Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CSE] Makoto Nanaya Changes Discussion Thread

Ok so it has been really hard to test anything. ( i always lose )

But here is some info

Level 1 2d and level 3 2d share the same proration, doesn't really seem like you can pick anything up off of that. (I need to test this again in a better setting) so sort of confirmed will verify today.

Optimal confirm mid screen on crouching opponent 2a 5b cc 6bc 214 acb 2a 6a 2d lvl 1 5b 6a (ender) Most enders are super jump j.c j.b dj j.c j.b corona upper. Or Jb j.d (unconfirmed saw Xie do this, but I'm unsure of starter. It maybe off of 6BC starter)

Star gazer will hit the opponent higher when you do it as an OTG, so when you do a corner combo you want to do 5d 214 acb 5b 6a 2d jd dash 2c orb dash 5cc jb jb corona upper. (you have to be really close to corner for her corner combos to work)

J.a can be used as many times as you want in a combo.

I talked with Xie about mid screen confirms, and they are all pretty weak, he prefers 2a 5b 5c 6c 214 aca 1.8k . I've done testing and the 2d cross under on tech still works so they might be a good ender to start using again, 2a 5b 5cc 2d lvl1

3c cannot combo into 2c, i've tried to pick it up on counter hit with no luck, that may be because of my hit confirming but I'm pretty sure you can't

air grab 2k damage sucks.

This may be in previous versions, but parrying the tip of tagers 5a leads to you getting stuck in parry animation and tager gets afree grab

Tagers 2a beats all of makoto's jump ins.

asteroid vision c same arc

Asteroid vision b cannot be used for combos , arc is slightly higher and pushes you slightly farther. seems like a mobility tool, dashing doesn't seem to have much of an affect on it.

If an opponent double jumps and you get a counter j.b you need to land and rejump to pick up a combo. on a single jump you you can get them with the tip of the top of 5b to 6a, doesnt seem like you can go into 2d though, may depend on spacing but atm it seems like you need them close to you to pick up the 5b.

Makoto is a much different character who isn't really combo focused as all. Xie said it best when they said Makoto is still a character she just may not be a contender. It will be like learning a new character and those who liked Makoto for combos will probably not find a lot here. So after playing her, I can understand those who are leaving makoto

I agree she was too strong in cs2 but in extent you have to commit to a lot (I lost a lot as will:arg:)

She far from being the worst char, if anything she's shaping up to look like the defining mid tier character like lambda was in the first few versions of CS.

On another note if I do continue to main makoto it's because messing with Vergil has left me enough creativity to last me ten more years.

Amazing matches. The top Makoto players from bbcs2.net:

1-Ryota 766 PSR

2-Goro 729 PSR

3-Wa Se 708 PSR

4-PureMakoUser 702 PSR

5-SuperMakotoGod 702 PSR

6-Yasuda 697 PSR

It seems Goro is back to us

traitor

She far from being the worst character

psst... abuse it while you can :P

Probably how terribad she is now.

:(

Why arc, why? Why was she nerfed so damn hard? It's like Rachel all over again...

*sigh*

:(

Why arc, why? Why was she nerfed so damn hard? It's like Rachel all over again...

*sigh*

Don't be over dramatic. She is still good, you are just gonna have to work instead of derping your way to victory.

Nice, in CSEX Makoto can only start her corner combos if she was really close to corner, so the new link (6C 214AC > Delay > C) can help you to get closer, tho it may be a character specific link.

Makoto is ok in CSEX, The only problem with Makoto now is how linear she became in her gameplay generaly (Boring). But in the end i approve these nerfs... as CS2 Makoto is super hated now, hopefully the nerfs will be enough to make ppl calm down -_-'

I hear people saying they find Makoto boring to watch, but wasn't it mostly corner carry combo into knockdown and corner carry combo into corner combo into oki before anyways? She seems a lot more fast paced than before, like the change to her drives after CS1 and the change to her general combo length after CS2. Of course that means she's gotten worse, after all, we need a lot more opportunities and openings to kill the opponent off instead of 2 or 3.

But, most of the combo enders should allow us to stay close to the opponent and maintain pressure. Heck, even her Counter Assault leaves to opponent right next to her. Yeah, she definitely has been nerfed pretty hard, but she still has plenty of her tools. And Asteroid Vision got adjusted as well.

Either way, who knows what will be discovered later on, especially with the console version in December.

Corner throw setup ender (5D > 6C > delay > 214C > j.A > j.B+C):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npB5oByYu6M#t=1m

And an example for the "new" CA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npB5oByYu6M#t=2m6s

(this is actually the same video GenoWhirl linked before, just on Jourdal's channel)

Also, is it just me or did 214C~D's stun decrease?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npB5oByYu6M#t=4m35s

Nice, in CSEX Makoto can only start her corner combos if she was really close to corner, so the new link (6C 214AC > Delay > C) can help you to get closer, tho it may be a character specific link.

I tried that and surprisingly it works on lambda even in CS2, so yeah it's probably chara-specific. But... this combo requires you exaclty reaching the corner with that 214AC > delay C. probably 5B 5CC 5D > dash 214A~C~B would have worked from that distance anyway, so I'm not very impressed about this "new" combo :/

It seems Goro is back to us

traitor

are there any vids of his makoto in extend?

:S

I tried that and surprisingly it works on lambda even in CS2, so yeah it's probably chara-specific. But... this combo requires you exaclty reaching the corner with that 214AC > delay C. probably 5B 5CC 5D > dash 214A~C~B would have worked from that distance anyway, so I'm not very impressed about this "new" combo :/

Better than nothing, plus you will get some stylish points for doing this combo :P

are there any vids of his makoto in extend?

:S

The other Makotos are doing great, we don't need goro. Anyway stick to your hard, high tier, cool looking, underplayed Mu and forget Makoto o3o