Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gli

[CSE] Rachel - Final Changes Discussion

Well with the list of known nerfs and what we just saw, I can't think that it looks good. Serori is not some random shmuck, he knows how to play.

But yes, we REALLY need more videos.

From two recent videos:

Corner: 6A(CH) > 6A > BBL --> 2792dmg --> 214A > 5CC > 236A > sj9 j.2C(Lv2) > 2A(w) > 5CC pumpkin oki (3920dmg)

Corner: 214A > 5B > 236A > (frog hits) > 6A > BBL --> 3132dmg --> sj8D > j.236A(w) > j.2C(Lv3) > 214A > 5CC > 236A (frog hits) > sj9 j.2C(Lv2) > 2A(w) > 5CC > 3C(1) > 214C > 3C(1) frog oki (5364dmg)

Someone compare this to CS2 please :toot:

ah, alright.

first combo, cs2=4228. from only up to bbl, it's 2402. second combo= 5648. from only up to bbl, its 3471.

around 3-400 damage difference. negligible.

seems like everything for the most part about her corner combos are unchanged besides bbl/frog damage nerf.

6A (CH) 6A BBL (2402) 214A 5CC 236A sj.9 jc j.2C 2A(w) 5CC 4228

214A 5B 236A (george) 6A BBL (3471) lvl3 j.2C 214A 5CC 236A (george) sj.9 jc j.2C 2A(w) 5CC 3C(1) 214C 3C(1) --> 5882

edit: slow me. :v:

Well i'm not really happy that Rachel was given a handful of nerfs and seemingly nothing to compensate. It's not like she was owning left and right in CS2, she was just OK. At least those nerfs apparently aren't catastrophic.

She's looking fine. What a relief!

We can still do lvl2 j.2c combos off random midscreen frog hits, so that's good : 6b *frog zaps* > 5b > j.c > 2d > JC > lv2 j.2c > 5cc did 2507 damage. Maybe it won't work with jabs added in, but so far it's not looking bad.

She gets 5k in the corner off 5b and a mortal counter (lol japanese google translation from the Rachel BBS). But most importantly, 6a is still looking good, and CH pumpkin still has a lot of untechable time for us to confirm into a combo.

Wasn't j2c supposed to be special cancellable on hit, possibly on block? I'm starting to doubt that, i haven't seen anyone use it yet

None of these Rachel players had the opportunity to end an air combo with j.2C though. We shouldn't jump on conclusions after 3 matches, there are lots of things we have yet to see what our Hime-sama can do and what she can't.

rachel imo is pretty close to broken in cs2. or at least, she is really strong. lt just wasn't really shown considering people dont play her. (thats why l was a bit miffed when l saw she was only above tager in that one tier list)

lnstant corner carry from almost any ground normal using x winds which you get back depending on the combo you do. great neutral with summons (only really loses to other zoners), gdlk rushdown. she can approach fast and keep momentum from anywhere on screen.

in the corner, george + pumpkin oki is of course really strong, with a minimum of 3k meterless and 5-6k with meter. 3 pole setup is still ridiculous, 3-4 primers gone and possibly 5k (or leave them with 1 primer danger mode, with a potential to do 7k) from a relatively easy, safe setup. corner usually means gg for any foe in cs2.

really, damage nerf means nothing to rachel, especially 3-400 worth. what, rachel players have to work slightly harder with some of the nerfs? pffft.

After watching the two videos I've relieved that she's fine. The damage nerf almost means nothing to Rachel and her other nerfs are pretty small. It's just that Rachel players need to work a little harder. One thing I noticed is that the lvl.3 j.2c trick still works, so that's a plus for us. Wonder why they didn't take it out. I mean they did take it out in the loke-tests.

So glad the level 3 trick is still in and damage nerf isn't comparable to CS1. If nerfs were really bad, I'd drop Rachel out of butthurt because I really don't want to have that wonderful CS1 experience all over again.

YES!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15844478

Confirmed at 17:25, j2c cancel into pumpkin on hit! Awesome! j2c is special cancellable! Now, if it's cancellable on block, i will never complain again. Though, even if it's not, this opens up many interesting possibilities, such as new setups, more powerful oki after j2c combo ender, possible j2c lvl2 combo variants, etc. etc!

yes, but its harder now. And still the only AA vs Valkenhayns j.C and Hakumen. But now reward is very bad for chairs.

In that video vs Carl, Rachel did corner throw into 5cc, frog setup... twice in a row. I wonder if you can't get a lvl2 j.2c combo + frog oki off of a corner throw anymore... or if he was just lazy/didn't know the good combos.

Hm, lobelia whiff is still in? I'll just use that, then, for high BBL combos.

Anyone remember if B/C lobelia got recovery nerfs? I seem to recall reading that somewhere, but I don't remember if I read that or if it was something more like "only A lobelia remains unchanged" or what. Ugh. Might've been bad info, for all I know.

B/C lobelias have less untechable, 5CC 236B 5CC does not works afaik=(

Still works in the videos I've been seeing.

I also saw a lobelia whiff fatal j.2c lvl3 in the corner (gamechariot vid vs Lambda), so it seems that they did put it back in, though I have my doubts about whether the midscreen version is still in.