Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solex

[CSE] Relius Clover General Discussion "Family Man Extraordinaire"

Relius is definitely a well designed character. He's soooo good. Ragna will get bumped down to Platinum's sub-status if he keeps up being this gdlk.

Fix'd :kitty:

The only thing that Arcsys can do now is announce Kokonoe, my god I would physically faint or run around my house screaming like a little girl. *ahem*

Mu's normals all got Buffs. So I'd say keeping ยต under constant pressure would be the best way to win. Delay Ignis 6D possibly? 5C looks like it will laugh at Relius in neutral game. Jumping in with no support is a definite no. Smart Ignis play will win this matchup. Also HAAS HAAS HAAS for Air Yata.

I would not say Relius will be free without Ignis, he is not like Carl. It looks to me like he has a much stronger poke game for keeping people away for the short time Ignis needs to recharge
Sorry for the Double post. But against characters like Hazama, Mu, Litchi and Especially Hakumen. Relius will rely on Ignis like hell. I could go into detail. But I'm doing Law coursework :(

His air pokes suck, but then again so does Carl so I guess it makes sense. And I say that in comparison to hakumen's jc, Hima ate a lot of CH's from hakumen's jc. He's not free without ignis, he's just hurt without her.

It'll be a good month or two before people start really opening him up, specifically his pressure game. Which is already on the rise, I mean compared to whenever anyone else in the cast is released, he's already onto a good start. Day 1, people are already pulling off combos with him. But I feel his damage potential hasn't fully been extracted yet.

Zoners will easily be Relius' biggest problem especially Lambda cause you have to be very careful where and when you call Ignis or else its just one sword and shes gone again. But with a combination of his Spot dodge and that move where Ignis slashes from behind(I forgot what the names for everything was:v: ), he has the tools to deal with Zoning but he will need to be very patient about it.

It'll be a good month or two before people start really opening him up, specifically his pressure game. Which is already on the rise, I mean compared to whenever anyone else in the cast is released, he's already onto a good start. Day 1, people are already pulling off combos with him. But I feel his damage potential hasn't fully been extracted yet.

This is so true. I remember when CT first came out and Carl was considered the worst character in the game, but that quickly changed. Also when CS1 came out, people said Hazama was looking kinda weak. I'm glad we're getting a healthy amount of videos so we can see what new stuff is being figured out.

Zoners will easily be Relius' biggest problem especially Lambda cause you have to be very careful where and when you call Ignis or else its just one sword and shes gone again. But with a combination of his Spot dodge and that move where Ignis slashes from behind(I forgot what the names for everything was:v: ), he has the tools to deal with Zoning but he will need to be very patient about it.

If you saw Shadows matches qith kaqn's jin. You'll see the creative and somewhat humorous ways he used Ignis to shield him from projectiles.

I think there'll be some interesting tricks in getting in close over time. Carl oddly enough looks hard for our abusive father.

This is so true. I remember when CT first came out and Carl was considered the worst character in the game, but that quickly changed. Also when CS1 came out, people said Hazama was looking kinda weak. I'm glad we're getting a healthy amount of videos so we can see what new stuff is being figured out.

Shadow seems to be opening up really really. That low corner cross up reset that he used in the recent gamechariot's were really interesting.

I can definitely see zoners being his worst match-ups, but he does have the tools to get around a lot of the zoning. Shadow has been pulling a lot of tricks out of his sleeves to use Ignis for killing projectiles. Val Lyra is a pretty useful tool for people who play a patient zoning game, mixed with Led Ley he can really get through a lot of things. I also imagine that Val Tus would be good for getting through projectiles, since Ignis not only moves forward a great distance with the attack, it also hits three times so she'll be able to absorb a lot with that as Relius follows behind her.

My guess is that shadow will actually stick with relius because he slightly reminds him of Eddie (his GG main for-like-ever). His damage per combo with relius is going up as he plays with him more. I'm wondering what the hakumen relius match up will be like, since ignis may be more fragile she's a lot trickier than nirvana so I don't think cutting countering her will be easy.

Is relius' dodge special active on frame 1? It's looks like a Zanshin/Dp hybrid, I'm loving it :D

I'm just waiting for the flood of Relius bondage doujins inspired by his astral...

So got around to watching some of those Shadow Relius vids and some things that I liked/noticed:

- Ignis takes no damage to her meter from projectiles

- His astral LOOKS like it's 0 frames? In the vid, Tager was able to RC but it didn't do anything. Similar to RC'ing when you hit Yukikaze's magic circle

- Duo Bios > Sledge. I just like how she doesn't take meter damage during her special like Ada does, so many failed RoM's because of that >__>

- Led Ley spamming. It was funny lol

Relius damage output is quite high, I wonder if these are the most advanced combos or if there's something more to discover.

3.4 meterless midscreen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6ofgNRe-A (I think his meter starts at 24 and ends in 64 so builds maybe 40 meter)

4K meterless midscreen to corner - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2-qlitNbWk (builds about 53 meter)

"Unpractical/Punish" 8K - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cubAcLE2Tw8 (requires 150 meter and 6C starter)

8k corner combo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5bLnVdE_SQ (not sure how practical since it started with the spinning doll hit and also requires full doll meter)

I wonder if Relius will just be a high damage character instead of a unblockable reset character, seeing as these numbers are quite high for a character who is "supposed" to do resets and unblockables. Maybe he's just a high damage, strong oki character like CS2 Litchi.

Me personally, would do resets and unblockables until their health gets low enough to hit them with a huge corner combo to kill them, this on top of potentially strong oki after each knock down will probably make for a character that is scary and demands respect.

But maybe he's just designed to hit hard and keep you knocked down, which is what I'm predicting at the moment. Attempting "gimmicky" unblockables may not be the way to go.

Alll just speculation and theory fighter ofcourse.

Those combos pretty much use up all of your doll meter though, so the options seem to be that you can be either a heavy hitter or a medium hitter with added pressure after the knockdown.

Honestly, I see Relius as more of a hard hitting, poking type of character, not really focusing too much on Oki, but he'll have the traps and such to do so, similar to CS1 Lambda, CS1 Carl or CS2 Mu. The unblockables and resets will definitely play a big part in his overall strategy, but I think the main focus is to force them into the corner for big damage and a hard knockdown.

It's really hard to distinguish how exactly he'll turn out because he has so many tools, but that's typically how shadow characters go anyway, you won't really know until the character develops fully.

On a completely different note, those combos were sexy, I'll transcribe them later and post them for you guys. (Unless someone else does it first)

I can see Relius being capable of being a character that hits hard or a character that can go for strong resets/oki. One style might later prove to be stronger than the other, but the possibility of both being viable adds some diversity to his character and should make it interesting to see which style people will lean toward over the course of a match. It's highly possible that one style may prove favorable over another depending on the matchup.

Judging by ignis' shitty health compared to nirvana I see him more like a hakumen meets carl clover. Greater health and defense, greater damage, less doll health which leads to less time for tricky set ups.

Especially certain starters like that 3 hit ignis move leads to heavy damage. But I feel that when he gets more fleshed out his FC combos regardless of his position on the screen as long as he has moderate ignis health he should be getting at least 4k.

I'm loving shadows low cross up in the corner, but it seems harder to capitalize on her overhead.

Count me among the interested. There's a high chance I'll be subbing Relius when he's out.

As for playstyle, he seems less focused on resets and traps than Carl and more about the full-on rape once he gets an opening. Like any great surgeon, he has to be "hands on" and directly apply his tools.

So from vids I can see him as a character that tries to control the space around his opponent, then pick them apart with high-dmg combos once a hit confirm sets in. Just like the master puppeteer he is, he controls the flow of the game once his opponent is in his effective field. :kitty:

As much as I like using pink colors.... not digging the green hair on Pink Relius. Looks pretty bad. I'll just wait for the DLC pinks. =/

At least I can use Carl palette in the meantime ;_;

As much as I like using pink colors.... not digging the green hair on Pink Relius. Looks pretty bad. I'll just wait for the DLC pinks. =/

At least I can use Carl palette in the meantime ;_;

Hey I like pink outfit/green hair Relius. But your right the DLC "Fabulous" pink will probably look better. That color looks best on everyone.

Even if you don't like the pink outfit/green hair color, it would still make a great "why would you even choose that" color for shenanigans.

Sounds like I have a color to use when I want to troll now... =w=

Wonder what types of noobs Relius will get and how long it'll take for the dedicated players to seep through...

Well, when a new character comes out, just about everyone interested in them will pick them up and try them for awhile, but more people will drop him as they find out that he's not quite their playstyle. What we'll end up with is about as many, if not a few less, than what most characters have in terms of how many people play him. This is what I have noticed, at least.

^^ I don't know why I don't think like this, but I wish I did =[ It's just we still have an insane amount of Ragna's and Jin's running around that don't know what they're doing at all [but I suppose that's really inevitable, I can't expect everyone to be halfway-decent]

My hope is that he doesn't end up being a bad-rep character like Nu-13, CT Noel, or CS1 Litchi/Bang in the sense everyone will DC from you upon seeing your D-card. It's hard to build up character rep online, and so easy to strike it down. =/

Well, when a new character comes out, just about everyone interested in them will pick them up and try them for awhile, but more people will drop him as they find out that he's not quite their playstyle. What we'll end up with is about as many, if not a few less, than what most characters have in terms of how many people play him. This is what I have noticed, at least.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it goes, remember when Valkenhayn first became playable? I think every single player that I fought for about a month was Valkenhayn, then they all just disappeared into thin air. I expect the same to happen with Relius.

Relius is coming across like a less complicated, Stronger "Easier to win with" Carl. I can see a fuck load of Relius players online.