Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leo7

T12: Toronto Fighting Game Championships BB & GG Results and Shoutouts

my turn!

First off, congratulations on everybody's placing, especially to Kirbster for 1st place, XDest for 2nd, and level6 chan for 3rd. Nini gets a congratulations too, on finding what true love really means. As Kirbster would say it, :psydick: I hope everybody had an awesome weekend. And of course, thanks to TTT and Russell for making this able to happen.

Now for individual MTL shoutouts.

Kirbster - Its really nice seeing you again, as Pui this time. So now instead of trolling you as Leo, I can troll you as Pui lol. All trolling aside, congrats again on winning 1st place. You really improved a lot every time I see you, from T11 to Mat8 to T12, you totally deserve this win. Don't think otherwise just because I'm not using a (as) dumb character in the tournament lol. Hope we'll get to play again real soon, even though I have TONS of Rachel matchup exp, playing against you is much more fun than playing against our Rachels (sorry Julien/Unsanc, fuk K2 you are forgotten).

Brice - Dat hype weaboo. Its always fun just chilling with you even if we don't end up playing much since you're so hype (weaboo). I heard you got drunk over 2 beers lol too bad I wasnt at that table to watch it. It was fun seeing you again and playing a few games with you, stop bodying my valk already =(

Niniheart - yoooooo. dat Roldy... I don't know what else to say lol. GGs for our like 3 games of casuals. If you really want some (recent) mandarin songs, go check out Jay Chou, thats a place you can't really fail first lol.

Level5/6-chan - I hate shield skillz, stop bodying me in tournaments. I purposely put you in my bracket so I can get revenge... only get to bodied again damnit. I'll get you next time!! Congrats on leveling up to level 6!

Kaeru - Awesome awesome FRKZ bang. I'm really impressed with how much you know about this character and the stuff you can do with him. Never giving up even though hes low tier (well, mid now). Keep working at it! Lets play some more next time.

Steb - We actually didn't get to play any BB =( But it was fun to be sitting on your table and chilling together. We'll play next time for sure.

Rhannmah - Didn't play BB with you either lol but we did do a good set of GG. I'm really impressed with your execution, especially since its Ino on pad without any macros lol. Keep GG alive!!

pochp - We didn't play BB this time =( but I dunno... if I win you might smash your stick in my face lol jk. I actually wanted to play against you too because I don't get to play Mus often, oh well theres always next time.

All in all, I hope T12 was worth the trip for you guys and that you'll keep coming over for tourneys. We'll try to come over for tourneys as well if the schedule permits and we can keep this healthy rivalry going on XD

Keep thinking that I'm trolling with Valk instead of winning the tourney easy with Carl, that way I save some dignity and you guys stay hungry lol.

Shoutouts to all the other out of towners that came, sorry I didn't catch your names specifically (and probably didnt get to play most of you) but hope you had a great time.

Everybody else: I see you guys often enough =_= you know I love you guys <3. Especially Linear, for being korean. But I think Roldy is taking linear's place as being the most popular person from Toronto... for other reasons.

Thanks again to everybody that came!

Don't think otherwise just because I'm not using a (as) dumb character in the tournament lol.

just want to emphasize this line. don't overestimate pui's carl lol, it's just that you guys lack carl experience. pui's just working off old cs1 knowledge for the most part. the only reason he used carl in the team tourney was because i was on his team and he was forced to not use valk. i actually didn't expect him to ocv everyone, because last time pui use carl in teams at evo, pui went first and wasn't able to ocv any team and hermes and i had to play lol.

actually, even if he used carl in singles, he probably would have gotten taken out by someone or another.

and to be completely honest, prior to the tournament, i thought pui was going to use makoto (in both singles and teams). don't worry, if he used makoto, the results probably wouldn't change either (lol i'm exposing pui now).

anyways yea, mtl deserves everything. cheers. look forward to seeing how you all do at SB.

good player is good player

bad player is bad player

stop exposing me sir =(

edit: sir why are you never on our side?

Yeah, T12 was a lot of fun.

Shoutouts to Kirbster for casuals and winning T12! Finally got a chance to play with you, after missing out on it for so long.

Shoutouts to Nini-Heart, we got to play a bit but I wanted to play you in Marvel as well. Missed my chance. btw, you are to me as "someone else" is to Roldy lol

Shoutouts to pochp for beating me in tourney. You beated your curse.

Shoutouts to Kaeru for GG!

Shoutouts to Steb for MvC3!

Shoutouts to Roldy for being so good at what he does.

Shoutouts to Jabir for holding it down and winning GG!

Shoutouts to organizers, sponsors, TTT and everyone who made it possible!

Shoutouts to MTL for coming!

I slept in so late I was like "fuck, it's already 3" and didn't feel up to going out. Sorry I didn't make it for the second day.

Shoutouts to nekoneko and his friend whose gamertag I don't know

Shoutouts to Mr.Mortified for subway and his crazy busy life

Shoutouts to that MTL hazama for beating me round 1

Shoutouts to Julien and his rachel for knocking me out

Shoutouts to Leo raping my ass with Valk. Damn that 6-4 matchup. I want a rematch!

Shoutouts to everyone else I played that I can't remember right now.

Tournament was awesome. I was glad to come out.

Hopefully I'll meet some of the Toronto people at other gatherings, and hopefully I'll see Montreal at another tournament.

Late as I didn't play but whatever.

Shoutouts to mr. mortified. Poverty mods FOREVER

Shoutouts to nekonekoXD. I didn't realize you were announcing too. Get at that blue bezel!

Shoutouts to kaeru. Even just listening to your Bang tech is interesting.

Shoutouts to kirbster. Damn, I remember you telling me that you didn't do well at T11 and now you're winning T12. Congrats, dude.

Shoutouts to Nini. You're prolly the biggest K-ON fan I know.

Shoutouts to everyone I saw at Lovegety the day before.

Tournament was awesome. Too bad I was working from 10-3 both days. Good to see you guys again.

I'm late with these but hey, better late than never.

Shoutouts to:

Kaeru for keeping up the tradition for bodying me with your awesome Bang and as always being helpful with advice and being chill all-around.

Brice for offering to help me out with the bunking situation, repping Tager, and a ton of other stuff.

Nini for having a badass Makoto despite only semi-playing the game and getting 4th even with my crappy controller. And for being hilarious.

Kirbster for winning T12 and repping Montreal and Rachels. Even through just the GO events I could see a ton of improvement and your drive to get better. You deserved it, man. Oh, and for not getting upset when you having short hair made me briefly think you were someone else after a night of 4 hours of sleep.

pochp for being the sane in a room of crazy. And for agreeing to do commentary.

Montreal in general for like, essentially "unofficially adopting me" in the BB tourney.

Luke for showing a different side of Mu and having a beastly Urien in 3rd Strike.

FreezerB for being a freaking life saver and making me even getting down there possible.

Roldy for carrying my sorry ass in Blazblue teams.

NeoRussell for not only making this possible, but for the whole pre-reg thing.

Level6 for making me remember why I simultaneously like AND hate Tsubaki, and for leveling up.

Mortified for making me respect the 720 and leading me to go and experiment with a ton more anti-Tager tactics.

Leo for taking good care of my stick when I wasn't using it.

Fugu for keeping calm and being nice when I flipped out and got salty over your Litchi being too good in casuals.

Also, shout outs to everyone involved in the tournament, having an absolute blast, all of the epic matches, and Ottawa for repping us well, and making me feel like 'one of the guys'.

Fugu for keeping calm and being nice when I flipped out and got salty over your Litchi being too good in casuals.

It's all good, you should hear how vigorously I yell at the TV when I play online. Win or lose, I'm swearing like a motherfucker about something.

It's all good, you should hear how vigorously I yell at the TV when I play online. Win or lose, I'm swearing like a motherfucker about something.

First off, LOL at Linear, since that nickname to my nickname has been used for a while now, actually.

And yeah, I have a tendency to get quite angry, ESPECIALLY in Uncharted 2 online. But, I was actually doing one ranked match on CS2 against a Hakumen and well...let's just say I forgot the mic is still on for that.

Damn finally got some time to post my shoutouts. :toot:

Shouts to the main man Kirb, you are the 2nd non-TO person in the 8 years of T tourneys to become the champ amongst the GG/BB community. I've admired your Rachel ever since MAT, it's very different from the Rachels here, so grats on winning. I'm still laughing at how we haven't played a single game yet haha. Next time we gotta play a few and smoke a joint too. :keke:

Shouts to my bro Brice for being an awesome weaboo. Too much work has made me lose my mashing skills, I'll get you next time in bishi bashi! Did anyone else notice that Brice got more quiet after beer? Guess you couldn't talk drunk in english lol. Stay linguistically free.

Shouts to Ranmah, you gotta get your bros to play more GG! Good games in gear man and nice try against Marlinpie, you almost had him.

Shouts to Nini for falling for Toronto's trap card, and for being the only one to put sugar in asian tea. Ahahahahahhahahahaha.

Shouts to Level5 for leveling up on stream, but losing lol!

Shouts to Pedro, Kaeru, Steb, and any other MTLs I forgot. You guys definitely made this tourney worthwhile, wouldn't have been the same without you. I hope you guys had a blast even though we suck. It's really unfortunate that most of us just don't have the drive/passion/time to play anymore. I feel like I let you guys down because I couldn't put up a challenge, but it is what it is.

Toronto - Shouts to Roldy for his new venom technology, you beast bro. Shouts to Magus for being a sponsored player, this will be a running joke for tournaments to come lol. Shouts to Leo for doing an awesome job hosting, but you almost had me at a heart attack with the missing pot lol. Shouts to K2 for thinking we had the slightest chance to win against MTL when we hardly play this game, keep the faith strong! Shouts to Dio for being a retard in the GG team tourney. Shouts to my bro Jabir, there was no hype in the GG finals because nobody expected you to lose lol, you are the king. Shoutouts to all the new Toronto BB players, you guys are the next generation so practise up and continue our legacy as top players. Not much else to say, we lost the battle but we were all expecting it, and we all accept it.

Needless to say, as I'm sure everyone's gotten the hint by now, but I'm done with fighting games. I just don't have the time/passion to play anymore. I'm a workaholic and rarely play anything for a while now, so I'd rather focus on the things that I do have a drive for, like my career. I'll show up at random gatherings to chill and all, but don't expect anything more than talk from me lolol. Maybe I'll be back when the next GG comes out, so play more GG MTL! It was a great run guys. <3

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for participating in T12.

I do hope everyone had a great time.

I insisted that you guys come back on Sunday to get your money's worth.

Personally, I like the BB community. They always bring the hype of all hypes.

Hopefully we grabbed that and it showcased in the Top 4.

Sorry about the internet outage during BB, Hotel was going crazy where everything internet was down.

It is saved in Spooky's channel for people to watch.

I would like to thank Nazir, Pui and Leo for running BB.

With that many people, i'm sure it was a challenge. You guys ran through it and got out in the right time.

Thanks again everyone and hopefully we can garner more players for next BB installment.

NeoRussell

Shouts to Leo for doing an awesome job hosting, but you almost had me at a heart attack with the missing pot lol.

yo i had a heart attack too. no one should trust me with money man :/.

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for participating in T12.

I do hope everyone had a great time.

I insisted that you guys come back on Sunday to get your money's worth.

Personally, I like the BB community. They always bring the hype of all hypes.

Hopefully we grabbed that and it showcased in the Top 4.

Sorry about the internet outage during BB, Hotel was going crazy where everything internet was down.

It is saved in Spooky's channel for people to watch.

I would like to thank Nazir, Pui and Leo for running BB.

With that many people, i'm sure it was a challenge. You guys ran through it and got out in the right time.

Thanks again everyone and hopefully we can garner more players for next BB installment.

NeoRussell

Cool, good to know the stuff got saved. Looking forward to it being available on his channel.

Finally recovered from AWSM TRIP, time for my own wall of text

Toronoto ROCKS, i feel so fortunate to be able to go over there and meet you all. I also feel humbled by all the powerful fighting spirits in Toronto !!!!

Mtl:

Shoutouts to Kirbster for your positive attitude, in glory and in defeat you command respect from your peers and im glad to have you as an opponent. Never lose that eye of the tiger you have !

Major shoutout to Brice. You my friend bring all the energy to any fight, any meetup. There are very very few who can supercharge a room, Montreal is BEYOND lucky to have you, and i think All of Toronto agrees with that. BRING THE HYPE !!

Shoutouts to Level6, We've been joking about your level for awhile now, im so proud to see you get so far !! Keep going !!

Shoutouts to Pedro and Rhannmah for driving the second car,i think our overwhelming numbers made a great impression, and it would've been impossible without dedication like yours.

Shoutouts to Steb for becoming so god damn good, your execution has become scary, i never see you drop anything anymore !! I must admit i am jealous !! You're an inspiration.

Shoutouts to Nini for being such a softy, in many different occasions during our whole trip. I have more respect for you every day. Thanks for being so grand.

Shoutouts to LiveWire for coming all the way to toronto. Keep practicing, focus on blocking, Im glad you made the trip, it was a great opportunity to level up !

Shoutouts to FreezerBurn, THANKS FOR COMING TO TORONTO ! You're also from Ottawa right?? Let's FITE !! get driven !

TORONTOOOOOO !!!!!!!

YOU GUYS ROCK!!

Shoutouts to your whole damned city ! best trip i've had in a long long time !!

Shoutouts to XDest for coming in second and being Toronto's teeth and claws!

Shoutouts to DeadliestX for sending me to losers on round 1, it was a serious wakeup. I didn't take any match after that one lightly, not even a little. And i think it helped me stay in as long as i did. I love how streamlined your tager play is, nothing unnecessary, great decision making coupled with great blocking. Stay strong !

Shoutouts to Linear, it was sooo much fun sharing my discoveries with another bang player, and i am DEEPLY HUMBLED by your positive spirit and respect. Let's keep in touch!!

Shoutouts to Leo7, man.. thanks for running all of that.. it could NOT have been easy. Toronto is a great place thanks to you. I was overjoyed to know you play bang, too And you're so good at all the chars you play! It was such a pleasure sharing stuff with you ! I miss our convos and casuals already!!!

Shoutouts Zeero, you're so freaking strong, man ! Amazing Valk and Carl, you've set the bar for ALL of us here in MTL, and reminded us what it's like to know there are people on a whole different level. It's scary and driving at the same time. Being driven to improve and driven to fight harder, these are the things i live for, thank you for you !!

Shoutouts to Kousaka, You too, just like Zeero, i feel are on a totally different level ! So different from when we fought at MATVIII, i am glad we got some casuals in, i very much look forward to our next fight !!

Shoutouts to Roldy for stealing our nini's heart ! bahaha, you are a great fighter man, i had so much fun in our fights, they were all so close and we were both right at the edge the whole time. Fights like those are so damn good and get all the adrenaline and hype going. And fighting against you got our spirits built up so much it was a great feeling. I sincerely thank you for each of our fights.

Shoutouts to Honhonhon, we had SO much fun making fun of everything and nothing, Thanks for hosting 2 of us at your place and thanks for being so amusing even with no sleep XD. I can't wait to hang out with you again !! We didn't even fight a single match but we had a BLAST. Enjoy your canadidan lol.

Shoutouts to Julien for having such a good Rachel !! I wish we could've had more matches !

Shoutouts to Fugu, We need to fight more !! Our next battle will be so amazing !

I had such a great time, sorry it took so long to put up my shootouts. There's nothing worth more than pure BURNING TAMASHI, and toronto is a gold mine. I feel like doing the trip once a month just to feed off that wonderful energy you guys have. Bang himself would be humbled by you guys. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart, and i know all of montreal feels the same way. THANKS GUYS !!