Sign in to follow this  
KayEff

[CSE] Ragna Gameplay Discussion

OK, I don't know if it's because I have the Training Dummy set to tech out, but I find myself still not being able to land that CU 3C.

It's a corner combo, I believe it's: 5B>5C>6C>Dc 6B>late 5C>5D(1)>214D>5C>hjc j.C>j.D>jc j.C>j.D>j.214C>5D>623C(1)>>236C>>236C>CU 3C

That cross under I cannot get for the life of me.

you should try doing the combo on jin, CU 3C is easier to do on him since his hitbox is fatter when falling.

I gave up with the cross under and I just go for the old CS1 combo dash after belial edge 5DD 22c works for me. When I do the cross unders I use 5B 6A HJC jC jD jD 214C 5DD 623D 236C 214D

i just noticed this, but why isn't this being discussed in the BBCP topic?

moving all BBCP related posts to that thread

Hey there,

I already got a general question-thread in "beginner mode", but I do not feel these Ragna specific questions belong there. I am fairly new to BB and decided to play HMen (recommended by a forum member), but in Arcade mode I got trashed by Ragna over and over again. Apart from that I really like that rushdown playstyle more than timing and punishing. So I decided to play him now :D

1. Tried challenge mode and I fail at challenge 5 over and over again. It is B+C, 236B, 236D, 623D, 236C, 214D (last two might not be correct, as I have never reached them :D ). My problem is the timing of the 623D after I touched the ground and the enemy is falling down. I really practiced that movement a lot and I am pretty sure that my fails are not based on wrong inputs. Does anybody has advice for the timing there? Some visual signals that tell me to input now? The trick with Hakumen bending his knees during the j.2C of his BnB helped me a lot :D

2. I have seen videos of some ridiculous combos with 100+ hits. Can you actually apply those ingame (given the start move hits) or are they something that only works in training mode?

I am pretty sure there are more questions incoming in the future :D Thanks in advance :)

this should be moved to the general discussion thread, but delay the followup to gauntlet hades. the inputs are correct, minus your first input after the throw (its 214B)

100+ hit combos are usually just claw super enders(214214D while in blood kain), they are relatively practical (if your opponent doesnt burst and has enough life).

this should be moved to the general discussion thread, but delay the followup to gauntlet hades. the inputs are correct, minus your first input after the throw (its 214B)

100+ hit combos are usually just claw super enders(214214D while in blood kain), they are relatively practical (if your opponent doesnt burst and has enough life).

Whoopsie, but 214B is what I input anyway just had it wrong in my memory :D Why should I delay the follow up (the one after 214B, right?)? I am going to try this today anyway, so thanks :) And what about the 623D? No delay here?

So you think I should practice one of these corner combos after I finished the basic stuff?

edit: I am able to do the combo now, thanks to delaying 214B and 214D. Now I need to practice it, so that I will fail less than 10% of my attempts. Thanks to you not_lunaris :)

Edited by Okidoki_Sir

I got another question:

Found this combo in the CS2 combo thread: 5B, 5C, 3C, 623D -> 236C -> 236C, 5D(1), 214D, 6A, j.214C, 5D, 214A -> 214D

Damage: 3257, Heat Gain: 44

Is it still possible to do that one in EX? I tried it a couple of times and I am not able to combo 3C into inferno divider. Is there a special trick about this?

are you trying to do this on jin? 3C > DID whiffs on jin if you do it too early.

this is possible in EX, but there are so many better combos than this one. this combo's primarily a CS2 one.

Would you mind telling me a combo which is worth being learned then? :D

I am looking for a corner combo which is meterless and not too difficult for a noob like me :D It should work on every character, because I don't know any corner combo so far

How fast is Ragna's dash cancel? I hear it's 22 frames, and is this the same for all of his dash cancel moves? So would 6C>DC be -4 on block and 5D(2)>DC be -2 on block? I know it's still dumb to do it, but it would be nice to know if I could pull the same frametrap gimmicks like hell's fang on block.

it is 22 frames

as for okidoki's request, here it is

requirements: crouching opponent

5B > 5C > 6C > dc 6D > jc j.C > j.214C > 6B > 5C > 5D(1) > 214D > 2C > 5D > 623C > 236C > 236C > CU 3C

off the top of my head it should do roughly 4~4.5k

Ive got a begginers ragna question, please bear with me because i havent been able to find the answer, but how do i cancel the second Hit of D inferno divider?

Input 236C between the first and second hit.

Some people like to do 360C for that.

Can't really describe the timing though, it will eventually come out after enough training.

Input 236C between the first and second hit.

Some people like to do 360C for that.

Can't really describe the timing though, it will eventually come out after enough training.

I just mash like fuck. Best part about playing on an xbox controller is being able to mash DP inputs easily.

to get a feel for the timing, something that helped me was inputting the ~236*C/D* as if i was hitting C/D when the second hit of the inferno divider would connect (of course, slightly earlier though)

Does anyone know of any ways to combo into bloodkain reliably?(meterless preferred, something that doesnt include grabbing).

enemy should be in the corner for optimal BK combo. good (and practical) starters would be 5B/5C/6B/2B on croucher (which you can use 6C > delay 214D > dash 6B), CH anti-air 6A, throw (both ground and air), and 2C (FC or no FC). impractical but high damage starters would be 5D(1) on crouchers (cancel into DS, then dash 5B into 6C), CH 2D, 6D, 6C, and CH gauntlet hades.

you cant combo into bloodkain after a hit 5d can you? And with 6b being -4 on block its probably 0 on hit, meaning you cant link into that. Bloodkain takes 20 frames in total to finish, so alot of these moves you can not combo into unless your opponent is getting hit while in the air

Sign in to follow this