Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C0R

[CS2] µ12 General Discussion - Alt230

It all comes down to comfort. I PERSONALLY, felt more comfortable on stick. But plenty of people can do high execution stuff on pad and are comfortable with it man.

Im pretty sure it has no invicibility tho -- a DbD eats you no matter how you time it

It's level 3 guardpoint.

It guards against every attack type in the game, including unblockables and throws.

Naw Noel is still going to make the world mad salty with Chain Revolver. They should just remove everything she has aside from Revolver Blast.

It's level 3 guardpoint.

It guards against every attack type in the game, including unblockables and throws.

well then what kinda attack type is DbD and why does it seem to eat the origins? Instead of just re-quoting yourself why dont you try to enlighten me instead

well then what kinda attack type is DbD and why does it seem to eat the origins? Instead of just re-quoting yourself why dont you try to enlighten me instead

Do you want me to record it?

You can easily beat DbD in training mode, it simply requires a little timing. Just do it late. The move is very slow, so I think you're just uppercutting far too early.

I restated my earlier post because it was the correct answer, Origins does autogaurd DbD.

DbD is unblockable. I just opened up training mode and beat DbD with Origins so I'm not sure what you're talking about. DbD has 19 frames of invulnerability which could be why it beat Origins when you tried it; the 9 active frames coincided with the 19 invul frames.

Origins can cancel out unblockable astrals like Jin's, Rachel's or Bang's with the proper timing. Of course doing it too late or too early will still get you killed. So that's why i originally thought it had guard point and invincibility. Because all of the other guard points can be thrown or be hit with unblockables.

edit: bang's and rachel's astrals seems to be the only other guard point move that also can't be hit by unblockables or throws

edit2: bangs astral is classified as a throw in the frama data :0 somehow i can still hear the sound effect of my guard point blocking his stab with his huge nail that has a "throw" attribute .

Origins has 9 frames of guard point? Do those coincide with the active dmg frames? I suppose I wana ask - is there any way for DbD to "hit" the guard point w/o being interrupted by dmg ?

Edit: bak may have answered this

Origins has 9 active frames during which it has a hitbox (10-19F). The invuln on Origins is 1-18F. The invuln on DbD is 1-19F. So it's very possible for either move to beat each other. Just ignore the fact that Origins is called 'guardpoint' and pretend it's invulnerability except possibly better.

When i tested it in training mode, origins always seems to win from DbD on reaction unless i started origins before he uses DbD. But in that case i would call it that your dp was baited.

DbD is so easy to beat out, it makes me want to cry.

I can't cry.

I am LuminAbyss.

No tears left to shed.

I ran you dry with Carnage Fail.

So I started using H.H's blockstring (2a 6a 2b 2c etc) and so far it seems really good. Allows for some decent stagger pressure which makes the frame traps really effective. It even hitconfirms itself because 6a CH 2b whiff 2c 5c 6c habacan etc. seems like it could be optimal or close to it.

So I started using H.H's blockstring (2a 6a 2b 2c etc) and so far it seems really good. Allows for some decent stagger pressure which makes the frame traps really effective. It even hitconfirms itself because 6a CH 2b whiff 2c 5c 6c habacan etc. seems like it could be optimal or close to it.

No such thing as an optimal blockstring, this one loses very hard to barrier IB on 6a, as it causes 2b to whiff and allows the opponent to punish the recovery.

Cor, has Mu's 6B hitbox changed at all in CSX?

Not especially, nothing of real note.

Oh I was just saying that the 6a CH hitconfirm seemed like it could be optimal. Of course there's no such thing as an optimal blockstring :keke:

It's just really good to have multiple ones so you don't get too predictable.

Are 6C FC Midscreen Combos roughly the same in extend? So far it seems she plays like Mu v2.

Not a bad thing at all. Just wondering if ANYTHING was hugely different.

Gameplay is really similar except 2C changes will be annoying until you get used to them. Air DP is fun but I haven't got used to having the option yet :sweatdrop: Air super is really good to punish some stuff, like valk wolf abuse, haz chain abuse, air tsubaki install, etc. Well same purpose as when you did it on the ground except you can do it in the air now :D (yes this sounds like a dumb use, it's sometimes too slow, but it's not really risky, if it hits you get great damage and if the opponent blocks you get to go in for pressure, assuming you had enough steins placed)

Explosion starters, one leads to low but okay damage, two leads to nothing :(

6C FC if you were doing 5D 214D 6B etc. that doesn't do good damage anymore, time to learn the real combos.

I have always done Habacan > 66 6A so I should be okay.

The 2C shit will really annoy me for a while. But hey ho, It's was pretty godlike before, and it's not like Mu's pokes are weak. So I'll accustom.

It's not like im going to stop mashing 5C and 2B anyway.

sigh** ok noob question ... how do you apply a "meaty" attribute properly to your attacks? and what attacks are best for us? I often just do 236A when I have ppl knocked down in the corner, often times it works great -- but im not sure its meaty and besides I need the education... >_>;;

Meaty is not so much an attribute as it is a way to use a normal.

It refers to timing an attack during an opponents wakeup so that the active frames cover their first vulnerable frames, Counterhitting mash and catching jump startup.

Mu's most common meaty tools are 2b, 214d, stein shots and 236a.

Ive been going over the wiki alot and trying to work my brain to understand p1/p2 stuff better and I can really see why you love 5b so much... How do you manage to expect the CH or w/e with it?