Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pktazn

[CSE] Tsubaki Yayoi Video Compilation 3.0 (Updated 4/7/13)

Uh guys..he's just a beginner Tsubaki. I mean, who hasn't done the ABC into charging star when starting out with tsu before moving onto IAD and dp whiffs? He's probably not even aware that balance changes exist yet.

I saw CH jC on air dash 5B SJC jB jC Air mugen j214D

He has to be trying to be that bad, I mean some of that stuff is just too damn silly to be serious

Uh guys..he's just a beginner Tsubaki. I mean, who hasn't done the ABC into charging star when starting out with tsu before moving onto IAD and dp whiffs? He's probably not even aware that balance changes exist yet.

I had the same thought when I watched the vids, and so, I agree with you. It explains why he was doing 5D taps for example.

If we see him later we're bound to see some improvements hopefully.

He has to be trying to be that bad, I mean some of that stuff is just too damn silly to be serious

That doesn't make any sense. He clearly isn't used to the new Tsubaki since I saw him trying to pull off a couple of CS2 stuff. I mean, it's not like Japan can't have their own average players trying to learn around there too right?

Well Masayoshi barrier blocked it and then used Jesus kick so that may be why but it does look like it's worse on block...

Sorry, just that we have so many vids of japanese Tsubaki players with either decent, solid, or superb gameplay. So I was expecting the latter. Seeing more beginner gameplay from these vids is something I wasnt expecting to see, just sayin'.

That doesn't make any sense. He clearly isn't used to the new Tsubaki since I saw him trying to pull off a couple of CS2 stuff. I mean, it's not like Japan can't have their own average players trying to learn around there too right?

What I mean is some of the things like during one of the Makoto matches the 22s random when she is half a screen away, even for beginner it is not a wise but for all we know these are his first real opponents and he has the jitters.

I will give him one thing his throw timing is impeccable, which is why I thought he might have been better then he "was leading us" to believe.

Hard to say, but it would have to be REALLY BAD (Like -9) on block to get hit by Ragna's 5B after being barrier blocked, so I'm hoping that it's just that Tsubaki wasn't blocking.

it could also be that he was trying to jump out? dat jump startup

it could also be that he was trying to jump out? dat jump startup

Definitely possible! If they changed it to be -5 like the other 214Xs, trying to jump out after with a 4 frame jump startup would be just enough to get hit by a 5B.

Still, this is sadness inducing if true.

The only good thing about this match was the moment in the first round where, I think, Hakumen did a Kishuu and went UNDER Tsubaki's CA and I went "Wait, what the?!" and the announcer went "NANDA?!" Grats us on CA hitbox nerf, unless Hakumen has gotten more invulnerability on Kishuu. 6A confirmed as a FC though. :P

Looks like 214C launches on normal hit again. Not sure if this is good or bad, but it's interesting.

Is it just me, or is Tsubaki losing a lot of matches? I mean, fine, we're not getting videos of 'Good' Tsubaki players, but they're not exactly playing Dora/Akira/Buppa/Kaqn as competition either. =/

Bleh. I get less and less hype for this game over time.

The only good thing about this match was the moment in the first round where, I think, Hakumen did a Kishuu and went UNDER Tsubaki's CA and I went "Wait, what the?!" and the announcer went "NANDA?!" Grats us on CA hitbox nerf, unless Hakumen has gotten more invulnerability on Kishuu. 6A confirmed as a FC though. :P

In a previous match, tao did a CA on Kuresu, which he countered easily with 5C. So I think CA and its properties are nerfed overall. DP whiffs haven't been used at all since the earliest matches that were posted up. I kinda want to see how Tsubaki does in the air. We've seen people mostly do ground charges but not air charges yet.(well just a few times but not many) My overall impressions on CS:EX tsu is that she's a mix of cs1 and cs2, which is bad.

Looks like 214C launches on normal hit again. Not sure if this is good or bad, but it's interesting.

I looked at the meter on that combo. It's 236C >214D not 214C

I looked at the meter on that combo. It's 236C >214D not 214C

oop, my bad. =/

M shi :LI:, FT :HA: vs Kishida :TS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVOfTZJ1-94

This Tsubaki made me really nervous every time he threw out 214D lol.

Ah of course 3C is 'safer' the further we use it. Why didn't I realise sooner?

Then again it doesn't matter since 3C is near unusable here.

It would seem 'semi decent' to use from a good set distance, and it some cases we could score a FC. Then again it will be dependant on the character we're playing against.

I'm also not used to 6C delivering a normal CH nor am I used to seeing Hakumen's 4C charge, lol.

I would've loved to see more corner combos from that Tsubaki though. 623C - J.236A - J.214D - JD - JC - stuff....I wonder if that's the main thing here now in EX.

3C is "safer" in that if you space it PERFECTLY, you're 'only' at -5. I actually glanced at this back when I was doing the initial CS2 frame data comparison, and basically wrote it off as still not really feasable. Though I guess at decent range it's safe if people wait to see if you do the followup.

Legit questions yo~

Watching some of the vids, I don't know if this has been discussed before but:

A.) So now that we have a few more Tsubaki vids show up, what seems to be our options for gaining charge in our neutral game? Considering we can't tap 5D anymore and 5D now only goes up to 1.5. I just wanted to see everyone else's opinions, I rely on the 5D tap in CS2 a lot and lots of 2-3 charge combos. Which leads me into my next question.

B.) CS2 Average charge usage was like 1-2 midscreen and no more than 3 in the corner. I hardly see Tsu's charging up more than 3 stock if they're lucky. I've been mostly taking note that most Tsubaki that get 1 charge are using it in blockstrings + combos. Is CSX looking like 1 charge combos midscreen and 2 maybe 3 for average use? But this question may be on the fact that imo in CSX, finding a safe time to charge and get actual stock seems a lot harder.

Of course, I could be wrong, and at times I have a horrible memory so please correct me if I am, but this is just observation on my part.

From what I'm gathering from the change thread. We're mostly seeing 1 charge combos because of the proration nerf on D moves as well as the more difficult time to charge. Also I've seen a few people use the mugen DD a lot more to get more D moves in for less charge and I think the D move proration is better than mugen but don't quote me on this.

As for charge, I think we find out that through this thread or the other that charge canceling gives a little more than using regular. I also believe the reason that most are using the air ender combo because that builds the most amount of charge.

I could be wrong on all of this so anybody feel free to call me out on this and correct me.