Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CSE] Iron Tager CS2 -> CSE Changelog

Akira's combo...when you can crack 4k without wasting meter. You know it's useful.

I see your 4k and and raise you 1k:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FL_5k0UJIM&feature=youtu.be#t=4m35s

Also though this was off a counterhit j2C, I'm not even sure we need the counter to legit combo off of j2C anymore, as evidenced here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FraMKBSXs7A&feature=youtu.be#t=4m11s

In general, in the videos Zoular posted, Tager is KICKING ASS. These are truly wondrous times, my brothers.

I see your 4k and and raise you 1k:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FL_5k0UJIM&feature=youtu.be#t=4m35s

Also though this was off a counterhit j2C, I'm not even sure we need the counter to legit combo off of j2C anymore, as evidenced here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FraMKBSXs7A&feature=youtu.be#t=4m11s

In general, in the videos Zoular posted, Tager is KICKING ASS. These are truly wondrous times, my brothers.

...You've done it again man, that was neg penalty. >.>

...You've done it again man, that was neg penalty. >.>

Well... okay I don't have an excuse this time that was pretty easy to see. God dammit.

Also on the second link, keep in mind valk was in wolf mode, meaning j.2C hit him later and therefore had greater frame advantage. If you hit a person standing (eg. after a whiffed 6A by ragna/rachel) it might not give enough hitstun relative to your recovery to combo off it.

Noticing a potential tech trap location that may have some use:

...j.2C, 5B > 5C > 623[C]

Or

...j.2C, 5B > 5C > (4D), 360B

Also on the second link, keep in mind valk was in wolf mode, meaning j.2C hit him later and therefore had greater frame advantage. If you hit a person standing (eg. after a whiffed 6A by ragna/rachel) it might not give enough hitstun relative to your recovery to combo off it.

Yeah I considered that. In the past though we'd combo with 2B after a j2C hit, and 5B is 1 frame faster. That's not much to speak of but it COULD allow us to combo off a non-counterhit somewhat more often. Somebody'd have to go in training mode and mess around with it.

More importantly, We can now combo from the long distance hits on j.2C using 5B > 5C > (whatever) where previously all we had was gadget finger or 5B > 4D.

seriously, every time that i see a new video of tager on CSEX i got a warm feeling on my pants :kitty:

its about all the potential of being a real threat now

He also seems to have forgotten what "stop" means in regards to blockstrings and pressure. Its awesome to see opponents actually be like "oh shit Tager's got his pressure on, I need to spend 50 meter to dead angle out of this."

The changes to 5B and 3C are easily the cornerstone of this new version.

The changes to 5B and 3C are easily the cornerstone of this new version.

I agree, the extra damage his moves do are the icing on the cake.

So Tagerbros, I'm gonna be going to Northwest Majors this weekend and there is going to be a playable version of Extend there for people to mess around with so I intend to play that shit a ton. I don't know if there are going to be any other Tager players from here at the event as the only Tager I know of from PNW here is Osuna and I dunno if he'll be there. But I'm here to ask you guys if there is anything you'd like me test out when I'm playing. I intend to really mess around with his combo potential as hes a walking combo video now so I love it :3 So I'm making a list of anything I wanna try and I'm adding to that anything you guys here would like me to try. Combo related, Magnetism related or pressure related things I can all work with on the fly. So ask away and I'll try my best to figure out as much as possible :3

I agree, the extra damage his moves do are the icing on the cake.

Yeah I'm really feeling for once it's not going to be a matter of everyone figuring out how to play their character, it's just a matter of not getting hit by Tager now when we can apply pressure in a variety of situations.

So Tagerbros, I'm gonna be going to Northwest Majors this weekend and there is going to be a playable version of Extend there for people to mess around with so I intend to play that shit a ton. I don't know if there are going to be any other Tager players from here at the event as the only Tager I know of from PNW here is Osuna and I dunno if he'll be there. But I'm here to ask you guys if there is anything you'd like me test out when I'm playing. I intend to really mess around with his combo potential as hes a walking combo video now so I love it :3 So I'm making a list of anything I wanna try and I'm adding to that anything you guys here would like me to try. Combo related, Magnetism related or pressure related things I can all work with on the fly. So ask away and I'll try my best to figure out as much as possible :3

Find the match reach for 5D and 4D.

Try to find the strongest possible fatal 2C combo without meter.

figure out which heights j.2C>5B won't work on or should I say which parts.

Normally if your opponent is higher it will work.

Check if charged Bsledge leads to more damage, I haven't seen any evidence saying otherwise but I am not sure.

Check if our gadget RC mixups/gimmicks still work.

Those are all the ones I can think of and are pretty straight forward.

Find out how long the untechable time on 3C actually is by flinging them in the air and doing nothing. Find out what the proration is on Terrabreak by recording how much the break actually did and how much the next hit does. Also probably a good idea to find out how much raw damage the move does.

look if the old micro walk 360B combos still work on people and if it's still useful to do instead of the 3C AC one people do now.

try stuff with the VTC Hammer, looking for max damage and if dong an RC right after a successful hit is viable.

also look if it's possible to still VTC 720 like in cs2 (i think it's still in) and if you can autoguard something then delay the 720 by like 1-2seconds. same with hammer, look if we can delay the move after a successful autoguard.

try gimmicks with the new 5B j.cancel... i guess...

maybe my questions are already answered and if there is video proof i did not see them yet, and i hope you'll excuse me for it.

look if the old micro walk 360B combos still work on people and if it's still useful to do instead of the 3C AC one people do now.

try stuff with the VTC Hammer, looking for max damage and if dong an RC right after a successful hit is viable.

also look if it's possible to still VTC 720 like in cs2 (i think it's still in) and if you can autoguard something then delay the 720 by like 1-2seconds. same with hammer, look if we can delay the move after a successful autoguard.

try gimmicks with the new 5C j.cancel... i guess...

maybe my questions are already answered and if there is video proof i did not see them yet, and i hope you'll excuse me for it.

Micro walks definitely don't work, both busters have 20 p2, people tech out almost immediately if you try to follow. 3C > AC works because both of those moves have abnormally huge untechable times. VTC 720 (to do a standing 720) is still in, I think I saw it in a match video somewhere. Other things I'm not sure about.

using driver into 3C MTW TB does allow you to easily calculate minimum damage if they're different.

Umm....I would like to know if there are any new tech traps thanks to the buff on 3C.