Sign in to follow this  
KayEff

[CSE] Ragna Gameplay Discussion

Uhh, I remember reading somewhere here a post about how doing 3C>Jump Cancel >Airdash J.C was better than 3C>22C at the end of combos.

I remember there was a whole slew of mixups possible from the 3C jump cancel and i've been abusing the high/low but I wanted to know if someone could link me to that post so I could apply all the mixup options to my game.

Ahh, thanks a lot. The post I remember had a lot more detailed setups but I guess I'll just have to come up with some of my own

Uhh, I remember reading somewhere here a post about how doing 3C>Jump Cancel >Airdash J.C was better than 3C>22C at the end of combos.

I remember there was a whole slew of mixups possible from the 3C jump cancel and i've been abusing the high/low but I wanted to know if someone could link me to that post so I could apply all the mixup options to my game.

It's also described in the 3C section on the wiki

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ragna_the_Bloodedge_%28BBCSE%29

Man I want Extend. Need to have some Ragna shenanigans in training and netplay and I don't wanna play CS2.

Damn, lol^

Alright guys, there's something wrong with dash under 3C... Sometimes it can be air-teched before Hell's Fang connects.

Mind you, 3C hits and doesn't Blue Beat. Can't be proration since dash under 3C works perfectly... Heavy proration wouldn't allow that. Doesn't happen in any specific combo, it just, *happens*.

Almost sure that it only happens on consoles since I've never seen this on Arcades.

First experienced it in Abyss Mode, but didn't care since my character was mad modified and thought that it had something to do with it.

But I must bring this issue since it occurred during an online match... (didn't record, ugh...)

Could be same move proration.

Besides that I dunno.

-

I think I'll make some sort of Unlimited Ragna guide and practical combo video in the future.

Don't laugh. I live in Alaska. There's not much else to do.

But, yeah. Unlimited Ragna is mad fun. Maybe not the best, but super fun. He's probably up there though.

Did you know that the first part of Unlimited Ragna's Dead Spike Rekka is PLUS 14 or something on block?

It's pretty hilarious.

The second and third follow-ups are around neutral or so. But you also have the gigantic range and pushback. Sooooooooo.......

And after 6DD you have so much blockstun that you don't even have to jab afterwards. If you delay the JD a bit you can go right into 5C if you want to for some reason. Even on instant block.

I love his new super. If only it didn't blow the enemy so far away and had lifesteal it would be by far his best super. Oh well. You can't have everything I guess.

Edited by Beautiful Death

Damn, lol^

Alright guys, there's something wrong with dash under 3C... Sometimes it can be air-teched before Hell's Fang connects.

Mind you, 3C hits and doesn't Blue Beat. Can't be proration since dash under 3C works perfectly... Heavy proration wouldn't allow that. Doesn't happen in any specific combo, it just, *happens*.

Almost sure that it only happens on consoles since I've never seen this on Arcades.

First experienced it in Abyss Mode, but didn't care since my character was mad modified and thought that it had something to do with it.

But I must bring this issue since it occurred during an online match... (didn't record, ugh...)

Read it wrong......twice...I'm free to reading. If they airtech off the 3C, then yeah that's just weird. Sorry I couldn't give you an answer.

Edited by Dont_Explain

Airtech off 3C shouldn't happen at such low height... never. The issue is not Hell's Fang and yes how the heck 3C untechable time glitches to allow that.

Maaan, the Air tech is high enough to get off the corner lol

Wouldn't be surprised if it's just a port glitch, since some characters in the past had them.

Well, yeah that's an extreme case. But how often do you see it after BnB CID (CU) 3C?

It's happened to me before. It's very rare, but not impossible.

If the proration is low enough, they can air tech 3C. Case in point, 3C>22C>RC 3C>22C>RC 3C

That's because 22C has 5% repeat proration, Johnny. I doubt any other combo would get even close to that without dropping before hand. I'm convinced it's a glitch, because I've made 3C > 22C work after double Divider > Straight punch before.

OKAY GUYS. I FUCKING LOVE CROSS-UP j.C

We need some research into good set-ups and uses for it man, it's saved my ass on several occasions.

Can anyone give me an explanation on why 6B > 5C > 6C combos on a crouching opponent but not on a standing one?

Crouching hitstun is 2 frames more than standing hits, which allows the 6C to connect after 5C, since 5C (being a level 4 move) gives 19 frames of hitstun on hit, but 6C has 20 frames of start up. 19 + 2 is 21, so that's enough time for 6C to start up and hit.

Fatal also adds 2 frames of hitstun, hence why FC 2C > 5C > 6C works.

At least as far as I know.

cross up j.c is awesome happen to me too cross up j.c works when you are really close to your opponent and and forward jump and use jump c that's what happen to me lol

Seems to me like it only works really well on tall/wider hitbox characters. It's absolutely golden on Tager, and it's easy on Bang, but it doesn't really work on Jin.

I'll probably try to see who I can make it work on, and how, later tonight so we can have a good list for this.

Sign in to follow this