Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kanom

Eddie vs. Zappa

well i play both zappa and eddie i'm curious about what you guys have to say about this match up !!

I actually hate this matchup. Zappa's centipedes beat damn near everything, the little eddie gets beat out by dogs and ghosts, and zappa's movement make it hard to lock him down. Eddie's 5p goes right over him, and Zappa can lock Eddie down something nasty in the corner. I'll give the edge to Eddie only b/c he has wakeup unblockables and does way more damage.

Ghost Zappa is a bitch to deal with, as I found out c/o Zeero at T8. Eddie's 2K within ghost poke range and Far Drill are your best bets of hitting Zappa, but even then it's very tough. For all summons other than ghost, I've found drills to work extremely well due to Zappa's tendency to stay grounded (if he jumps you can 6P him pretty easily). Guardian - If Zappa is blocking low he still has to block 5P, although you are right in that if he is doing nothing or throwing a crouching move out, he avoids it. At least it was this way in Slash, but I doubt it has changed since. Either way, 2P/2K are the pokes of choice in this matchup in AC so it's not such a huge deal now.

Generally I won't summon if he has ghost out because it's too easy for him to make you block. If you can get him into pressure when he has it out, chances are you're going to get in with any decent mixup game due to his lack of options.

you're right my friend is good at guilty gear in general,he plays a decent eddie "not like ogawa" but he's good at it,ghosts give him a hard time,but most of the time he wins!! ps: he's eddie,i'm zappa!! my opinion is: it's hard to hit zappa imblockables work on him but it's harder than other characters! it's quiet easy to lock eddie on wake up since he don't have vulcanic viper :) but eddie hurt a lot "damage+" got nice pokes "range+" mawaru strings irritate me!!