Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CSE] Tsubaki Yayoi Video Compilation 3.0 (Updated 4/7/13)

I felt a slight delay in the input between the 236D > 214D.

I could be wrong but it was noticeable when I saw it the first time by a little.

I'm pretty sure that was definately immediate. Isn't that how 236D-214D is supposed to come out? A delay would result in nothing coming out, or you'd even visibly see Ragna exit blockstun.

I hope i'm wrong though. That was one of the useful tools Tsubaki used to get in easier, and having it nerfed means she's gonna have a harder time in general. I would hate to use the move and then easily be put back on the defensive. You're just making it easier for them to pressure you and in the case where it was Ragna, we don't want that at all.

With the J.214B dilemma, seems like the case that is has invincibility. It would definately help in escaping AAs I guess.

Ya, there's a great deal of window for you to cancel into your next D move right now in CS 2 and I'd imagine the same for extend.

It could be quite long to almost invisible level of delay but you can put it in there as you see fit. I do it all the time into 214D or 22D.

Heh, you're right.

I just wish I could see EX Tsubaki frame data though. It'll make things easier for me to understand. I'm more keen on seeing that rather than investigating combos for Tsubaki atm.

I think the inferno divider whiff was just an awesome coincidence, because if you look at the hitbox for inferno divider you'll see that there's some transitionary time between it's first "on the ground" hit and the second, leaping hit. According to the frame data, that's 4 frames there between the attacks, so if Tsubaki is coming down fast, and Ragna is going up fast, it's possible that she just never quite overlapped hitting boxes on ID.

Here's something andrew showed me-

Konan(Tsubaki) vs Tao(unknown)

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/18163045

54:44 mark.

Just one match from what I can see but it's interesting to see how Konan is trying to play the match up with the extend Tsubaki.

Somethings I noticed-

Konan's main source of charges is him holding down 5D until he gets 1 full charge

5C© delay still works great as a frame trap

Konan doesn't use j.D charge very much at all, even after he techs extremely high after Tao's combo ender(it's pretty safe to charge there in CS 2 from what I've seen/played)

Tao's crawl still goes under 236C. :arg:

He also seemed to try to go for a DP whiff combo but given the misinput on the second one, I'm going to guess it was a hjc that he was trying to do immediately after the whiff.

Blockstring: 5A - 5C - 5D(tap) --> Tao counterhits Tsubaki with her 5B...

Really? am I missing something here? >.>

those 3.5k meterless gold burst combos piss me off. We're probably at like 1.5k now off gold bursts.:vbang:

Gold burst in the corner with no charges will probably net us around 2.4k with full IAD combo off 2CC > etc etc.

Blockstring: 5A - 5C - 5D(tap) --> Tao counterhits Tsubaki with her 5B...

Really? am I missing something here? >.>

Konan dashed and tried some shenanigans instead of keeping the charge cancel tight.

I'll be uploading it later on for anyone that doesn't want to watch it on the stream archive.

I also noticed when he was jumping in with j.C, even though I know Tsu's air normals are ass, Tetsu was immediately able to block the j.CC afterwards. In CS2 couldn't we delay the j.CC and it would still connect when we jumped in even when it wasn't CH?

I also noticed when he was jumping in with j.C, even though I know Tsu's air normals are ass, Tetsu was immediately able to block the j.CC afterwards. In CS2 couldn't we delay the j.CC and it would still connect when we jumped in even when it wasn't CH?

Frame data says, yes, you can do that in CS2 (j.C is 16 frames of Hitstun, j.CC is only 10 frames of startup, so you can delay several frames before hitting j.CC and it should still connect even without CH. CH just makes the delay window bigger.)

Edit: Oops. We can only cancel into j.CC from frame 18 onwards, so you can only really "delay" j.CC if you either hit late in the active frames, or get a CH or hit a croucher. Still, it sure does combo on non CH/Crouch.

Konan dashed and tried some shenanigans instead of keeping the charge cancel tight.

Tao's 5B is also crazy fast for a 5B - it's actually faster than her 5A. It just has terrible range.

Mutou @ Rabu Chuchu Sei :TS: vs Issa :RE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wh6HSIYLuQ#t=9m08

Mutou @ Rabu Chuchu Sei :TS: vs PRFARMY :HA:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wh6HSIYLuQ#t=15m25

Koji :RG: vs Mutou @ Rabu Chuchu Sei :TS:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTOlAi6nUfc#t=7m42

Mutou @ Rabu Chuchu Sei :TS: vs Natakishi :HA:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8_89k3HaF8#t=8m08

Them matches are pretty good, she starting to shape up a bit

Hum, I thought I heard the announcer say "Spineoza Tsubaki" or something.

Also, some interesting stuff in these videos.

Corner:

Throw > 6CC > 236C > 5C > 2C works - This goes to show exactly how much lower 6CC launches off the ground now and puts possibilities with 236x continuation off of 6CC mid screen as well.

Gold Burst > IAD Combo > 236C > 214A(?) > 236236C works - One wonders why he didn't just do it while he was sliding off of 22x or gone 22x > 6C > 236236C but it's cool that it works. The damage that was added was rather pitiful though.

Also, worth noting that I haven't seen corner - 22C > 5C > 2C pick up stuff on sliding in any of these extend videos. Not sure if it's not viable or just doesn't work anymore but we'll see.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's Spinoza. I've always seen him in some shape or form in the Nishi Nippori events. I'll make a note of it though.

Hum, I thought I heard the announcer say "Spineoza Tsubaki" or something.

Also, some interesting stuff in these videos.

Corner:

Throw > 6CC > 236C > 5C > 2C works - This goes to show exactly how much lower 6CC launches off the ground now and puts possibilities with 236x continuation off of 6CC mid screen as well.

Gold Burst > IAD Combo > 236C > 214A(?) > 236236C works - One wonders why he didn't just do it while he was sliding off of 22x or gone 22x > 6C > 236236C but it's cool that it works. The damage that was added was rather pitiful though.

Also, worth noting that I haven't seen corner - 22C > 5C > 2C pick up stuff on sliding in any of these extend videos. Not sure if it's not viable or just doesn't work anymore but we'll see.

Yeah 2440 or something with 50 heat. Why it annoyed me to see tao getting 3500 off gold with no heat or anything. Tsubaki gold bursts have always been weak of course.