well here it is again regardless http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm15853206

Also

FtVWl.png

What NO ONE saw that joke coming? I mean did Relius' astral mean nothing to all of you?

but in all seriousness, Arsys ya may want to change the name before console release. Everyone is onto the joke now

even the ones that don't really know English

What NO ONE saw that joke coming? I mean did Relius' astral mean nothing to all of you?

but in all seriousness, Arsys ya may want to change the name before console release. Everyone is onto the joke now

even the ones that don't really know English

lol, everyone saw the joke coming but the image is what makes it awesome. Without it, I don't even get a chuckle.

lol, everyone saw the joke coming but the image is what makes it awesome. Without it, I don't even get a chuckle.

I used it to ruin my friend's thoughts of the game, now he is even more terrified of Relius.

It was great.

All I have to say after seeing that hilarious image is if Platinum were to call Relius a pervert or a pedo, she may not completely be wrong for once. :lol:

I used it to ruin my friend's thoughts of the game, now he is even more terrified of Relius.

It was great.

Hahaha, definitely saw Relius in a different light when I saw it too xD

With the game's title, I'm almost worried that if we ever get a BB anime it won't the kind I'd be hyped for lol

Just remember that Carl has had unblockables since CT but you don't see them used every game since they are not always the most practical thing to do depending on the circumstances. They will, of course, have their uses, but it would probably be best to use them sparingly so your opponent doesn't catch on to your gameplan.

Just remember that Carl has had unblockables since CT but you don't see them used every game since they are not always the most practical thing to do depending on the circumstances. They will, of course, have their uses, but it would probably be best to use them sparingly so your opponent doesn't catch on to your gameplan.

I'm pretty sure he has roll/reversal safe options, especially with vacuum saw.

It doesn't matter if they know it's unblockable. They still can't block it.

Anyone can jump out of it if you just go for it during pressure or on wakeup they could roll out of it unless, like C0R said about this one, it can catch roll tech. This is why setups are used for unblockables, even if it is during pressure as opposed to on wakeup.

Unblockable =/= unavoidable.

Anyone can jump out of it if you just go for it during pressure or on wakeup they could roll out of it unless, like C0R said about this one, it can catch roll tech. This is why setups are used for unblockables, even if it is during pressure as opposed to on wakeup.

Unblockable =/= unavoidable.

Think Tsubaki.

Unblockable =/= unavoidable

I'm positive that Relius has the tools to punish multiple, if not all wakeup options while doing the unblockable with vacuum saw, that move is active for a million years. He can most likely safe jump j.c meaty on their wakeup while the saw is out catching rolls and as a meaty low.

I'm positive that Relius has the tools to punish multiple, if not all wakeup options while doing the unblockable with vacuum saw, that move is active for a million years. He can most likely safe jump j.c meaty on their wakeup while the saw is out catching rolls and as a meaty low.

This sounds awesome, and it would at least bait a burst or CA, but would it be safe from something like Inferno Divider? I would imagine that he might get hit out of the air, unless it can be timed in a way to prevent that from happening. I'm concerned that waiting to confirm if they're blocking before going for the jC would cause you to be too late for the unblockable, since you would have to throw the low out early to ensure that it would be meaty and catch rolls.

This sounds awesome, and it would at least bait a burst or CA, but would it be safe from something like Inferno Divider? I would imagine that he might get hit out of the air, unless it can be timed in a way to prevent that from happening. I'm concerned that waiting to confirm if they're blocking before going for the jC would cause you to be too late for the unblockable, since you would have to throw the low out early to ensure that it would be meaty and catch rolls.

From what I saw, Relius has the option to special cancel drillfall INTO low saw, then jump up. A safe jump should work in this situation, Carl, Mu and Hakumen all have similar mechanics for baiting DPs in these situations, so he should land in time to block Inferno Divider UNLESS j.c has landing recovery, which is a possibility. But unblockable saw with j.c looks like it hits simultaneously.

Great themes, incredibly unfitting names.

Also I've seen pics of Relius arcade ending and I have to say that I am shocked he didn't get the same old "Blah,Blah,Blah LIES" speech from Hazama and even though arcade endings aren't canon, that is still kind of shocking to look at.

Finally got to watch more vids of Relius... His pressure doesn't seem to be awfully scary (yet), there's still the fact that Ignis' normals have more reach so even if Relius whiffs a poke during his pressure (due to barrier pushback) Ignis still keeps the opponent locked down or nets a CH in case the opponent thinks he can punish the whiff. Other than that, it looks most of his stuff seems to be pretty easy to IB so I guess players will eventually come up with proper frame traps and staggers to avoid giving free meter to the opponent...

I'm currently in Japan right now playing BBCS:EX and I saw Relius's arcade ending. It's pretty brutal. If I recall it's called "Nameless Death".

Relius has Ignis hold a beaten Hazama in a choke hold. Hazama's laughing and coughing while Relius is berating him and wondering what to do next. Phantom shows up, blah blah blah, and then Relius has Ignis impale Hazama and kills him.

Sheesh, Relius is one brutal family man. I would have hated to see what he did whenever Carl or Ada acted up. :kitty:

And now I'm super interested in what Phantom was doing in the ending, she doesn't talk so I wonder why she was there. I guess we'll find out later.