Sign in to follow this  
KayEff

[CSE] Ragna Gameplay Discussion

5C had repeat proration in CS1. should we go back to that ragna?

Didn't Ragna start off at S tier in CS1 and still end up in a good position?

iirc, there were like 6 characters better than him.

Considering that CS1 had 3 unusable/extremely weak characters, I'd say that Ragna was average when compared to the monster Top Tiers.

He did a little over 4k iirc off 5B>5C>2D Rapid combos and got back most of the heat. Same with GH rapid. I don't think BK was really needed.

The only problem with CS2 Ragna was his inability to extend combos. Even if you were close to corner, Belial could fail off j.C.

His moves just didn't have enough untechable time to be on par with the proration he inflicted.

Let's build the ultimate Ragna gais!

-CT 5D

-CS1 3C, 22C, Belial last hit, 6A and 3C Chains, Gauntlet Hades

-CS2 Deadspike, mid-Belial, BK cooldown

-CSE 6B, 6D, j.D

Same as CS1's actually, floats on hit. My mistake, CS's is better because of the larger hitbox, not sure if CT has the same hitbox but it definitely got nerfed on CS2.

Didn't CS1 DID have some invincibilty? I mean not as much as CID, but imagine wakeup DID with these buffs......4K-5k the opponent risks on wakeup if we have meter.

It sounds so wrong.....and I love it.

5D in CS1 got a hitbox buff, but i believe CT's came out faster. dunno can't remember. i do remember how his 5C in CT was slow as fuck, but imo i'd prefer CT ragna but with some CS2 mixes or something. CT is da bessss.

I think they should keep BE's corner blowback, but take away it's repeat proration. Just find a way to make double BE harder, it was way too cool, that's one thing I definitely miss from CS1.

I always liked that first hit that CS1 belial edge did. Just one of those small things that I actually kinda miss.

5D in CS1 got a hitbox buff, but i believe CT's came out faster. dunno can't remember. i do remember how his 5C in CT was slow as fuck, but imo i'd prefer CT ragna but with some CS2 mixes or something. CT is da bessss.

His hitboxes are horrid, and is probably the biggest victim of Proration Point (untechable based by frames). He had to end his combos prematurely because of that.

5C was mad punishable, 5B didn't extend on the latest frames, his pressure was not strong (remember how IB was very good back then), Gauntlet Hades was utterly useless as a starter and had abysmal reward...

CT Rags was solid, but I'd rather have a more solid Rag like CS2's.

I always liked that first hit that CS1 belial edge did. Just one of those small things that I actually kinda miss.

^ THIS

I MISS THIS.

The only problem with CS2 Ragna was his inability to extend combos. Even if you were close to corner, Belial could fail off j.C.

His moves just didn't have enough untechable time to be on par with the proration he inflicted.

Let's build the ultimate Ragna gais!

-CT 5D

-CS1 3C, 22C, Belial last hit, 6A and 3C Chains, Gauntlet Hades

-CS2 Deadspike, mid-Belial, BK cooldown

-CSE 6B, 6D, j.D

You're forgetting extend dbd, and cs1 cs. But really, its all about the frames, hitstop and untech times.

Those are 6D loops.

EDIT: @Mashthat5a: Your avatar is no longer relevant, sir. It's supposed to be only 3 reps of 5A.

Edited by WolfCrimson

Sign in to follow this