Sign in to follow this  
KayEff

[CSE] Ragna Gameplay Discussion

Thanks for the response everyone. I'll give the suggestions a shot at the next offline meet up in town (or maybe online).

you can't just go full pressure game. pressure only works with ragna when you combine it with mixup (although that can be said with most characters). it's one thing to force an opponent to block, but it's another to force them to block correctly.

After looking back on my play I pretty much went for nothing but pressure whenever I had a chance to start something. Back to the drawing board for me I guess.

Can someone explain to me why some players like to use 6D in there block strings?

Because following up with J.D makes it safe.

Hey everyone, i got blazblue 2 days ago and i just finished some tutorials, and i started off as ragna and im starting to like him, however i still aint very good at the game and i dont know how to play Ragna very well, what should i practice in training room? what should be my begginer combos, whats ragna gameplay style? and how do i play him effectively as a beginner?

first off, i should mention that blazblue extend is about to die pretty soon, what with the new blazblue chrono phantasma JP on consoles coming out very soon.

but with that said, if you're still going to be playing ragna in both CSEX and CP, then you should focus on neutral gameplay, since that is pretty much intact between the iterations. the best way to do this is to just fight against people online. study what distances from the opponent work, and keep in mind the tactics that work as you fight more people. you can use the ragna wiki if you want some sort of guide on how to play ragna.

as for combos, it's not worth learning them anymore due to the fact that CP ragna has completely different combo routes. but if you still want to learn them, look at the ragna wiki for optimal combo routes.

Sadly i cant play online cos i dont have Gold membership :/ and i only recently got into blazblue but i have been a fan of fighting games for a while (playing street fighter for a long time) so i dont know if im gonna get the new blazblue any time soon, so for now im gonna stick with continuum shift extended. and thanks for telling me about the neutral game, however there are 2 more things that im stuck on. how does ragna get in on his opponent to start his damage? and im having a ton of trouble doing combos in the air such as: c - d - jump cancel c - d etc. im having alot of trouble doing the jump cancel in between normals in the air. what should i do with the jump canceling and how to get in on the opponent?

ragna's main approach is using footsies. his most commonly used are 5B and 5C. use those to judge your space with the opponent, and go in once you find an opportunity.

for aerial jump cancels, just hold up forward during hitstop (the moment when both characters' animations freeze)

if you don't have online, then there's not much else you can do. the best alternative is to find people in your area who play this game, but the chances of that happening aren't particularly good. i also wouldn't suggest training with CPUs because they teach you bad habits that won't work against real players.

in short, you're kinda fucked unless you buy the new blazblue.

Sign in to follow this