Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CSE] Tsubaki Yayoi Video Compilation 3.0 (Updated 4/7/13)

There's that 22C > 5C > 2C pick up in the corner.

First time I've seen someone use it in extend. With a even faster 5C, I was wondering why people were omitting it as a ender(maybe for more untechable charge time?) but it's nice to know that it still works just the same.

It also seems we're able to cancel out of back throw much quicker in extend and that's how he was able to Mugen > dash < 623D and etc etc.

Also, it kind of feels like Mugen might last a little longer as he had a chance to probably do a 6C > 236236D or maybe ever 5C© > 2C > 236236D at the end of that mugen combo.

The corner ground throw was nice to see. In terms of the damage and the advantageous position.

We're getting there, very slowly...

I haven't heard anything about Tsubaki Extend from NWM sadly.

10/29 Nishi Nippori

TORI (Relius) vs Shinmai Purodeyu^sa^(Tsubaki)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5iEutSrRXM

icho (Ragna) vs Shinmai Purodeyu^sa^ (Tsubaki)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZRZNofWtDc

Shinmai Purodeyu^sa^(Tsubaki) vs nyomu ( Rachel )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6cMJ09ZuLA

mikan yarou ( Carl ) vs shinmai purodeyu^sa^ ( Tsubaki )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkyzYQizosw

There's more coming up but YT derped with the rest of the event so I have to fix it after classes.

well at least were seeing more of tsubaki now also i'm diffidently seeing more usage of her mugen but i haven't seen any actual combos with it yet

Kinda new to Dustloop, if I have a question about a video should i move it to Q/A?

Anyway, I was watching the first video here, and I kept noticing the Tsubaki would end up with low damaging combos in the corner. I only really know a few, i.e. the first few in the challenge mode, and couple off the forums, but the first challenge mode combo in the corner did about 3.2k after 22D which i found was pretty easy, yet the tsubaki kept doing one that only did about 1.9k damage... It may be an Extend thing, but is there a reason the tsubaki was avoiding the 22D > 6CC > jc > C > jc > CC > 236A > 214A combo? (think thats the right notation...) Without built up experience, it's hard to tell what things they are doing intentionally and what they are not.

Anyway, I was watching the first video here, and I kept noticing the Tsubaki would end up with low damaging combos in the corner. I only really know a few, i.e. the first few in the challenge mode, and couple off the forums, but the first challenge mode combo in the corner did about 3.2k after 22D which i found was pretty easy, yet the tsubaki kept doing one that only did about 1.9k damage... It may be an Extend thing, but is there a reason the tsubaki was avoiding the 22D > 6CC > jc > C > jc > CC > 236A > 214A combo? (think thats the right notation...) Without built up experience, it's hard to tell what things they are doing intentionally and what they are not.

Well, in extend, Tsubaki's quickest charge input is jD. She avoids the extra jc set so she can have the ability to dash backward or forward. If she does the extra jump, she has less options and will likely eat an anti-air to a meaty combo. Also, all dmg output has been nerfed for most of the characters. Was 22D comboed into or was it just a reset by itself? If 22D was comboed into (..2A>5B>22D), it tends to have less dmg. But doing 22D > 6CC > jc > C > jc > CC > 236A > 214A is least optimal dmg for 1 stock. IADs and dp whiffs will up the dmg.

Ok, I watched the videos, and I know what you're actually talking about now. The Tsu player was trying to do one of the following options: bait a burst, set up more opportunities for charging to get more dmg later, or catching the guy in the air with a random j normal to 236A>236C.

Ok, I can definitely see that, thanks. And yeah, I know it isn't optimal, but I'm still pretty new :P I was mainly just asking why she wasn't going for the more damaging combos.

The end of that was just :8/:

EDIT: to below post sorry pk lol

damn that bang >.< but the grab into the corner combo on bang was pretty nice i diffidently see 5B being replaced with 5C ;_; but i am noticing the speed difference between the two

Some fun matches there.

I could see what Kuresu was trying to do with some of the combos and links there that didn't work out all that well.

A few things I noticed- 2nd hit of 5BB was countered by Makoto without IB. While we know that the gap of when that 2nd hit comes out is bigger now but it remains to be seen if it's counterable by guard point stuff from characters like Makoto, Hakumen and Bang. He seemed to gatling to 5B > 5CC immediately most of the time and I think given you have better proration and 5C just comes out quicker in that gatling, it will most likely be a better option.

I didn't see him use charge cancel at all in any of the matches indicating that either he doesn't think it's viable or just simply hasn't worked it into his playstyle just yet.

A lot of j.D charging here and there with back dash j.CC to get away worked quite well and is still hard to punish if you do it right.

At one point it seemed he inputed 5C as an anti air against tao and it was ineffective even though the hit box seemed like it might work in that occasion making it seem like 5C probably won't be alternate to 2C as a faster AA.

Not a lot of DP whiff combos and the ones he tried, he dropped- the hjc links are deceptively tight I believe and probably not worth the effort in his eyes ATM.

His CH punish of choice seems to 5C CH > 6CC still which can lead to very good damage in extend as well. I kind of thought a 3C FC > 6CC would be the new thing but I can understand 5C would be a much quicker punish.

All in all though, he was able to go toe to toe against high level players even while not really playing at his best which is a good sign to do those who fear where she'll end up in the tier list.

Some fun matches there.

I could see what Kuresu was trying to do with some of the combos and links there that didn't work out all that well.

A few things I noticed- 2nd hit of 5BB was countered by Makoto without IB. While we know that the gap of when that 2nd hit comes out is bigger now but it remains to be seen if it's counterable by guard point stuff from characters like Makoto, Hakumen and Bang. He seemed to gatling to 5B > 5CC immediately most of the time and I think given you have better proration and 5C just comes out quicker in that gatling, it will most likely be a better option.

I didn't see him use charge cancel at all in any of the matches indicating that either he doesn't think it's viable or just simply hasn't worked it into his playstyle just yet.

A lot of j.D charging here and there with back dash j.CC to get away worked quite well and is still hard to punish if you do it right.

At one point it seemed he inputed 5C as an anti air against tao and it was ineffective even though the hit box seemed like it might work in that occasion making it seem like 5C probably won't be alternate to 2C as a faster AA.

Not a lot of DP whiff combos and the ones he tried, he dropped- the hjc links are deceptively tight I believe and probably not worth the effort in his eyes ATM.

His CH punish of choice seems to 5C CH > 6CC still which can lead to very good damage in extend as well. I kind of thought a 3C FC > 6CC would be the new thing but I can understand 5C would be a much quicker punish.

All in all though, he was able to go toe to toe against high level players even while not really playing at his best which is a good sign to do those who fear where she'll end up in the tier list.

hmm i see wat you mean i think charge canceling is a more viable opinion or maybe as you said he just hasn't fitted into his playstyle but i have come to the conclusion that tsubaki now will rely heavily on charge cancel mix ups and mugen also meter managing is still a big factor but not only that but also knowing when to charge or using the right combos for not only damage but for the amount of install gauges you obtain i think shes a bit more technical this time around but she still has good tools and opinions not as hard to win with in cs1 but i find she will have a harder time than in cs2

Still watching but...all I can say is I got to stop using CAs so much now because I feel like that is going to be my downfall in CSE >>;;;

EDIT: finished watching the Ragna one. On the edge of my seat the entire time. x.x;;

Supinoza does some fun stuff~

11/19

Ronitta :JI: vs Supinoza :TS: *lol at the end*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TufKYxr79Cc#t=11m03

HTY :HZ: vs Supinoza :TS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mXxssvnxdU#t=10m19

Koji :RG: vs Supinoza :TS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijTGFpfhYPA

Nigiriusagi :PT: vs Supinoza :TS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTzoIO2YEVY#t=3m58

Yuu :NO: , Nigiriusagi :PT: vs Supinoza :TS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz8ra4Urv5Y

Ok, that's all the videos.

Holy ghetto resets, batman!

And here I thought I was the only one that liked resetting into 6A unnecessarily.

You're not, but I think he's doing it because it is necessary, sorry to say

fun watch

When it comes to videos with only one match in it, there is always one thing I constantly look at before the match begins.

The duration. When it is short like that you know something is terribly wrong.

Thanks for those PK.

When it comes to videos with only one match in it, there is always one thing I constantly look at before the match begins.

The duration. When it is short like that you know something is terribly wrong.

Thanks for those PK.

this sucked for me when I was watching starcraft 1 games on youtube. Hasn't gotten me watching BB yet, but I had a lot of training ignoring durations. I even used some script stuff for a while to hide the duration when I watched a lot of SC, not now though.

Yep, exactly that. It took too much work to maintain though, so when I stopped watching a lot of SC I stopped doing it.

Supinoza sure knows how to entertain.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say he and his opponent were conspiring together to keep the match going as long as possible by dropping combos and links at the most crucial times during some of those matches.

Supinoza also options for DP whiff j.C > j.CC > j236A > j214C instead of the hjc j.C > etc etc option as well. Probably because it's much easier to land and does a bit more damage.