Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShadowFiend

[Dec 17, 2011] -SoCal Regionals 2011- Dec.17-18 Irvine, Ca. (Irvine, CA)

I'm trying to make it, but it depends on my irl situation. It'd be kinda hard to go if I dont have a home to come back to :/

Does anyone know whether it's alright/appropriate to sell commission work here? I'm always looking for the opportunity to supply pictures to the crowd. I've done it at NCI and Dromstruction thus far, if you haven't heard of/seen me around.

Does anyone know whether it's alright/appropriate to sell commission work here? I'm always looking for the opportunity to supply pictures to the crowd. I've done it at NCI and Dromstruction thus far, if you haven't heard of/seen me around.

Hello Sidedash,

We have official SCR photographers there.

You can take pictures for personal use but by no means are you allowed to sell anything at the event.

He means custom drawn artwork (for sticks, posters, etc.), but perhaps that also falls under the same rules?

He means custom drawn artwork (for sticks, posters, etc.), but perhaps that also falls under the same rules?

Thanks for the clarification and yes, this falls under the same rules good sir =)

Will there be any room for casuals for GG? :[ I can bring 2 setups?

There will be a BYOC section where EGP and UGTL are hosting this year at SCR.

So the more the merrier good sir!

SoCal Regionals Cosplay Contest!

post-13643-139515165763_thumb.jpg

Yes, you read right, we’re having some added fun this year for all you creative cosplay fans! Since SCR is a fighting game event, we want to keep the theme to fighters only! This event will be a competition so expect some over the top cosplay! Will there be any prizes? Absolutely! Winners will get some awesome prizes from our sponsors at SCR that won’t disappoint! So come out, suit up, and rush that cosplay down!

I. Registration

- Registration for the contest will be on-site only from 8am-10am. Please register in the check-in table located at the front entrance of the event.

- Upon registration, please give your name(gamertag) and cosplay description(name of character).

- Onsite registration is only $5.

- Cosplay contest starts at 4pm.

II. Awards

- Most awards will be given by discretion of a panel of judges. Participants must identify themselves to the judges in this order: name, character, game character is from.

A. Best in Show

Great performance and costume that grabs the attention of the audience.

Acts like the character portrayed.

Incorporates elements of “Best Craftsmanship” (see below).

B. Best Craftsmanship

Difficulty of costume/props.

Attention to detail and similarity to character portrayed.

Amount of effort put into costume’s creation.

C. Stream Monsters’ Choice

Viewers will vote for a winner (fan favorite).

III. Rules and Regulations

- ALLrules must be observed. Inability to comply with the rules will result in disqualification.

A. The Character

Character chosen is restricted to fighting games only.

Marvel characters must have appeared in theMarvel vs. Capcomseries.

DC characters must have appeared inMortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

Choosing a character that is not overdone is to your advantage.

B. The Costume

Whole costumes mustNOTbe bought from a Halloween store or similar.

Majority of costume must be hand-made.

Participant will be asked questions about craftsmanship by the judges.

No characters in “street clothes.”

Regular, everyday clothing is not engaging, and thus not permitted.

Body Coverage

All costumes need to be tasteful; the barest minimum of coverage that will be allowed at the event will be that of a bikini.

Body paint, latex pasties, etc. are not considered adequate body coverage without additional clothing worn over it.

C. The Skit (Optional)

If participants choose not to have a skit, they must complete the following steps:

Identify him/herself as stated above.

Walk to the center of the stage.

Pose facing the audience.

Pose facing the judges.

Speak with the judges about craftsmanship of costume.

Participants with skits must first identify themselves before proceeding with the skit.

Skits must last no more than 2 minutes.

If music or a soundtrack is required, participants must provide audio equipment.

After the skit is completed, participants must follow stepsc-eas stated above (CategoryC1).

post-13643-139515165771_thumb.jpg

Mad Catz, one of the biggest supporters of the competitive gaming scene and the fighting game community will be back as the OFFICIAL arcade stick of SCR2011! Mad Catz will be present at this year’s event supporting through prizes for top placers and donating some cash to the prize pool! Thinking about purchasing an arcade stick? Mad Catz will have exclusive on site deals during SCR2011. Come visit the Mad Catz booth for the best deals on Team Mad Catz apparel, gaming controllers and gaming audio products! For more information on Mad Catz products please check them out below:

WEB – http://www.madcatz.com

STORE – http://store.gameshark.com

TWITTER – http://twitter.com/MadCatzInc

FACEBOOK – http://facebook.com/MadCatzInc

TEAM – http://TeamMadCatz.com

Here is a list of prizes that Mad Catz will be providing for the tournaments and events!

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Ver. 2012

1st – Street Fighter X Tekken Arcade FightStick PRO for Xbox 360

2nd – TRITTON ‘Detonator’ Gaming Headset for Xbox 360

3rd – Team Mad Catz Arcade FightStick Messenger Bag

Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3

1st – Street Fighter X Tekken Arcade FightStick PRO for Xbox 360

2nd – TRITTON ‘Detonator’ Gaming Headset for Xbox 360

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II

1st – MLG Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for PlayStation 3

2nd – TRITTON AX720 Gaming Headset for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360

Mortal Kombat1st – MLG Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for PlayStation 3

King of Fighters XIII

1st – MLG Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for PlayStation 3

Skull Girls

1st – Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for PlayStation 3

2nd – Team Mad Catz Shirt

TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2

1st – Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for PlayStation 3

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

1st – Super Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition ‘S’ for Xbox 360

Super Street Fighter II TURBO

1st – Super Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition ‘S’ for Xbox 360

SCR Cosplay Event

1st for each award – Marvel vs Capcom 2 Fight Stick

Is there anyone in Socal that would be willing to let me stay at their house during the nights between the event days? I don't think anybody else from Norcal is going to be coming so now I'm kinda... Screwed. lol :V

Edit: I don't take up any space at all and I can sleep anywhere. :3

Double Edit: And... And... I can cook/clean/play Blazblue with you/do stuff to make up for the hospitality...

Is there anyone in Socal that would be willing to let me stay at their house during the nights between the event days? I don't think anybody else from Norcal is going to be coming so now I'm kinda... Screwed. lol :V

Edit: I don't take up any space at all and I can sleep anywhere. :3

Double Edit: And... And... I can cook/clean/play Blazblue with you/do stuff to make up for the hospitality...

If you have a car and I can car pool with you I live almost an hour away in torrance and I might be able to talk my parents into letting you stay at my house for the weekend, I just dont have a ride as it stands :gonk:

If you absolutely, positively have no alternatives, I can house you.

I think pulsr is housing a lot of people already, so you may want to try asking him or someone staying with him otherwise. Sanoshi might also be someone to ask.

I'm open for any option really, but sorry Alphadoom I don't have a car. I'm landing there then uh was going to get a ride back to Norcal hopefully but I don't have a place to stay atm :(

And Xie you're awesome.

I'm open for any option really, but sorry Alphadoom I don't have a car. I'm landing there then uh was going to get a ride back to Norcal hopefully but I don't have a place to stay atm :(

And Xie you're awesome.

Play CSEX and keep him up all night! That way he won't be mentally ready for the tournament! Mwahaha.

Anyway, I think I'm driving down with a couple friends. We're pretty much full in the car, though, so I can't really offer rides or anything. Probably going to end up at the suggested hotel on the SCR website. Is that really close to the venue?

I'm pretty sure the Atrium is close by, since they offer a shuttle service to UCI along with a breakfast buffet :cool:

Neato~. :D

That means I can wake up later, hahaha.

Don't worry about it beaver, I hope u can find a place to stay. Also if u do need a place to stay see if I've found a ride or not if i have u have a place to stay for sure.

If anyone has space and is going near torrance it would be cool if I could hitch a ride, I can help with gas.

I don't own a ps3 capable joystick yet I was wondering if they will have joysticks for people to use, or am I just screwed for ps3 if I can't find a nice person?