Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gli

[CSE] Rachel - Final Changes Discussion

yeah most of her combos in cs2 ended with 3-4 wind gain even without meter :v good times.

alot of people got nerfed hard, not just rachel. l wonder what arksys is trying to do?

we'll have to see how Rachel turns out. Let's hope this isn't CS1 redux

I doubt that. She still has her 6a. j.a is still an overhead and j.2c is air-cancelable. Rachel was given stronger mix-ups in return for damage.

Relentless;1158884']We don't know yet if 6A is still as good. The changes state that the hitboxes of some moves got nerfed but it doesn't say which ones.

I looked at the list. It says that proration of normal moves have changed. Not hit-boxes. Not sure which ones. But we still don't know a lot about her yet.

I doubt that. She still has her 6a. j.a is still an overhead and j.2c is air-cancelable. Rachel was given stronger mix-ups in return for damage.

sure, i'd trade damage for better mix-up, but we really don't know how better her mix-up is. Can't wait to finally see videos of her in action.

A rachel player on nicovideo is streaming and answering question and talking about CSE Rachel changes. He seem to be talking a lot about j.b.

If only I can understand him T-T.

Just talking. No gameplay vids sadly. Closest I've seen of rachel gameplay is her getting combo by haz ):

Well, looking at that match between serori(a very good cs2 rachel player) and akira, it just looks like Rachel is back to CS1 status. Let's hope it's just that Serori hasn't found what to do yet. But from my standpoint, it just looks bad whichever way I look at it.

Well keep in mind that Serori was versing Tager, Rachel has to completely alter her gameplay against him. Let's wait for a match that doesn't involve Tager before we jump to conclusions.

Though I feel like she's still far from CS1 status. CS1 Rachel had horrendus damage and very few tools. But she still has most of her CS2 tools and some new ones. I doubt that damage is as bad as it was in CS1, but I understand, it still sounds bad.

I still have confidence. Tager has always been a wildcard match for anyone. A couple of minor changes makes the match-up new again. Charged Sledgehammers, new pushback on barrier guard+IB, 6B with no jump-cancel properties, and most of all the reduced damage. I can see why a Rachel player would want to play more lame under these conditions.

In short: serori was simply outplayed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTcO_0l5CBQ Yeah, this thing. So finally a video of her is up. Let's all see some numbers for all of these combos...

Pumpkin, 5A(1), 5B, 3C(1), Iris, 5CC

CS2: 1454 CSEX: 1484

j.A, j.B, 5A(1), 5B, 6B, 5CC, 236B

CS2: 1472 CSEX: 1484

George, Pumpkin (5th hit?), 5CC

CS2: 1601 CSEX: 1520

2B, 5B, 5CC

CS2: 1416 CSEX: 1465

j.A, j.B

CS2: 479 CSEX: 502

j.A, j.B, 5A(1), 5B, 6B, Pumpkin, 5B, 5CC

CS2: 1455 CSEX: 1457

Pumpkin, 5A(1), 5B, j.B, j.C, j.C, Iris

CS2: 1450 CSEX: 1434

So there you go! Come to your own conclusions. (No, seriously, because I have no idea. Short combos are very slightly stronger? George has worse P1? Combos may or may not do less total damage as they get longer?)

I just re-watched the video over and over again and in the first round, there are MANY times where I would've done a way bigger CS2 combo. There were many openings, she just didn't capitalize on them. Why? One reason might be the reduced combo rate, which makes all these j2c lvl 2 combos not possible anymore. I just wish this isn't the case, but there's no way serori wouldn't know about them. I hope i'm just overreacting.

try not to think too much into it. Rachel is a complex character, so it'll take more than a few days for her best players to figure her out again.

I just re-watched the video over and over again and in the first round, there are MANY times where I would've done a way bigger CS2 combo. There were many openings, she just didn't capitalize on them. Why? One reason might be the reduced combo rate, which makes all these j2c lvl 2 combos not possible anymore. I just wish this isn't the case, but there's no way serori wouldn't know about them. I hope i'm just overreacting.

I'm thinking the same exact thing. Either he cut those combos short because he's bad at hitconfirming, or he's forced to because the combos we might think of simply don't work...

Crossing my fingers.