Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solex

[CSE] Relius Clover General Discussion "Family Man Extraordinaire"

I think Toasty should be mod, he's actively looking for info and I think he'd do a good job of collecting, organizing, and testing information when needed. He's also mained Relius since CT.

Sorry to derail though, but I am thinking about using Relius now, so I'll be stopping by to look.

cool we got a potential mod :D

but ya it makes complete sense he would have stoopid unblocks that i would be in love with if he didnt have an animation lol sadly the chance of unblocks dropped pretty damn low now since none of his regular d attacks seem to hit high or low

also has anyone thought of what oki opportunities relius will have i was thinking of val tus(the dance that has retard proration) and val lyra where she teleports behind them and attacks but idk if that would be a good idea considering the animation of relius during the startup of these moves any other ideas?

I bet a standard D move would also be a good choice against someone who's reversal happy since you could throw it out and still be able to block and punish their reversal unless they RC it.

what i really hope you can do is that you can control ignis while doing led ley that way i could do walk up led ley and the second i do hit 2d or 6d that would be so raw lol completely unreversable knockdown bwahaah but no thatd be crazy dumb

and oh toasty i see you already have your own little fan club lol jk

real talk though i think 2d might be a good choice for oki it hits twice once when she goes forward and once when she comes back so that might be a auto bait lol the main reason while i think this could be true is since it costs so much so we wont always be able to do it after a combo involving ignis we might have to choose if we want doll meter for oki or damage

If I remember correctly, there's a compilation of the information available on his moves. Ignis has both a low and a high, while Relius can do a low and a high. I see many unblockables in this character's future.

the low and highs that ignis can do though are command moves which have this small animation of relius sending ignis, he is pointing, so while she does have high and low it would be very low chance of unblocks working or it could rely on conditioning to get them into an unblock and i think that could be a sexy ass element oppenents could not sleep against him if that was the case but i dont think thatl work lol

EDIT: i just cant wait to get a list of his gatlings

I just noticed something in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-nFM9zWoc&t=1m13s

It looks like you can input an attack for Ignis while Relius is attacking after all, as it looks like 5D comes out in between 5C and 2C without Relius having to do any sort of animation.

Yep, from the loke test info I translated (the whole block of stuff posted by Solex in the other thread) one of the things noted were that Ignis can attack while Relius is doing his own attack, as long the directional input is different. We don't know yet if this aspect has changed though. From that video, it feels like the 5D input was given at the same time as 2C.

I'd hardly call it early dude. Relius is gonna be out in like a week, we're all gonna be talking about him anyway.

Totally agree with you. Also we have to keep in mind, that Relius is going to have a very big learning curve. Not like Carl, but sill hard. So, the most info we can get, the better are we are going to be when Relius come out to consoles.

When the game come out i will go directly to trainning mode XD

Grind those combos and work on character fiiiive

And learn that mixup and unblockeable setups for big DMG!

BROFIST! xD

]Relius is going to have a very big learning curve.
I doubt this. He won't be easy by any means. But he won't be harder than any other character, really.

+ I only say that because his normals look like they don't suck, and it doesn't look like he relies on Ignis anywhere near as much as Carl needs Ada. It looks like Ignis only serves to bolster Relius' damage output and Mixup. But the fact she isn't there all the time just tells me Relius can hold his own.

SNIP

well let me be the one to thank you for that translation without you we would just be a bunch a ignorant drooling fangirls/boys(as if we arnt now lol)

relius learning curve :/ thats a strange point to bring up

sidenote: i think he will be somewhat grounded defensive poking character(who will not ever try to fight air to air lol)

well let me be the one to thank you for that translation without you we would just be a bunch a ignorant drooling fangirls/boys(as if we arnt now lol)

relius learning curve :/ thats a strange point to bring up

sidenote: i think he will be somewhat grounded defensive poking character(who will not ever try to fight air to air lol)

He'll definitely be good at anti-airing, her 2C's range is massive and it has head invincibility, making it really good. His 6B seems pretty decent, but the lack of invincibility hurts it a lot.

I think he'll be ground a lot as well, his air normals don't seem on par with the other characters as far air-to-air goes. But his air-to-ground game I think will be great because of j.C. =P

If he can lock the opponent down with Ignis he won't really need to be amazing in air vs. air. Besides, I can't picture this character sitting and waiting to anti-air the opponent from the ground either, I mean with all the things the doll can do you want to be the one on the offensive, imo. :)

hm i never thought relius would play like that for some reason but i can definitely see what you are talking about now.

You use a move like geara act or one of his j.d's to get in and once you get in use his crazy mixup or possibly unblocks to open the opponent up.

The only problem i see with this is that i don't think he will be a very up close character my reasoning is kinda retarded buts its that his moves have alot of range on all of them so i don't think they intend for him to be a very up close character this is also where i based my assumption that he will be a defensive poking character:toot:

Can anyone think of a reason to use j.b it seems to have a similar hitbox to his j.c but j.c seems bigger soo im kinda like what do with this move lol

Given the angle of his j.B and j.C I could imagine him being able to create Fuzzy Guard setups pretty easily with those moves and the help of Ignis. I imagine something like a deep j.C, land and rising j.B>j.C>6D>Land 5B>5C>6D etc etc etc. Depends on the block stun of the moves though and how well you can control Ignis in that situation. I also imagine that being an instand overhead against Tager:v:

If his j.c works anything like Valkenhayn's it'll be an instant overhead on everyone, with Ignis assist allowing for meterless pickups.

Good thing 5c is just about his only jump cancelable normal.

If his j.c works anything like Valkenhayn's it'll be an instant overhead on everyone, with Ignis assist allowing for meterless pickups.

Good thing 5c is just about his only jump cancelable normal.

He can also jump cancel 3C which makes his High/Low mixup and the ability to pick it up with Ignis either way really strong potentially. Also ending combos on 3C and doing Jump Cancel>Dispatch Ignis would probably be a good way to get some decent Relius only Oki and let Ignis get some Charge back in the process.

ya jump j.c is gdlk if its not a rising overhead ima sue arc system works but thats not what im talking about.

i was talking about j.b it seems like j.c does everything j.b does but better. my only guess is that j.b could work better against AA attacks that rely on ducking but idfk.

Also ending combos on 3C and doing Jump Cancel>Dispatch Ignis would probably be a good way to get some decent Relius only Oki and let Ignis get some Charge back in the process.

good idea i havn't thought about anything like that but i imagine we might have to do shit like this alot given how much doll meter all of his moves take

omg using two attacks to create an unblockable? what a great idea...

C0R deserves the golden star for the day...

I hope he does as much damage as he did in the loketest.

I hope he does as much damage as he did in the loketest.

he fucking better if he doesn't then he might be a equal with the rest of the cast aaaannnnnddd fuck that

I imagine that we'll be doing Ragna style Oki after 3C using a jump cancel to create mix-up.

3C > Late jump > IAD > j.B > j.C > stuff

3C > Late jump > 2B > stuff

3C > Late jump > Throw

3C > Late jump > j.B > Dash > throw

3C > Late jump > sj(9) > j.6/2/8D > IAD > stuff