Sign in to follow this  
KayEff

[CSE] Ragna Gameplay Discussion

ragna in CS2 is right next to bang and tager, who are the two lowest of the tier list

B tier may not be bad in itself per se, but in the context of everyone he's so far down the list it's safe to say he's low tier

Depends on which tier list you look at. Plus it's still the same overall tier, regardless of how far "down" the list he is he's still B. The only low tier is Tager.

ENIWEEI.. Is "Tager Special" combo going to hurt alot more, or even possible now? Sure, the finisher after 22C is gone, but will the damage buff on all moves compensate that?

And, I have yet to see 6D whiff j.D combos..

If there isn't some kind of ridiculous Tager-only combo by console release, I shall do my best to create one.

Same here. The extended hitbox on j.C looks promising for Tager only stuff.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrqjsT6NGS0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

@9:20, shows the counter hit j.D float. That floats really high. So much so you can probably whiff a 5A and still dash in for the 5B/5C pickup.

And we can see the Blood Kain cooldown nerf slightly later. The old BK 50 meter combo now only gains about 20.

Edited by MashThat5A

His combo was whack though. i think could expect to be able to do the full BK combo's with 65-70 meter depending on how much heat the second hit of HF gets.

IMO it was pretty safe. He could have done

BK activate > 5D(1)>DS>5D(1)>GH>6D>DID>j.D>BE>5D>22C (whiff)> Hell's Fang x2>ender

Which is equally easy, looks like it still works, and gains more meter. But what do I know.

EDIT: And if he didn't drop his combo but it's Kaqn, he could have landed another Hell's Fang. :/

Edited by MashThat5A

The recovery on Tsukia looks reduced enough that we can do a safe jump j.B. I'd love to be able to test this.

seems that from sakamoto's video you can still apply the "3C oki" mixup, but with hell's fang

i actually really like it this way since you can apply hell's fang in just about every combo you do. the extra heat is also always nice.

my only gripe is if you can punish tech rolls the same way you can in CS2 (land dash 2B).

though the 4B~A option select looks a little wonky, since the opponent can still block high after a roll. i would've loved to see him to 1B~A and punish rolls with 2B.

I thought his OS was legit, decided to play around in CS2 today and went into training to test it out. This OS can be blocked, but I tried something else instead: 4+1+B+A, even though it's tricky to do and sometimes can be blocked, it punishes rolls with 2B and barrier blocks neutral tech. 2B 5B HF(1) 5A 5B 5D DID/CID cu 3C HF seems like a perfect punish that puts them right back into the corner.

My bad, that's exactly what I meant. As far as 22ca, I spent hours trying to get it to work consistently and it just doesn't.... Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't.

My bad, that's exactly what I meant. As far as 22ca, I spent hours trying to get it to work consistently and it just doesn't.... Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't.

22CA? Are you sure you doing the input right? It's 22A~C.

The order should matter since whatever you pressed first is going to come out if they teched, and the idea is to have it be 2A instead of 2C for the quicker recovery.

OK, I just discovered something in CS2 that is character specific that would probably become universal in CSEX:

It is possible to do 5B>5C>j.c.>jC>delay jD>land 5A >combo on tall characters like Valk, Litchi, Tager, Haku etc. in CS2. It's pretty hard to get consistently, and will probably never work in netplay. It *just* doesn't work on the medium sized characters like Noel, Lambda, Jin etc, the jC sword animation can be seen to just brush the tip of their head but it doesn't hit.

Now, we know that jC's vertical hitbox became fatter downwards (i.e. larger hitbox below the sword animation), so it'd work on most of the cast except for Carl and Plat. And it'd probably become stronger since a) the damage off of 5B and 5C increased b) jD probably got a level increase (since it has more untech time), so we can do jD land 5B instead of jD land 5A, saving the combo from unnecessary proration.

Sign in to follow this