Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya Changes Discussion Thread

That makes sense for why the increase was such a small number, and almost static.

EDIT: Wait, actually it looks like there was a slight buff: "j.C > 5B > 5CC > 5D lvl 3 > 214A~C~C (no mashing) > 5CC > JC > j.B > JC > j.D lvl 3" does 3423 in CS2 and 3439 in CSEX.

Gotta add the fact that everyone 5/2/j.A had a damage buff as well. 2A does 300 now.

buffed her strongest move yahoo

The matches are on the 1&3 Part.

-in Midscreen 2C > 2D > 214ACB > 2A 5C 2D Lvl 1 > 5B 6A > Aerial

-Corona have now a very short unteachable time

-Mars Chopper OH hit > RC > 5B 5CC 6BC > StarGazer > 2A 5B 6A > Aerial

~.~ Ragna j.C j.C j.C j.C hit? Meterless 4500 Damage midscreen + 50 Heat

cs1 makoto was really boring. I didn't want to explore the options of looping or any of that so i played her without it and it got boring. Can she still bring opponents to the corner with metet?

Something I got Tsujikawa's twitter:

マコトはコンボも伸びないだろうし、何が楽しいキャラなんだろうな・・・ワンチャンの火力もタオカカの方がありそう。一応距離が限られるけど空中の相手に低ダJCJB>ビッグバン>拾いとか出来たらちょっと威力はあるけど、状況限定すぎる。6C>ビッグバンから拾いは無理だろうしなー

The matches are on the 1&3 Part.

-in Midscreen 2C > 2D > 214ACB > 2A 5C 2D Lvl 1 > 5B 6A > Aerial

Had a feeling that would work since the loketest changes.

Something I got Tsujikawa's twitter:

マコトはコンボも伸びないだろうし、何が楽しいキャラなんだろうな・・・ワンチャンの火力もタオカカの方がありそう。一応距離が限られるけど空中の相手に低ダJCJB>ビッグバン>拾いとか出来たらちょっと威力はあるけど、状況限定すぎる。6C>ビッグバンから拾いは無理だろうしなー

Had a feeling that would work since the loketest changes.

Looks like tsujikawa might end up being a traitor :(

Can I be a son of a bitch and ask for a full list of the new changes in the opening post?

I really enjoyed playing some Makoto now and then, It's a shame they don't know how to nerf top tiers.

Remove Combo-able DP

Remove Double Super

Make 6B Slower / Can't combo after 5CC

Remove Orb Oki

Sorted. Although I'll still play her as a sub sub sub sub.

I really enjoyed playing some Makoto now and then, It's a shame they don't know how to nerf top tiers.

Remove Combo-able DP

Remove Double Super

Make 6B Slower / Can't combo after 5CC

Remove Orb Oki

Sorted. Although I'll still play her as a sub sub sub sub.

In order:

1. They removed it 'cause it's kinda dumb (My reversals give me a full combo, without using meter)

2. That is just to limit damage from being too out of control, especially seeing as Particle Flare by itself did pretty decent damage.

3. All this means is you need to get better at hit confirming, and it's not like 6B is all that slow still.

4. You can still get orb oki, but it is in more specific situations (that Omni never mentioned).

One thing that quite a few Makoto players don't realize, is that some of her stuff was kinda dumb (ie; Parry, 'cause holy shit was that move amazing in CS2).

FAKE EDIT: Really, looking at her change list, it seems that they just wanted to nerf her combo game and Parry, leaving her pressure, rushdown, and mixup relatively the same, to give her a different mindset (She is now less based on corner carry and massive damage, and more based doing acceptable damage and ending every combo on oki, and beginning the process all over again), and really, I like it because this new mindset reminds me of Sol in Accent Core.

REAL EDIT: I think what I am saying is: While I kinda understand that some people would be saddened at how her changes remove the focus from what got them wanting to play the character, I actually like them, because they bring her more along to what I enjoy about her, and I can understand the mindset involved in the changes ("this character has better pressure, mixup, oki, and damage when compared to our other similar rushdown character. I think we may need to change something here")

If anything she is just a weaker Aino Heart from Arcana. I can see and reason with the damage tradeoff with Oki but now she (And a lot of the cast. ESPECIALLY Tager) Have some stupid looking combos going on...I'll have to play it myself but from what I've seen, Makoto looks dumb (Style wise).

Merh.

Thanks for the good reply

I can kinda see the whole damage being lowered complaint, especially now that some characters (especially Ragna) got a damage boost, but those boosts don't leave her damage in the dust, in fact, her damage is on average pretty decent (ie; midscreen off of 2A starter with no meter is 2.2k, 2.9k off of 5B, and in the corner around 3.5k to 4.5k, depending on the starter, and all of these end with good positioning/oki). Really, my biggest worry was that she would end up like CS2 Ragna or Bang, where she pretty much gets nothing in terms of damage or oki midscreen, unless it is with meter or a good counter/crouch confirm, but as I have seen that isn't the case.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think she will be high tier, but I do think she will be a decent choice, and probably in the middle to higher end of mid, just based on what it would take to be downright bad in this game. Now for all I know though, she could end up being a decent choice but still among the weakest.