Sign in to follow this  
KayEff

[CSE] Ragna Gameplay Discussion

you cant combo into bloodkain after a hit 5d can you? And with 6b being -4 on block its probably 0 on hit, meaning you cant link into that. Bloodkain takes 20 frames in total to finish, so alot of these moves you can not combo into unless your opponent is getting hit while in the air

That's the idea.:eng101:

if you are near/in the corner you can do (99/100 meter when you do blood kain)

(into corner, standing opponent) 2A 5B 5C 623D(1 hit) 236C 236C 6B Blood Kain 22C RC 6C 22C(whiff)/Dash Cancel 5D(1) 214B 214D 6B 214D Dash 5D(1)/5C 623D 236C 214D jD j214C 5D DC 5D 214214D

(in corner vs standing) 2A 5B 5C 623D (2 hits) 236C 236C (crosses over) 6B 214214D 22C RC 6C 214A(whiff) 214D 66(cross under) 623D 236C 214D 66jD j214C 5D 214B 214D 6B 5D (slight delay) 214D 5D 214214D

and the second combo has video reference!! (the starter is different but the followup combo after the DP is the same) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vvJS3C4PIw#t=2m07s

#selfpluglife

So I recently picked up the game and decided to main Ragna, and I'm having issues landing B+C 214B 214D 623D 236C 214D, specifically 623D. I'm only landing it maybe 3 out of 10 times, otherwise it either whiffs the opponent completely due to them teching or it doesn't come out at all. Imputs say I'm doing the motion correctly, so any clue as to how I'm doing it wrong?

Are you doing 214+B > 214+D immediately after the grab (like in the earliest possible windows) because if so the timing (or rather the moment when the interperator will properly register additional inputs) becomes a little stricter from my experience, but putting a slight delay in either 214+B or the follow up makes it much more lax to pull off. You have alot of time after the grab (like the opponent can leave your hands) to easily pull off 623+D and subsequent followups.

Just give it a bit more practice, soon you'll be landing it in no time, and can mess around with doing it at the latest possible times = w=

So I recently picked up the game and decided to main Ragna, and I'm having issues landing B+C 214B 214D 623D 236C 214D, specifically 623D. I'm only landing it maybe 3 out of 10 times, otherwise it either whiffs the opponent completely due to them teching or it doesn't come out at all. Imputs say I'm doing the motion correctly, so any clue as to how I'm doing it wrong?

You have to wait till he lands after the followup to GH(214B>214D),and then you can go into ID(623D>236C>214D). The best way to do this is to delay the 214D in GH so you're lower to ground. The timing isn't all that strict so just practice.

For Extend right? Pls Link Me

Hover over the "you always have my youtube channel~" and click on it to be redirected to his channel.

ok silly question here but wasn't really sure where to ask

i notice sometimes after ragna knocks down the opponent with inferno divider players can land a 22C if the opponent doesn't tech, i've tried doing this a million times and it never works, is there a special input for that or is it character specific or something?

22A~C

Strum your fingers across A and C, so it's almost like you're pressing them at the same time. If they tech, you get 2A, if they try to delay tech, you get 22C.

might be good to note that in order for 22C to land after inferno divider, the opponent cannot tech. ax kick > 22C will not work if the opponent techs correctly.

course that is the reason for using the 22A~C trick

In the corner, you'll you'll be ending most combos in either Axe Kick, or 22C. For Axe Kick ender, the 22A~C trick should blow up rolling and no teching, and get you pressure after a neutral tech. 22C ender gets you a stagger state, which is really strong, since if your opponent delays their tech, you can dash 5A/2A them and put them back into standing hitstun, which will allow you do do things like go for fuzzies (on certain characters at least, not sure on the specifics, but you can see an example at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3HvN04HsFE#t=30s when the combo resets, Ragna's doing a fuzzy j.A. It's after a tech, but you could also possibly do it on a no tech by doing 5A>jump cancel>j.A), tick throws, or just do a normal ground mixup. It's also pretty awkward to DP after a stagger state since you're back at neutral so quickly after recovering from it.

Generally if you use both hits of 5D twice or have to use the 236C>236C DP extension twice, you'll be going for Axe Kick ender because those two moves have same move proration. You also may have to use Axe Kick ender if you start off with a jab as well. If you don't end up having to use either of those moves twice, you can do DP>236C>236C>dash out of the corner>3C>22C as your ender.

And please everyone who knows Ragna better than myself, please be sure to pick apart my post and tell me if anything is wrong. =X

Edited by TheGreatReptar

To add to your post, Hells Fang ender is also pretty decent for high meter gain and safe jump oki. You can go into it from most, if not all things that would lead into 22C ender instead.

What can I do to condition people not to mash during my block strings? I read that doing 2A-2C frame traps and staggered jabs help but people still don't really give a damn and mash away so I never go for pressure resets because of it. : /.

What can I do to condition people not to mash during my block strings? I read that doing 2A-2C frame traps and staggered jabs help but people still don't really give a damn and mash away so I never go for pressure resets because of it. : /.

2C>(slight delay)>5C(CH)>6C>combo

2C>(no delay)>2D(CH)>combo

I usually use these to catch mashers. 2C>2D also catches people holding up-back, and if you can react to the 2D hit (hope you're playing offline) you can also RC it and get a combo even off a normal hit. CH will, of course, give you a few days to confirm into anything you want.

2D their shit, and if its a CH. You have years to think of a combo.

Tick throws, TRMs, 2A > 2C frame trap, 2C > 5C, 2A > 5C.

Try to work with those. Once you get the hang of how Ragna is meant to be played, you'll find it easy to keep your opponent honest.

Edited by -Kid

you can't just go full pressure game. pressure only works with ragna when you combine it with mixup (although that can be said with most characters). it's one thing to force an opponent to block, but it's another to force them to block correctly.

Sign in to follow this