Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gli

[CSE] Rachel - Final Changes Discussion

So... I guess the new barrier system is a pretty heavy nerf (affects both her offensive and defensive options significantly), but the plus side is BBL guard crush setups are now very dangerous (using your resources correctly to put them into Danger state is a pretty good reward).

They were dangerous enough as it is in CS2, so I can second your claim. If barrier takes that long to regenerate then we're in some really good luck.

It's a shame that 5CC doesn't break primer anymore, but I think with a frog we can still squeeze in 2 4B's into the guard stun and start the hacking away at guard primers. It's not hard to do a 2 or 3 pole BBL in the corner, and it' definitely worth the heat. Since the barrier pushback applies to everybody (and Rachel has wind to push herself right back in), then I honestly think the new barrier system does Rachel players more justice if anything.

Rachel's pressure is still flawless.

Since the barrier pushback applies to everybody (and Rachel has wind to push herself right back in), then I honestly think the new barrier system does Rachel players more justice if anything.

i think new barrier is good for Rachel, she have no reversal, and chair is dead in csex.

I would laugh so much if it was JCable again. Retarded shit that was, but so totally necessary. But I know i'm going to abuse the shit out of air cancellable J.2C. I'm really looking forward to CSE Rachel now, for better or worse she's still one of the most fun and exciting characters in the game. /notbias

I don't know if I should ask this here but since you guys are talking about this...what's so gdlk about j.2C being special cancellable on air hit? I don't play Rachel so I don't know much about her. [i'll begin to play her a bit when I find someone who plays BB.]

j.2C being air cancellable basically means she has a 100% safe way to reset pressure regardless of where they tech (using the pumpkin to follow the opponent.)

To put it into context, j.2C is only cancellable into normals on the ground in CS2. Ending an air combo into j.2C>normal is a bit inconsistent and risky without pumpkin as it loses to certain teching and mashing.

Currently when you end an aircombo with j.2C for the knockdown, you have to cancel the landing animation into 2A, and it will whiff if the opponent emergency techs. You can proceed to do mixups from there, but depending on the matchup they are most likely suboptimal.

With j.2C being special cancelable on air hit, you can do a combo into j.2C, then cancel it into pumpkin right before landing, and wind it towards the opponent when they get up for a much safer and stronger oki game.

5CC B cannon 5CC 3C Sword Iris 5CC frog still works (I think only off of good starters). TD looks like they changed the untechability overall... including the smaller projectiles (level 4 King Pumpkin bluebeat and all the hits after king pumpkin also bluebeat).

sigh, they are making td so bad again... l was thinking of getting a name more powerful, fitting. l knew l should have went with bbl first -_-

anyway how bad is the untechable time on b/c lobelia? in cs2 c lobelia could hit ch from its peak height and the foe couldn't tech until they hit the ground (thats alot of time). are there any vids yet with b/c lobelia ch?

in fact i've seen but one video of new rach... l should probably check 'em out in a few.

The untech time change isn't huge. You can't wait for people to fall all the way back to the ground for 5B combos if you CH them high up anymore, I believe. That's about it.

On normal hit, untech time may have changed by 2 frames or so. I don't think we're clear on this, but again the change doesn't look to be hugely different.

As long as Rachel can still move while the projectiles are still on the screen and get invisi-mixup/wind/summons, it's still good.

I'm really starting to wonder if the postings about worse character combo rate/pumpkin proration are true or just bogus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fpatMTvOCfM#t=4m20s

Pumpkin > 2A > 5B > 6CD8D > 5B > 5CC > 236B > d.5CC > d.3C > 214C > 3C (2,2kish).

So many Rachel players cut that combo short, then Matsu walks up like a boss and does the whole thing like it's nothing, with a similar amount of damage. Maybe j.C > dash 5B doesn't work anymore (although I'm 99% sure the 5B in the video was a dashing one), but everything else is perfectly possible as it seems even from a kinda butt starter like Pumpkin > 2A.

Relentless;1173120']I'm really starting to wonder if the postings about worse character combo rate/pumpkin proration are true or just bogus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fpatMTvOCfM#t=4m20s

Pumpkin > 2A > 5B > 6CD8D > 5B > 5CC > 236B > d.5CC > d.3C > 214C > 3C (2,2kish).

So many Rachel players cut that combo short, then Matsu walks up like a boss and does the whole thing like it's nothing, with a similar amount of damage. Maybe j.C > dash 5B doesn't work anymore (although I'm 99% sure the 5B in the video was a dashing one), but everything else is perfectly possible as it seems even from a kinda butt starter like Pumpkin > 2A.

It's a dashing 5B in the video.

5B 5CC does not works on valkenhayn in cs2 without wind)tager and ragna needs no dashing before 5B.

Relentless;1173166']How can untechable time be characterspecific?
hitboxes. tager is fat.you can press 5c earlier for him before you can, say, litchi, in this combo.

Relentless;1173120']I'm really starting to wonder if the postings about worse character combo rate/pumpkin proration are true or just bogus.

It's true (that it's been nerfed, or at this point... there's very little reason to doubt it). Though I guess it's kind of a misunderstanding of what character combo rate does. I asked Spark to clarify since I was also a little confused, but for the most part it just determines overall damage (though you could argue that length of combos is shortened because if you reach the point where you can automatically tech, that part would be reached faster if your character has a lower combo rate).

And yes. I'm pretty sure Pumpkin prorate has also been nerfed. CS2 Pumpkin into Cannon into Sword Iris does 972 compared to CSX's 800ish damage. Either the damage on one of those three attacks has been significantly decreased (though I wouldn't be surprised if Sword Iris got another damage nerf, I don't think it'd be that significant of a change), or pumpkin is ass as a starter. On top of that, you also forgot that 6C does more damage in CSX... so technically, that combo should do more damage than in CS2, but the fact that it does less also means that proration changes are very likely.

TD- No. That's incorrect. Hitboxes wouldn't have anything to do with untechability time. Tager's hitbox is fat enough to where attacks hit him sooner than it would most characters (IE character specific combos)... so... it's pretty much a hitbox issue that has nothing to do with how long a move is untechable for.

:psyduck: isnt that almost exactly what l said? l remember saying tager's hitbox is fat and you can therefore do 5c sooner, and you said the same thing, and then l wasnt right

*is really confused*

:psyduck: isnt that almost exactly what l said? l remember saying tager's hitbox is fat and you can therefore do 5c sooner, and you said the same thing, and then l wasnt right

*is really confused*

It's incorrect in that untechability time has nothing to do with it. It would just be a hitbox issue.